Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dk2m
May 6, 2009
a lot to listen to; thank you all!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

Kilometers Davis posted:

I’m not usually this harsh about music but honestly if you’re like me and genuinely like In Flames it’s really best to just ignore everything related to them nowadays. It’s just... nothing but really mediocre output. There’s nothing worse than average metal. Give me poo poo rehashed riffs with some feeling behind ‘em at least. In Flames feels like an algorithm now.

In Flames were one of the first bands with harsh vocals I ever got into. Soundtrack to your Escape was one of my earliest contemporary metal purchases. I ended up liking that album less and less as time went on, but I still like Colony and other early In Flames stuff. I had tickets to the Lamb of God/Megadeth tour which In Flames is on and was morbidly curious about what a live In Flames show would sound like in 2020. Assuming the tour happens next year/they don't drop off, I'm still curious, but I'm setting my expectations at the loving floor.

Malaria
Oct 21, 2017

Just popping in late to the party to say that the new Necrot album is a loving banger.

I had never heard of them until last year, saw them open for Gatecreeper and Exhumed back in November in Hamtramck, MI. They are awesome live and super friendly in person. Wish I bought a shirt there. I spent all my cash that night on Gatecreeper merch and beer.

edit: maybe they opened for Suffocation the night before? I forget. Drunk metal weekend. Was good either way

Malaria fucked around with this message at 23:48 on Sep 1, 2020

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

My favourite corny sample intro has to be Cryptopsy Crown of Horns or Neuoris' Lost. Completely different ends of the sample spectrum.

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

Who wants the new Pig Destroyer?

Vinyl is good enough for me :)

Redeem at relapserecords.bandcamp.com/yum

rzzx-hqjk

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord

Dead Goon posted:

rzzx-hqjk

Baron Von Ghoulosh
Dec 16, 2005

There was a time when I fed from golden chalices,
but now...

Now, I feed as
an old man pees.

Dead Goon posted:

They have quickly become my go to grindcore-lite. Also, loving the ambient noise on this EP.

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

Just put it on, loving the vocals so far.

You're welcome!

Evil Bob
May 2, 2004

've lived a thousand times. I found out what it means to be GBS.
Hmmm a little pig destroyer to start the work day sounds nice. Going to throw it on now.

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

Malaria posted:

Just popping in late to the party to say that the new Necrot album is a loving banger.

I had never heard of them until last year, saw them open for Gatecreeper and Exhumed back in November in Hamtramck, MI. They are awesome live and super friendly in person. Wish I bought a shirt there. I spent all my cash that night on Gatecreeper merch and beer.

edit: maybe they opened for Suffocation the night before? I forget. Drunk metal weekend. Was good either way

You're right, they opened up for Exhumed/Gatecreeper on their last tour. To be honest that was my 2nd time seeing them and I hadn't listened to any of their music yet so it was cool but I'm really looking forward to seeing them at some point in the future now that I actually know some of the songs.

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

I've seen Necrot more than I've seen any band and at least half of those I didn't even notice they were on the bill. Super great guys, they'll go out of their way to ask how your doing and how you are enjoying the show.

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

i really wish lykathea aflame was on spotify bc i dont feel like downloading itunes to get it on my phone

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXHD4mXWV9k

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

lmao

TeamJesus
Sep 21, 2006

He died for your sins...
Now he's back for your
BRAINS!

Dead Goon posted:

rzzx-hqjk

To piggyback off of this, here's a digital download for Cattle Decapitation's The Anthropocene Extinction:

metalblade.bandcamp.com/yum

b8gx-x28r

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

debatable

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Let's talk about where you're going.

Gio posted:

i really wish lykathea aflame was on spotify bc i dont feel like downloading itunes to get it on my phone

Soulseek (or buy it)

lol

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
stop using spotify

https://www.theonion.com/spotify-celebrates-100th-dollar-given-to-artists-1844943985

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

what should i use instead instead

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
bandcamp or something that lets you add your own music that you've purchased.

itunes is good if you're on ios. no clue how google's thing is on android. or you can nerd out and run a subsonic/airsonic thing.

streaming services, especially for metal, is basically saying: "i want to listen to your songs but i don't want to pay you for them."

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

speaking honestly, i probably give more money to artists by using spotify than i did in the decade and a half prior to getting spotify. and no im not suggesting artists make more now than prior to streaming. and yeah i know how little im giving to artists.

i could be more ethical and outright purchase the music, sure. honestly, again, i dont think i will. maybe that makes me an rear end in a top hat.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
What if I told you can buy an album and also stream it

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

Henchman of Santa posted:

ill probably buy elvenefris since its not on spotify.

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

sincerely not trying to be an rear end in a top hat either! i think its a super lovely situation for artists. i think a company like spotify should outright be owned by and governed by the artists, in some form or another, fwiw.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
wanting to support bands outside of streaming and buying t-shirts is what got me into vinyl

i barely listen to the vinyls themselves, i just like to have what i consider to be a neat collectible for the music i really like

e: especially now when i also can't support bands by going to shows

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

I've paid for my pirated music collection with the blood of my second dresser entirely full of band shirts I've bought off bandcamp or at shows

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Nazzadan posted:

I've paid for my pirated music collection with the blood of my second dresser entirely full of band shirts I've bought off bandcamp or at shows

I want to give money to Order Ov Riven Cathedrals but they refuse to make a t-shirt and I'm not ordering their CD from across the ocean...

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

I will continue streaming music and buying other merch because that is what I like.

Evil Bob
May 2, 2004

've lived a thousand times. I found out what it means to be GBS.
It's such a shame that spotify is lovely for the artists, but I justify it to myself with the amount of money I spend on merch, records, and shows. Spotify has also introduced me to many bands which I have gone on to spend money on. I know that this may not be the case for the average spotify user.

My subscription to spotify is my silent consent to their rape of artists, it would be nice to forever shun spotify but i am loving addicted to music and i do my best to offset it.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

deedee megadoodoo posted:

I will continue streaming music and buying other merch because that is what I like.

Nazzadan posted:

:yeah:

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
The only thing music wise I've spent money on in the last year+ is Spotify. Even for a few years before that I did a handful of shows a year and would by an odd shirt or poster once in a while. Artists getting some of my money is better than none of my money, surely.

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

Nazzadan posted:

same except I've only got two full drawers worth, I wear the non-offensive half of them to work. Apparently I pre-ordered two albums on bandcamp that came out today, so I'm still spending money on music

https://bindrunerecordings.bandcamp.com/album/into-lifeless-shrines
https://eave.bandcamp.com/album/phantoms-made-permanent

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

I came across another really good band picture:

Cull, stoner doom from Portland, Oregon. Just two degrees of separation from Bewitcher

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Smirr posted:

I came across another really good band picture:

Cull, stoner doom from Portland, Oregon. Just two degrees of separation from Bewitcher

:3:

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

streaming services, especially for metal, is basically saying: "i want to listen to your songs but i don't want to pay you for them."

Also like half the good albums aren't even on there!

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I don't use Spotify, I have Apple Music and it absolutely SUCKS for metal. There's no subgenres whatsoever. Awful

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Henchman of Santa posted:

this is what i do

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

Yeah I have a Google Play/YouTube music sub that I use to check out new releases, and then I buy the ones I like on Bandcamp.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat

A human heart posted:

Also like half the good albums aren't even on there!

That’s the biggest travesty.