Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Jimmy Butler Is My Father

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

R.D. Mangles posted:

i am very sorry and regret to do this, but my gimmick for the next year is going to be earnestly pretending that giannis is going to the bulls, i apologize for knicksposting

The Knicks seemingly parlay irrationally confident internet fans into actual free agent meetings, so I say post for the franchise you want to root for

I'm hearing rumors that Anthony Davis plans on opting into the last year of his contract so he can join Giannis in Chicago in 2021

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Probably Magic posted:

Fiction, the Warriors were probably more talented than this Bucks team.

Hard to win a title when your second best player is Khris Middleton

If Bucks gets swept/lose series, does Bud get fired?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

100%

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Away all Goats posted:

Jimmy Butler Is My Father

Did he name you Buckets

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Probably not. There are a ton of built-in excuses for this series in spite of his bad coaching. The strangeness of the bubble, the Kenosha shootings and its effect on the team's psyche, the strike, etc.

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

I think one problem with the bucks is that eric bledsoe sucks bad

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Algund Eenboom posted:

I think one problem with the bucks is that eric bledsoe sucks bad

I got two combo guards on my roster to play with Giannis...gotta give an early extension to the one who can't shoot and let the one who can shoot walk in free agency

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/Bulls_Jay/status/1302070694084308992

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

no but if they don't win it all next year probably yes

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

lmao

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

https://twitter.com/netw3rk/status/1302077667634638849?s=19

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
Fire Bud for not adjusting again when it mattered most. Not a championship coach. Find someone with more than strategic intelligence, find a tactical man who can arrange the traps and tripwires. Suks for the nice people of Wisconsin (not the bad ones from politics)

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

MourningView posted:

Personally I think it is because he works very hard but sadly he will not confirm this so we will never know

man it's sad. I wish he would simply answer the question

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009
https://twitter.com/bengolliver/status/1302078527345512450?s=21

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

He knows Giannis is leaving so he's trying to get fired

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

All of this is just going to lead to the Mavs very publicly ALMOST signing Giannis in 2 off seasons. Then he will go to the Heat and break my heart.

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Motel Midnight off the hook
Oh wait what’s the timing of the MVP award? Will they end up giving it to Giannis just as he’s swept?

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Spacebump posted:

All of this is just going to lead to the Mavs very publicly ALMOST signing Giannis in 2 off seasons. Then he will go to the Heat and break my heart.

Danny Ainge put together a killer package but just ran out of time

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Red Rox posted:

Oh wait what’s the timing of the MVP award? Will they end up giving it to Giannis just as he’s swept?

when did they give it to dirk when they lost to the we believe warriors

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010

R.D. Mangles posted:

shortly after the end of the series i think, it was really awkward

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

R.D. Mangles posted:

Picturing Jimmy standing off to the side drinking a cup of coffee and smiling while they are handing it over

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Dejan Bimble posted:

Fire Bud for not adjusting again when it mattered most. Not a championship coach. Find someone with more than strategic intelligence, find a tactical man who can arrange the traps and tripwires. Suks for the nice people of Wisconsin (not the bad ones from politics)

bud and vogel are two of the greatest example of mediocre white men failing upwards

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
Jimmy sold the bucks coffee tainted with downers

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

the lakers are such gentlemen to spot a win in every series

Lasagna Pilot
Feb 6, 2009

No, you're dark-side intergalactic encyclopedia salesmen. Unfortunately, the home office hasn't been quite upfront with you.
https://twitter.com/kendrickperkins/status/1302088955949711363?s=21

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
King of the Prarie > ur king

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I think Milwaukee definitely cans Bud once this series is over. Completely asinine to not run your best player out there for 40+ a night

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

why didn't any of you churls alert me that rondo... is BACK

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

R.D. Mangles posted:

why didn't any of you churls alert me that rondo... is BACK

Rondo came in the game and drilled a three and I was like "here we go..." and then the Rockets went up by 15 by pure coincidence

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Carlosologist posted:

I think Milwaukee definitely cans Bud once this series is over. Completely asinine to not run your best player out there for 40+ a night

Or as Declan pointed out, to miss the adjustment that everyone is shooting great 3p% in the bubble, so stop leaving guys uncontested in a quiet gym.

cosmin
Aug 29, 2008
This is a Goran Dragic appreciation post. This Heat team just *clicked* together, even Meyers Leonard seems...useful

I’ve just found the extended highlights for Q4:
https://youtu.be/5OrXjjfnhCA

Channeling my inner SMG: Jimmy Buckets is the log and that missed open layup by Giannis in the 4th after his signature pirouette was a beautiful catastrophe

havelock
Jan 20, 2004

IGNORE ME
Soiled Meat
If the lakers had Dort instead of Rondo they would have had a chance

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Intruder posted:

Rondo came in the game and drilled a three and I was like "here we go..." and then the Rockets went up by 15 by pure coincidence

i'm ok with rondo's last good playoff games being with the Three Alphas stealing two games off of boston

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Dejan Bimble posted:

Or as Declan pointed out, to miss the adjustment that everyone is shooting great 3p% in the bubble, so stop leaving guys uncontested in a quiet gym.

This is also a good point. Miami was an awful matchup for Milwaukee, especially considering the bubble scenario

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

In a way he is accidentally making a point because one of the reasons the Lakers don't go small is that they don't necessarily have a lot of small guys to go to.

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
I don't particularly like the Clippers and, despite the way the playoffs have been going, am still low on the Clippers, but if they Heat are actually doing this, I absolutely want a Heat/Clippers finals. I think that's the most exciting pairing left on the board.

And I'm pretty sure Jimmy would still torch those two defenders.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

I feel bad for being so hard on Khris Middleton. I simply didn't know he was going so hard.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Bud really treating Giannis and Middleton like they are the old spurs in 2014 wild

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Know what would be cool? The #1 seed getting swept in the semis in both leagues

I think we should all root for this