Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

you do no one any good using it to describe entirely mild human contact in loving video game.

FF14 is decidedly not a loving type of video game, although we all know the Manderville family does, in fact, gently caress

EDIT: I've probably had worse new page snipes, but this is one of the more terrible ones

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

I thought FF14 was like, omega-horny? Don't all the NPCs want to jump your/each other's bones every 2 seconds?

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Kite Pride Worldwide posted:

I thought FF14 was like, omega-horny? Don't all the NPCs want to jump your/each other's bones every 2 seconds?

That’s significantly overstated, tbh. There are a few horny npcs, but almost all of the “x character wants to jump my bones” is wishful thinking on the player’s part.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem
I thought the horny in FF14 was naked level 1 catgirls standing on benches in Limsa.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Prithee mine lady I doth not give mine permission to lay thine hand uponst my backside, jest or no

Polderjoch
Jun 27, 2019

May the sacred flame guide me... Or something like that.

mycot posted:

I thought the horny in FF14 was naked level 1 catgirls standing on benches in Limsa.

I just started the game about 3 weeks ago and there's always a group of naked catgirls and buff furries dancing naked near the crystal in Limsa

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
If they were real said characters would find this conversation hilarious.

Urianger would even do a taunting card wave at you guys.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
Is there an opposite of manic pixie dream girl? Because there's something like that going on for the entire fan base to pick Y'shtola as their waifu when she shows up for 3 quests an expansion to stand around going "I'm smart" while wearing trash bags.

E. The best thing Urianger has done all game is hang up his trash bag and put on some real MMO clothes in ShB

Eighties ZomCom
Sep 10, 2008

If you want to find horny npcs in FFXIV, all you have to do is talk to Hoary Boulder and Aenor after every major plot development.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

zedprime posted:

Is there an opposite of manic pixie dream girl? Because there's something like that going on for the entire fan base to pick Y'shtola as their waifu when she shows up for 3 quests an expansion to stand around going "I'm smart" while wearing trash bags.

She's a catgirl. That's the beginning and end of it. There is no shortage of people who obsess over catgirls.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I beat all the 1.0 content and some of ARR and I could not tell you who Y'shtola much less anyone else was in that game.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

y'shtola was one of the freakazoids in your clubhouse with a big wooden block over her eyes

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
The whole last expect was a full length rpg with your scion buddies with you the while time like a proper rpg party so they all got a lot of characterization and lines and fun arcs.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Barudak posted:

I beat all the 1.0 content and some of ARR and I could not tell you who Y'shtola much less anyone else was in that game.

All of the Scions are given their personalities after ARR. In some cases they just become different people.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Yshtola was a catgirl Velma of the ARR mystery solving team. Just serious and competent.

Someone else fill in the rest of them tia.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

sassassin posted:

Yshtola was a catgirl Velma of the ARR mystery solving team. Just serious and competent.

Someone else fill in the rest of them tia.

Papalymo is Fred
Yda is Daphne
Urianger is Shaggy
Minfilia is Scooby Do
Tataru is Scrappy Do

Alternatel:, Alphinaud and Elise are Scooby and Scrappy.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Wind-up Moenbryda flavor text:
This anatomically accurate representation of Moenbryda was secretly crafted by none other than Urianger immediately following [stuff]. What he did with it before it passed to your hands is a tale best left untold.

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.

Bruceski posted:

Wind-up Moenbryda flavor text:
This anatomically accurate representation of Moenbryda was secretly crafted by none other than Urianger immediately following [stuff]. What he did with it before it passed to your hands is a tale best left untold.

