Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Pants don't fit must have been all the spunk weight I put on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

christmas boots posted:

Pee comes from the balls, cum comes from the heart.
Oh, he's a covid survivor

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Push El Burrito posted:

Pants don't fit must have been all the spunk weight I put on.

Too many pies

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

christmas boots posted:

Pee comes from the balls, cum comes from the heart.

How the Grinch Stole Christmas just got a lot dirtier

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

darkwasthenight posted:

I believe the "full inch" of waist growth is actually because he has pumped her full of spunk rather than anything to do with her eggs. Happy to help.
you shouldn't be

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop

Captain Monkey posted:

Gives a whole new meaning to the phrase 'heart of a lion'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aa2umu1vILI

letthereberock
Sep 4, 2004

If your baby can’t sleep through car alarms, screaming neighbor arguments, drunks stumbling home from the bar, and occasional gunfire then you aren’t cut out for city life.

Incelshok Na
Jul 2, 2020

by Hand Knit

InediblePenguin posted:

How the gently caress do you read the Bible and come away with that loving filth, I want to ask, but i know the answer is literally "none of them read the Bible, they get told by a preacher what to believe and HE'S basing that on what makes him money"

Why would you care what's in the Bible? Doesn't it make more sense to look at what most Christians actually believe? The combination of Christianity and capitalism is baked into virtually all Protestant sects and it absolutely part of the orthodoxy. It's less prevalent in the orthopraxic ethnic sects but the largest of those (Catholicism) adopts a lot of Protestant orthodoxy when their adherents become white so I wouldn't expect much for the future.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Lol if you think most modern Christians give a single poo poo about what Jesus actually said, taught, or believed

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

Euphoriaphone posted:

caught in a Elizabeth Warren situation today.

uh? she is actually part native american she has the blood tests to prove it. i know its like 1/16th bull poo poo but this is america we invented the one drop rule. i know trump went to great lengths to discredit her but you should probably not spread misinformation around.

OwlFancier posted:

I'm not sure you should keep using the one drop rule, though.

youre right.

christmas boots posted:

Also even if you have native ancestry you shouldn't claim to be Cherokee unless you're actually a member of the tribe.

i think if you have ancestry its fine to claim it. like im a similar level of iroqouis and claim that i am a small part native american but i didnt put that on my college admission stuff or try to get something ment specifically for native americans. Unless im mistaken what im doing is exactly what she is doing. just hey im part x/y tribe of native american. she didnt put it on her college poo poo and she isnt trying to get some special privilege by claiming it. although you could argue by being a politician and claiming it she is seeking to get the miniority vote.

snergle has a new favorite as of 20:58 on Sep 4, 2020

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I'm not sure you should keep using the one drop rule, though.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
Also even if you have native ancestry you shouldn't claim to be Cherokee unless you're actually a member of the tribe.

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

snergle posted:

i know its like 1/16th bull poo poo but this is america we invented the one drop rule.
C'est ci nes pas it, enculeur des potages

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
The Elizabeth Warren thing was dumb and offensive, but it's no where near the same as what Rachel Dolezal and Jessica Krug did. Warren never claimed not to be white, or deny her white privilege, or use her claimed identity as Native American to silence actual Native Americans who disagreed with her.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009
https://twitter.com/lunarterrible/status/1301882581898719232?s=21

Incelshok Na
Jul 2, 2020

by Hand Knit

Skwirl posted:

The Elizabeth Warren thing was dumb and offensive, but it's no where near the same as what Rachel Dolezal and Jessica Krug did. Warren never claimed not to be white, or deny her white privilege, or use her claimed identity as Native American to silence actual Native Americans who disagreed with her.

In many ways Warren is worse. Dolezal actively took part in the African American community and sought to advance members of that community. Warren claimed native ancestry when it suited her but actively rejected advancing native concerns while she has been in government.

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

While not totally invalidating, Betterige's Law of Headlines is clearly in need of reexamination in light of r/aita's almost diametrical opposition to its central thesis

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

How hard of a concept is "don't sexualize you girlfriend's sister in front of your girlfriend"?

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️

Skwirl posted:

How hard of a concept is "don't sexualize you girlfriend's sister in front of your girlfriend"?

