Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

tony hawk remake is decent, faithful even to the point of the bad levels still being bad. the good ones are worth it though

the music is censored though which is like :what:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

toiletbrush
May 17, 2010

RustyKnight posted:

I have ikea's Marcus chair, it's good and cheap

I got two of these 4 years ago and they're still most excellent

qirex posted:

tony hawk remake is decent, faithful even to the point of the bad levels still being bad. the good ones are worth it though
me and my flatmates played the crap out of TH1&2 while I was at uni, so I want to get this but some people + reviews have mentioned input lag being an issue. Do you just get used to it?

Skate 4 is in development but it's a new EA title so everything is going to be trapped behind unlocks. Skate 4: I hope you like grinding

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

toiletbrush posted:

Skate 4: I hope you like grinding
lmao

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

qirex posted:

the music is censored though which is like :what:
Censoring the Dead Kennedys for the word "rear end" has flipped the concept of punk music in my brains so hard it hurts.

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

the epic games store is the worst web developer garbage app i've ever used and that's saying something

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

carry on then posted:

the epic games store is the worst web developer garbage app i've ever used and that's saying something

which yosposter made it?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Far Harbor is so refreshing after dicking around in the Commonblecch for 40 000 hours. I hope I get to nuke the whole island lmao.

e: It's also where I stopped my original game so there's new stuff I haven't seen yet, which is nice. I think I only did the whodunit mission last time before quitting for several years for some reason.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

yeah far harbor is gr8, probably the best fallout thing bethesda have done. although point lookout and the pitt were also good. long time since i played those though

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

my favorite fallout 4 moment is the guy in town explaining the game of baseball. two teams would come together on a field and beat each other to death with baseball bats

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica
lmao EA updated UFC 4 (a $60 game) to include midgame ads

EA bad

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

chestnut santabag posted:

lol epic game store still does not have a shopping cart

this still baffles me more than anything else

the rest of the ui is fine now and its good at delivering free games on a regular basis

chestnut santabag
Jul 3, 2006

They have a Trello at https://trello.com/b/GXLc34hk/epic-games-store-roadmap and at some point they changed all the card target dates from approximate periods to non-specific terms as they kept blasting past the guessed periods for all of their features lmao
wishlists went from 4-6 months to "future development" and eventually took them over a year to actually implement.
achievements was moved to "up next" 5 months ago

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

eat my rear end you big gently caress

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

NoneMoreNegative posted:

eat my rear end you big gently caress

please do not steal my one and only pickup line

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

lol epic game store still does not have a shopping cart

lmao

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Achmed Jones posted:

what makes epic worse than any other digital game store? the whole spat with Apple is dumb but people have hated epic for a long time and I don't really get why

note that i haven't played computer games on the regular since well before the epic store existed so I'm pretty out of the loop

rather than trying to compete with other services by offering better prices/services/features epic decide to launch a store lacking even basic online store functionality and to buy exclusivity for titles that are already out

i totally understand game devs/publishers taking the deal but epic's just doing the same thing as uber and trying to starve out the competition instead of actually competing.

also gently caress valve, gently caress gabe newell and gently caress steam

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
the accents in far harbor are terrible. nobody knows how to do a proper maine accent.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

toiletbrush posted:

me and my flatmates played the crap out of TH1&2 while I was at uni, so I want to get this but some people + reviews have mentioned input lag being an issue. Do you just get used to it?

Skate 4 is in development but it's a new EA title so everything is going to be trapped behind unlocks. Skate 4: I hope you like grinding
I haven't noticed lag but there's occasional input jank and the timing for revert > manual has changed and I still haven't quite nailed it yet. the rest seems ok and I can still score in the hundreds of thousands fairly easily. I really hope they do 3 and 4 the same way

there's an achievement for 10 million in 2 minutes and I'm not sure if I'm going to get that

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

they finally found pack.png

they had a cluster of computers brute forcing hashes for eight months

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZGPg6Ckp3Q

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

https://docs.google.com/document/u/0/d/1PpZqHWXPLjOsXf_T7uyH4rWuxUMxzBlxvv5gm19P_Z8/mobilebasic

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Shaggar posted:

the accents in far harbor are terrible. nobody knows how to do a proper maine accent.