That one's more the localizers than the game being horny, the JP description was nothing like that as I recall.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Evil Fluffy posted:

Papalymo is Fred
Yda is Daphne
Urianger is Shaggy
Minfilia is Scooby Do
Tataru is Scrappy Do

no no no no

Minfilia is Fred
Tataru is Daphne
Yda is Shaggy
Papalymo is Scooby
Urianger is a digital personal assistant that plays annoying quotes of the day Minfilia can't turn off
Thancred was hired to be Scrappy but knows he's a gently caress up which ironically causes him to do an even worse job

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

The Warrior of Light is Scooby people. :colbert:

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Thancred is the van. Can only do overland travel and breaks down at the strangest times.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Tomestones are scooby snacks.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

stev posted:

All of the Scions are given their personalities after ARR. In some cases they just become different people.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omD6zQOlSzc&t=214s

Edit: I just realized that dude near the beginning of the clip is supposed to be the WoL? 2.0 WoL wouldn't just stand there waiting to eat a bullet from Gaius lol

CharlieFoxtrot fucked around with this message at 17:53 on Sep 2, 2020

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omD6zQOlSzc&t=214s

Edit: I just realized that dude near the beginning of the clip is supposed to be the WoL? 2.0 WoL wouldn't just stand there waiting to eat a bullet from Gaius lol

Not Gauis, no, but random Amaljaa sure

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

zedprime posted:

E. The best thing Urianger has done all game is hang up his trash bag and put on some real MMO clothes in ShB

Its more then shallow looks as a reason. Look at this.

That? That right there? Its called chemistry

Pyrus Malus
Nov 22, 2007
APPLES

Evil Fluffy posted:

Papalymo is Fred
Yda is Daphne
Urianger is Shaggy
Minfilia is Scooby Do
Tataru is Scrappy Do

Tataru is Vincent Price

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

the scions basically have one character trait each until Heavensward

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

They did but Y'shtola's one character trait was expressing exasperation at annoying npcs so she's the one everybody liked.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
the final fantasy novelization is sooooooooo bad

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Drop Y'shtola, just bring Matoya along.

Teratrain
Aug 23, 2007
Waiting for Godot
Isn't that what we did in Shadowbringers? :v:

Varance
Oct 28, 2004

Ladies, hide your footwear!
Nap Ghost

Teratrain posted:

Isn't that what we did in Shadowbringers? :v:

No, we chose the WoL fanboy instead.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

I just leveled up Astrologian and like 2/3 of the major AST NPCs are super horny and talking about having sex with random people all the time.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Varance posted:

No, we chose the WoL fanboy instead.

By Azura by Azura by Azura! I can't believe it is you, the WoL, standing here, next to ME!

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Leal posted:

By Azura by Azura by Azura! I can't believe it is you, the WoL, standing here, next to ME!

Oh Alisae how are you?

Clarste posted:

I just leveled up Astrologian and like 2/3 of the major AST NPCs are super horny and talking about having sex with random people all the time.

The ASt guild being a bunch of horny nerd losers is perhaps the most human bit of writing in the game. They're just kind of sadly horny. Damned by fate...

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

So I was digging through some old DVDs I burned like 15 years ago, and I finally found my copy of the Final Fantasy 7 Advent Children joke subtitles. Just watched about 20 minutes of it, and I still find them funny, in a early-2000s humor sort of way. Some of the lines in here have stuck with me for going on 20 years ("Please, God, let me hear everyone as bees") so I hope other people like them as much as I do.

Anyhow, here they are, if anybody else wanted to watch them. Just put on the original version of FF7AC (not the bluray) in MPC, probably set the language to Japanese, and then go to the subtitle menu and load these.

Edit: Just a quick edit to note that I didn't create these, I found them online back when FF7AC was new.

Agents are GO! fucked around with this message at 16:55 on Sep 4, 2020

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Those hold up pretty well

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
I got the official DVD, will those work?

That slap bracelet bit made me grin.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

It should, yeah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

I'm halfway through Shadowbringers (3/5 on known macguffins arrowed in at least one face each) and it lives up to the hype, I think. Nothing subversive or revolutionary but the style of story the game has been telling this whole time executed very well. Like most things if it aint your jam ShB will not make it your jam, but if you like jam then... I forget where I'm going with this. I'm gonna go have some jam.