Or even better: "don't sexualize people"

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

Skwirl posted:

Or the sister

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Skwirl posted:

Before we can even get to that concept it's clear that the "stifle the desire to be openly leering and horny when sex--even sex that might conceivably involve someone like yourself--is brought up in a casual manner in no way intended to give you a sad greasy little boner" portion of the conversation needs a bit more time to soak in

Incelshok Na
Jul 2, 2020

by Hand Knit

dialhforhero posted:

Or even better: "don't sexualize people"

Nah, sexualizing people is great. It just needs to be done in the right venue and in certain ritualized ways. In college a friend of mine briefly dated a dude who was terrified of sexualizing/objectifying her up to and including during the act of sex. She tried to work with him on it for a bit because she thought he was a good guy but the relationship collapsed for obvious reasons.

StillFullyTerrible
Feb 16, 2020

you should have left Let's Play open for public view, Lowtax
Your gimmick loving sucks Shbobdb.

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

Incelshok Na posted:

In many ways Warren is worse. Dolezal actively took part in the African American community and sought to advance members of that community. Warren claimed native ancestry when it suited her but actively rejected advancing native concerns while she has been in government.

She really is the worst!

A real puzzler.

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Incelshok Na posted:

Nah, sexualizing people is great. It just needs to be done in the right venue and in certain ritualized ways.
Um, no.

quote:

In college a friend of mine briefly dated a dude who was terrified of sexualizing/objectifying her up to and including during the act of sex. She tried to work with him on it for a bit because she thought he was a good guy but the relationship collapsed for obvious reasons.
That's eggy AF.

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
https://twitter.com/voidhowler/status/1301899111419969536?s=19

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
https://twitter.com/CursedBoomers/status/1301928103296602112?s=20

Oh Adam Carolla, how far you’ve fallen.

Technocrat
Jan 30, 2011

I always finish what I sta

This one is going to start a goon derail, isn't it?

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
Garlic is a type of onion so by definition...

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Broccoli is just a type of kale

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

Technocrat posted:

This one is going to start a goon derail, isn't it?

Debating whether or not to post it in gws. For Friday fun.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Facts don't care about our feelings.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

gangelgon.

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!

snergle posted:

uh? she is actually part native american she has the blood tests to prove it. i know its like 1/16th bull poo poo but this is america we invented the one drop rule. i know trump went to great lengths to discredit her but you should probably not spread misinformation around.

Those dna tests are basically ancestor astrology. They aren't accurate and are effectively a huge scam.

If you've had one that tells you your're native American, it's very possible you aren't.

quote:

In one instance, the consumer genetics company 23andMe told one twin she was 13 percent “Broadly European.” The other twin’s test, meanwhile, showed she had just 3 percent “Broadly European” ancestry, and had more DNA matched to other, more specific regions in Europe. What’s more, when the twins had their DNA tested by five companies, each one gave them different results.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

I believe in all the ways that they say you can lose your body
Fallen Rib

Jesus Christ? More like Jesus Galt, amiright?

Hollandia
Jul 27, 2007

rattus rattus

Grimey Drawer

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

There are so many things that are just a type of kale.

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

Mega Comrade posted:

Those dna tests are basically ancestor astrology. They aren't accurate and are effectively a huge scam.

If you've had one that tells you your're native American, it's very possible you aren't.

i thought she had a real test? not a 23 and me test. if she had a 23 and me test i take everything back. i wouldnt trust them with anything except to help the cops warrant free. i can actually trace my iroqouis heritage through my dads side of the family.

now im thinking are there even real tests? and i cant find one so i guess im the idiot and schaed is on me.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

Mega Comrade posted:

They just test for certain genetic markers except they all have their own blend and while you get dna 50/50 from your parents the odds of certain markers being passed down is more randomized. Genetic screening for specific things like genes relating to medical issues is legit, screening broadly for ancestry is waaay too vague.

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️
I mean, genealogy is a thing...if you’re American born and your extended family and grandparents (and known great relatives) are too, then you probably can trace reliably back to about the 1850s/60s (thanks Civil War!) before poo poo gets iffy or maybe lost completely.

If you are European you probably already know what loving Abbey your first ancestor was born in back in like 1207. But then you probably don’t care about genealogy anyway.

I have no idea of the importance of genealogy in eastern cultures.

Seeing as how last names retained their fidelity to ancestors and immigration occurred usually in waves with specific ethnic groups, it isn’t terribly hard to figure out how X you are.

At least that first bit in the beginning was true for me anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

RatHat posted:

Oh Adam Carolla, how far you’ve fallen.

it's sad, he was so good on loveline

this is what happens when you don't have producers in the booth to tell you to shut the gently caress up