No one gives a gently caress, Yankee.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

idk what is a maine accent other than stephen king writing “ayuh” every two pages in every single book he set there

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

They have a Trello at https://trello.com/b/GXLc34hk/epic-games-store-roadmap and at some point they changed all the card target dates from approximate periods to non-specific terms as they kept blasting past the guessed periods for all of their features lmao
wishlists went from 4-6 months to "future development" and eventually took them over a year to actually implement.
achievements was moved to "up next" 5 months ago

lol. i saw they were 'proudly adding achievements! for a single game, mechwarrior 5' and it was like ooookay?

though i don't miss them. i didn't realize how much they stress me out when I peek at them and then try to play the game to get the most which ruins the fun for me

Improbable Lobster posted:

also gently caress valve, gently caress gabe newell and gently caress steam

ditto. steam sat on their money-making machine for years with its poo poo ui rendering, clunky performance, and parts of the ui that still dont load consistently. the recent improvements are appreciated but clearly nobody rolls their desks into the 'load profile and inventory view at least 90% of the time' group

Agile Vector fucked around with this message at 21:10 on Sep 5, 2020

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

jesus WEP posted:

idk what is a maine accent other than stephen king writing “ayuh” every two pages in every single book he set there

you generally wouldnt ever hear it unless you're from maine. these are some decent examples of actual mainers:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpuR-WeQjc8&t=270s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZDpx1aLovc&t=13s

lol someone else made a video about it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=agUbQgSXwVc

ShadowHawk
Jun 25, 2000

CERTIFIED PRE OWNED TESLA OWNER

Agile Vector posted:

though i don't miss them. i didn't realize how much they stress me out when I peak at them and then try to play the game to get the most which ruins the fun for me
Yeah now I'm beginning to wish for a way to disable achievements for every game ever

Like before I read the achievements I was happily coasting through Half Life Alyx and now I have this compulsion to dig through all the drawers and smash every glass bottle I find

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost
you can disable achievements by not caring about them op

i think the only game i ever platted was bloodborne and even then it was because "pick up every weapon that's lying around the game world" was the farthest I had to go out of my way to do it

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Shaggar posted:

you generally wouldnt ever hear it unless you're from maine. these are some decent examples of actual mainers:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpuR-WeQjc8&t=270s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZDpx1aLovc&t=13s

lol someone else made a video about it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=agUbQgSXwVc
i should probably read and post some things from this sometime:

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
ah, angrier than a boiled owl. a good one.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

President Beep posted:

ah, angrier than a boiled owl. a good one.

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost
Sounds like somebody trying to recreate the speech of some vague area of northern England from a drunken account told by a traveler from a faraway land

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016

Uptime Sinclair posted:

i should probably read and post some things from this sometime:

*in a beer commercial voice* wazzaaaaaat

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

it's an upstate maine expression.

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

ShadowHawk posted:

Yeah now I'm beginning to wish for a way to disable achievements for every game ever

Like before I read the achievements I was happily coasting through Half Life Alyx and now I have this compulsion to dig through all the drawers and smash every glass bottle I find

same here, I'm playing lifeless planet and saw it had an achievement for no deaths in a play through and I was relieved when I slipped and died the first time. it then glitched and I fell through the mountain after, which would have made me peeved if I was trying still

Sapozhnik posted:

you can disable achievements by not caring about them op

i think the only game i ever platted was bloodborne and even then it was because "pick up every weapon that's lying around the game world" was the farthest I had to go out of my way to do it

i normally try to. some games are pushy about them. the last game i actively cared to do them for was no mans sky and that was because they were mostly built into gameplay. no obtuse collection challenges and grueling repetition

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

I mostly dgaf about Steam achievement but when I finish up a game and see I've got a gold-bordered cheevo for less than 10% of player obtains I get a small :smug: on

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost

NoneMoreNegative posted:

I mostly dgaf about Steam achievement but when I finish up a game and see I've got a gold-bordered cheevo for less than 10% of player obtains I get a small :smug: on

finishing the game is usually a rare cheevo yeah

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Apart from ones where it's inevitable or dead easy I think the only games I've ever 100%d on purpose were Fallout 3 and Fallout New Vegas. Could be something else that I just don't remember but vOv

Oh hey maybe Borderlands? Not gonna check.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

i 100%ed maneater recently because doing so was stupidly fun. go play maneater

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Endless Mike posted:

go play maneater
ok

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LrenmIUhEbE

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

whoa I haven't thought about the bird and the bee for a long time. nice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Achmed Jones posted:

whoa I haven't thought about the bird and the bee for a long time. nice.
did you recognize the guest backup vocalist? shirley manson from garbage

their last two albums have been a collections of hall & oates and van halen covers, done in their indie loungetronica style. somehow it works