Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Rigged Death Trap posted:

aww I wanted Suiko to get a better showing than that.
Especially after she shotgunned a fuckin four loko she should have won what the fuuuuck

A mere 9% isn't going to give her the boost she needs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
She needs to get white girl drink drunk. poo poo needs some umbrellas, and to possibly be sipped out of a pineapple.

Bucswabe
May 2, 2009

Rigged Death Trap posted:

aww I wanted Suiko to get a better showing than that.
Especially after she shotgunned a fuckin four loko she should have won what the fuuuuck

I feel the same way, but for Tank Top Master. Especially after putting on a tighter tank top for enhanced performance. Is he doomed to never get a decisive victory against a major threat?

graham cracker
Mar 8, 2004

"There is no God! Right, Mama?"

"True."

It's called Drunk Tiger, not Slightly Buzzed Tiger.

Edit: I love this frame.

graham cracker fucked around with this message at 18:26 on Sep 4, 2020

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Ive been laughing at The Great Degenerate all day. I wonder who he pissed off in the hero association when he was new

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

graham cracker posted:

It's called Drunk Tiger, not Slightly Buzzed Tiger.

Edit: I love this frame.

Is she pinching her face or trying to tear it off

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Parrotine posted:

Is she pinching her face or trying to tear it off

I thought it was just a pinch me im dreaming thing, since she just saw Saitama whoop the robot

Eustace
Feb 26, 2009
Shes pinching her wound shut

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

We have decided to decline your offer of a butt kicking.
It's definitely a pinch me I'm dreaming thing.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

I can't wait for Saitama to have like 20 Genos' following him around for training and wisdom.

Super Rad
Feb 15, 2003
Sir Loin of Beef
Funny how his lovely hero name has become what feels like Saitama's first concrete motivation in the entire series to date outside of things like sales/food

graham cracker
Mar 8, 2004

"True."

Wanna see the whole crew actually do Saitama's training routine and then get a huge zenkai boost just because they were the only ones that believed him on it and followed through.

graham cracker
Mar 8, 2004

"True."

Super Rad posted:

Funny how his lovely hero name has become what feels like Saitama's first concrete motivation in the entire series to date outside of things like sales/food

Don't forget beating King at videogames.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

graham cracker posted:

Wanna see the whole crew actually do Saitama's training routine and then get a huge zenkai boost just because they were the only ones that believed him on it and followed through.

The one guy that used to be in Blizzards group is doing it as well.

graham cracker
Mar 8, 2004

"True."

Kild posted:

The one guy that used to be in Blizzards group is doing it as well.

Yeah, Glasses is a team player.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

the past few chapters have been the funniest the series has been in a long time

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Laffo again

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

This is why the webcomic is superior, it's much funnier

Pyrus Malus
Nov 22, 2007
APPLES

Terror Sweat posted:

This is why the webcomic is superior, it's much funnier

I think the webcomic is really funny and ONE's art style legit conveys some things in its simplicity that Murata's cannot but daaaaamn I find it pretty common for manga readers to get mega offended when you say they should read the webcomic. what's up with that?

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

We have decided to decline your offer of a butt kicking.
Some people are only in it for the pretty drawings. Story, character, and composition are all very secondary.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Pyrus Malus posted:

I think the webcomic is really funny and ONE's art style legit conveys some things in its simplicity that Murata's cannot but daaaaamn I find it pretty common for manga readers to get mega offended when you say they should read the webcomic. what's up with that?

I’ve never seen that mentality on SA, so I guess it’s just that they’ve been told that by other people already in a far more insufferable manner multiple times? Or that other communities are much worse than SA’s anime forum (which is believable, SA as a whole doesn’t deserve to be put on a pedestal but it’s a good place to talk anime).

At this point I almost think you’re expected to be reading both since ONE storyboards so much of the new Muruta poo poo and characters from the Muruta version have been leaking into the ONE version for a while, so it seems pretty silly that that’s a huge issue.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop
Getting into a pissing contest about whether manga or webcomic is "better" just makes you look like a loving idiot. They both have their merits and they both are good.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Pyrus Malus posted:

Repetition, same reason people get mad about being told to read Jojo's Bizarre Adventure.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
It's worth reading the action in the webcomic just to see how well ONE's ability with composition and flow works even without Murata's artwork. He's also among the best I've seen at working with like, super speed characters. Golden Sperm and Garou during end of monster assocation arc were good examples on this, on top of the obvious speedy ninja characters. Flash vs Sonic vs other graduates is really good.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Lolling at ONE's super speed characters being named Flash and Sonic.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

RareAcumen posted:

Lolling at ONE's super speed characters being named Flash and Sonic.

Flashy Flash and Speed O’ Sound Sonic, thank you very much.

I think my biggest disappointment with this entire comic was probably the reveal that Flashy Flash was always called that and it wasn’t just his hero name, because it used to be a pretty funny bit that Sonic gave himself a tryhard ninja title when the other super speed guy just had his forced on him.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

That also came with the revelation that literally every ninja willingly has a similar horrible name, though.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

It was pretty great, yes.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Pyrus Malus posted:

It's really, really exhausting to like something and have everyone else showing up to tell you how much better something else is. See: The recent ban for FFXIV fans to shut up in WoW forums, or every person who cannot resist talking about how mob psycho is better.

Like, I really, really prefer the webcomic to the manga by a ton but I've seen people mentioning they can't really digest ONE's art and some who only got started in the first place because of murata's art and read in no small part because of that. I imagine it gets exhausting to read the same "the webcomic is better" line after a while.

It's best to leave each thread to its own devices. Crosstalk is bound to happen eventually but if you wonder why they get offended it's probably because they're just tired of hearing the same thing about something they don't care.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Pyrus Malus posted:

probably because theyre losers

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
Also Mob Psycho is better.

Eighties ZomCom
Sep 10, 2008

And Cockroach Buster is better than Mob Psycho.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Most gags is probably old man of the underworld, followed by one punch man, then mob. It really helps the comedy that old man is usually around 1-2 pages. But the best gags in my mind are either saitamas workout reveal or one of reigens psychic attacks

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Terror Sweat posted:

Most gags is probably old man of the underworld, followed by one punch man, then mob. It really helps the comedy that old man is usually around 1-2 pages. But the best gags in my mind are either saitamas workout reveal or one of reigens psychic attacks

Mob is great at longer form gags with strong setups, The characters being great really help too.

My favorite recurring ONE gag has to be people completely (sometimes immediately) abandoning their gimmick.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
Reigen's special techniques is probably my favorite running gag in any ONE work.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Hypnosis punch is one of my all time favorite jokes in any medium

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I'm trying to figure out when i caught up with the webcomic, and its been almost four years since atomic samurai diced and apple and King thought "I don't like what happened to that apple!"

"He's full of openings. ...no, wait, he has no openings!"

oh god its been at least five years since i started waiting for the fireworks factory

e: six years and one month. I've been waiting for the fireworks factory for 73 months

MorningMoon fucked around with this message at 16:48 on Sep 13, 2020

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
Keep in mind ONE did write much of Mob Psycho 100 during that time.

edit: dang, it's been three years since MP100 finished.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Dang, this redraw really screws a lot of good moments up. Now we don’t get to see tatsumaki against the monster society by herself, or see king stand up to all of them and freak them out while stalling for time. And we don’t get to see zombieman crawl out of the ground and grab hobo emperor. Why is it so hard to just copy what already worked, the redraw feels very humorless. I bet in 4 years when it catches up saitama high-fiving the wrongly named crew won’t even be funny

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

All of those things can still happen though.

And though the relative proportions of humor to action are different, it's certainly still there.