Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Do it ironically posted:

I don’t feel bad for the wwe wrestlers at all, at this point EVERYONE knows Vince is a huge piece of poo poo who will actively gently caress you over any chance given. You sign with the wwe you’re an idiot and probably an rear end in a top hat yourself

Stop giving wwe money

The majority of the people in WWE signed before there was a viable alternative for guaranteed money as a professional wrestler.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Meltzer's saying that the trigger for this third party ban was Lana doing a Bang Energy Drink advert. Also:

Dave Meltzer posted:

I can tell you the talent doesn’t really know exactly, but I think that they know they got to get off Twitch and Cameo. I don’t think YouTube, I know people who don’t think YouTube, but it has not been completely explained what this means to them. My first thought just from what I heard that WWE probably wants to make a deal and individual deals undercut the team deal and so they want to make exclusive deals and if guys and women have their own deals then it’s not exclusive. That’s what I assume it is, I’m still waiting to hear back from WWE.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

smikey posted:

Chris Evans has a union (granted, that union just hosed its members on their health care)

Yeah, I know, and that's why everyone would think it was extremely hosed if Disney did that.

smikey
May 22, 2004
It's not a hootenanny, it's an extravsganza!

Endless Mike posted:

Yeah, I know, and that's why everyone would think it was extremely hosed if Disney did that.

To be fair, Disney would if they could

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

Yeah, uh, Disney is not a company that exactly has the best history of labor relations

There's a reason why nearly no director or star makes any sort of actual long-term business relationship with them, they're literally the ur-example of the "brand over stars" corporate strategy at work.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I still think it's horrible/funny/sad how Bayley was put into a corner and admitted WWE didn't pay for poo poo on the road and they had to do all the driving lol. For as much as people will say the women's division is much better than AEW's--a division that is extremely young and inexperienced and has suffered a lot of losses--I thought it was hosed that nobody was allowed to get over except the 4 loving Horsewomen. I recall people in NXT being extremely pissed off that Charlotte came to ransack them, and those same people backstage were also upset when Asuka was cut off at the knees.

Saying WWE has a better roster means jack poo poo because even though it's true, it won't matter because only 5 people can get over. Yeah great they have Aleister Black who is legit one of my favorite talents ever but when he doesn't get poo poo to do, does it matter?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

A number of voice actors have been forbidden to do Cameos in their character voices, even if they don't identify themselves as that character.

It's a bit of a weird grey area because while obviously the association is there, any veteran VA has used that same voice for countless other characters too. The Red M&M is just Fry speaking at a slower pace, wake up sheeple!

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
2.065mil

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Rarity posted:

2.065mil

That's a lot of cameo revenue

Ivypls
Aug 24, 2019

Aphrodite posted:

A number of voice actors have been forbidden to do Cameos in their character voices, even if they don't identify themselves as that character.

It's a bit of a weird grey area because while obviously the association is there, any veteran VA has used that same voice for countless other characters too. The Red M&M is just Fry speaking at a slower pace, wake up sheeple!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nScJwkDWvJA

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/LocalSoundwave/status/1302275560178094089

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Paige absolutely tells Vince to go swivel, right? Half a mil a year (plus whatever tips she gets which I assume is a lot) to play video games seems a whole lot better than her lovely legends deal.

Idk if twitch users are more toxic to deal with than WWE management. Probably a wash. At least you can just ban shitheads on Twitch.

Max Coveri
Dec 23, 2015

by Athanatos

jesus WEP posted:

Paige absolutely tells Vince to go swivel, right? Half a mil a year (plus whatever tips she gets which I assume is a lot) to play video games seems a whole lot better than her lovely legends deal.

Idk if twitch users are more toxic to deal with than WWE management. Probably a wash. At least you can just ban shitheads on Twitch.

Twitch chat can really grate on you but while your channel mods can control chat users to an extent (or turn it off altogether), WWE management are the ones controlling you.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Someone doing Paige's numbers isn't reading chat anyway.

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

Alexa Bliss has changed her Cameo to her real name.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Paige had also changed her Twitch to Saraya.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Yeah, once you make it big like these guys you're not really reading chat beyond some like dog commands asking them to post pogchamp to go right or the sad baby face to go left. Of course you're gonna get some harassment, too, but I have to assume any major pro wrestler on tv will get that, too.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
Paige’s chat is subscriber only last time I looked in there, meaning you don’t pay, you don’t talk. Which is smart and probably the only way someone like her could operate. That weeds out most of the typical Twitch trolls and yeah, she can ban anyone who is a jerk and then they’d have to pay again to harass her more. It’s mostly like, Paige super fans in there.

She actually reads and responds to chat quite a lot which is part of why she’s making a good income stream out of it, people are willing to pay for that personal touch even if it’s just “hey gokusephiroth69, good to see you, what’s up.”

StarkRavingMad fucked around with this message at 19:18 on Sep 5, 2020

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

I’m sure nothing important or noteworthy will come out of this.

Looking forward to more record profits, more pedophiles still performing and ratings continuing to be good enough for the WWE.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Some quick hits from PWI:

- Pro Wrestling Tees is included in the third party ban

- Some talent are afraid if they keep working Cameo/Twitch that WWE will demand a percentage of the income

- Mia Yim and Ember Moon have also removed all references to WWE from their Twitch channels

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Rarity posted:

Some quick hits from PWI:

- Pro Wrestling Tees is included in the third party ban

Oh my god, Vince is gonna cause a revolt

if there's one thing you don't gently caress with, it's a wrestler's side-hustle merch

https://twitter.com/trentylocks/status/1301958008860278784?s=20

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
The best thing to do with a death spiral is to do something that literally no one wants that if not having done it you would not have been worse off just to pinch a few pennies.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

StarkRavingMad posted:

Paige’s chat is subscriber only last time I looked in there, meaning you don’t pay, you don’t talk. Which is smart and probably the only way someone like her could operate. That weeds out most of the typical Twitch trolls and yeah, she can ban anyone who is a jerk and then they’d have to pay again to harass her more. It’s mostly like, Paige super fans in there.

She actually reads and responds to chat quite a lot which is part of why she’s making a good income stream out of it, people are willing to pay for that personal touch even if it’s just “hey gokusephiroth69, good to see you, what’s up.”

twitch actually did something right and changed how bans work. if you’re banned now you can’t even see chat, and all your alts are shadowbanned. there’s ways around it of course, like a permaban on here, but it’s done wonders for keeping chats just a teeny bit less hosed up

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

quote:

“Much like Disney and Warner Bros., WWE creates, promotes and invests in its intellectual property, i.e. the stage names of performers like The Fiend Bray Wyatt, Roman Reigns, Big E and Braun Strowman. It is the control and exploitation of these characters that allows WWE to drive revenue, which in turn enables the company to compensate performers at the highest levels in the sports entertainment industry. Notwithstanding the contractual language, it is imperative for the success of our company to protect our greatest assets and establish partnerships with third parties on a companywide basis, rather than at the individual level, which as a result will provide more value for all involved.”

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Slavery.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Max Coveri posted:

Twitch chat can really grate on you but while your channel mods can control chat users to an extent (or turn it off altogether), WWE management are the ones controlling you.

So I’m hearing that the WWE Superstars exploit their channel mods for free labor and are no different from Vince McMahon

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
The control and exploitation of these characters

Found the thread title

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Some serious soulless corporate poo poo right there.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

WWE are geniuses though because I think what I’m supposed to do now is forget their last fuckup, which was just a couple weeks ago, and now cheer for Velveteen Dream because my energy focuses on this now.

“I have totally forgotten about the sick gently caress pedophiles and abusers as this is the new headline.”

Then, in 2 weeks, I’m sure something new will come up, and the belts will get strapped to Riddle, Devlin, Dream and Theory as the focus continues on WWE owning their contractors, and the world turns.

I mean, 2020 has been incredibly loving horrible for this company. Could we actually make a Top 100 of WWE loving up this year? From lack of Covid testing, to this, to endorsing their pedophiles and doubling down, to firing people during a pandemic making record profits, I know I’m missing at least 90 other things they’ve done.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

It'd be just as horrible but they probably would have less of a talent revolt if they tried to this with stuff where the wrestler is in character and not touched the Twitch and game streams. But by going for those too they just really screwed themselves and probably won't 100% feel it until contracts start to expire

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
I especially like that WWE implies that all of these characters are something that they came up with with absolutely no input from the talent themselves. That's sure to boost that flagging locker room morale.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

The funniest thing about this is that by forcing wrestlers to promote themselves outside WWE under their real names instead of their WWE ones, they're becoming more valuable as entertainers for non-WWE reasons, reducing WWE's outreach and leverage.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

ICR posted:

WWE are geniuses though because I think what I’m supposed to do now is forget their last fuckup, which was just a couple weeks ago, and now cheer for Velveteen Dream because my energy focuses on this now.

“I have totally forgotten about the sick gently caress pedophiles and abusers as this is the new headline.”

Then, in 2 weeks, I’m sure something new will come up, and the belts will get strapped to Riddle, Devlin, Dream and Theory as the focus continues on WWE owning their contractors, and the world turns.

I mean, 2020 has been incredibly loving horrible for this company. Could we actually make a Top 100 of WWE loving up this year? From lack of Covid testing, to this, to endorsing their pedophiles and doubling down, to firing people during a pandemic making record profits, I know I’m missing at least 90 other things they’ve done.

Ah, the Trump Strategy

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I am glad WWE is following my advice to lie and say this will build more value for everyone, the results will be funnier this way.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Even during the start of the Covid I didn't think we could get a full 64 bracket of scummy things that WWE would do this year and whelp being proven wrong weekly now

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

A company with WWE's track record is definitely making moves based on what's best for the little guy

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

ICR posted:

I think there might be enough material this year for an NY16 just for this year (maybe even 32, there's still a lot of year left) depending if MRT wants to do it

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

rare Magic card l00k posted:

The funniest thing about this is that by forcing wrestlers to promote themselves outside WWE under their real names instead of their WWE ones, they're becoming more valuable as entertainers for non-WWE reasons, reducing WWE's outreach and leverage.

Yeah I was gonna say if I'm Paige and I'm making $500,000 a year just from Twitch and now I get a range of time where I'm both getting WWE money and also now using my non-WWE name to build myself up? I'd be gone as soon as the contract is up.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Ziggy Tzardust posted:

I think there might be enough material this year for an NY16 just for this year (maybe even 32, there's still a lot of year left) depending if MRT wants to do it

We had 19 just for last year though a couple of them were really boring. This year there were nearly 16 things just COVID related by June!

We shall see.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
So they're going full mask-off at this point