Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
New game system interestes me.

Probably gonna play with Archer and face Arcueid this time around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Rody One Half posted:

e: I wonder if they'll add the Gil route. Or really, the original extra apparently had a lot of poo poo that got cut because it was on the PSP and they just couldn't do it.

i hope we get to see his dick this time

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Stairmaster posted:

i hope we get to see his dick this time

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

https://twitter.com/saberchankawaii/status/1286709345225289733?s=20

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
thats a very takeuchi-looking nero

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

So I watched the Tsukihime anime. It wasn't quite as bad as I was expecting, but was still pretty weak for the most part.

Was this thing always planned to be one cour? Watching it, I kind of wondered if there wasn't a plan at some point to do a second season based on the Hisui and Kohaku routes, since their characters are kind of just left with not much to do here, and it would sort of explain the decision to mash the Arcueid/Ciel/Akiha routes together the way they were. The execution of that mishmash still wasn't particularly good mind you, but I wonder if it wouldn't explain some of why this show is the way it is.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1u4Hyt75fM

The Thirstiest Rin.

Also, you should be watching this series if you aren't. It's TFS level good.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

My only problem with UBWA is it will occasionally stick to a bit for too long, but when it works it works.

Also the guy they've got doing Kirei is solid gold.

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost

Raxivace posted:

So I watched the Tsukihime anime. It wasn't quite as bad as I was expecting, but was still pretty weak for the most part.

Was this thing always planned to be one cour? Watching it, I kind of wondered if there wasn't a plan at some point to do a second season based on the Hisui and Kohaku routes, since their characters are kind of just left with not much to do here, and it would sort of explain the decision to mash the Arcueid/Ciel/Akiha routes together the way they were. The execution of that mishmash still wasn't particularly good mind you, but I wonder if it wouldn't explain some of why this show is the way it is.

Personally I think the biggest issue with tsukihime is that everything but the Arcuied/Ciel routes don't make a very good anime. It makes some really interesting reading but how exactly do you animate a bedridden teen going crazy due to sleep deprivation and thoughts not their own over days on end without it becoming boring as hell?

taser rates
Mar 30, 2010
The greatest legacy of the Tsukihime anime is the music, perfect match imo.

I think you could still make an interesting series out of the dark side routes, it would take a lot of visual finesse though like Monogatari for example.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

any hisui route adaptation that removes even a single word from shikis nightmare sequences isn't worth it

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

Just let yourself become a worthless person!
I think you could make a good live-action film from Hisui’s route.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I won't be satisfied until I see Shiki fight a chair in 1080p.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
For me it's the midnight meeting of serial killers.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

As much as Kohaku's route loving rules I don't know how you adapt it because it's SO predicated on being a followup to Hisui's.

ZoninSilver
May 30, 2011

AlternateNu posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1u4Hyt75fM

The Thirstiest Rin.

Also, you should be watching this series if you aren't. It's TFS level good.

I see this is still blocked in my country. Seems to be happening more and more, should probably look into actually getting a VPN or something at this point.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N06Iusd22SI

So loving hype!

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Genius. Billionaire. Playboy. Philanthropist.

Do we have an English release date for it yet or is it still stuck in 2020's pit of worms?

Polgas
Sep 2, 2018

With one hand he saves gebs. With the other he commits goblin genocide. A true neutral.

Do we know if they're going to animate some of the endings like ubw sunny days and make sparks liner high or the other hf ending?

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

Polgas posted:

Do we know if they're going to animate some of the endings like ubw sunny days and make sparks liner high or the other hf ending?

No news, but likely if they do it’ll be as a Blu-ray bonus.

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

Just let yourself become a worthless person!
I’m not going to lie: I didn’t think it really had a chance, but I’m still (hf end) a little disappointed they didn’t go with the normal ending.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Are the English translations of the Garden of Sinners light novels worth the time? I was thinking of checking them out at some point but various online peoples have accused them of being inaccurate to the point of being fanfiction.

Is this actually the case or is it fans just exaggerating issues?

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

i wrote them and that is also true.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

Raxivace posted:

Are the English translations of the Garden of Sinners light novels worth the time? I was thinking of checking them out at some point but various online peoples have accused them of being inaccurate to the point of being fanfiction.

I remember reading some of them and they seemed pretty accurate to me? But I might have gotten it from a different source and this was a million years ago so IDK about currently available translations.

The KnK movies are actually pretty remarkable on how accurate they adapt the books and just change or take out some fairly minor details that don't detract from the overall story.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the knk movies are pretty much the superior experience. nasu wrote the knk novels in high school/early college and it shows, the movies do a lot to polish it into a cohesive product.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

except for the marijuana part

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Stairmaster posted:

except for the marijuana part

Do tell.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Arbite posted:

Do tell.

Kinoko Nasu has never done a drug in his life and the last movie involves a subplot with deadly marijuana overdoses

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Blockhouse posted:

Kinoko Nasu has never done a drug in his life and the last movie involves a subplot with deadly marijuana overdoses

that's honestly a japan as a whole thing, Fukumoto from Kaiji did a reefer madness manga about... CBD vapes

https://mangadex.org/title/14021/do-you-know-the-real-dangers-of-those-so-called

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Kaiji is a Japanese manga series written and illustrated by Nobuyuki Fukumoto. It has been published by Kodansha in Weekly Young Magazine since February 1996. The story centers on Kaiji Itō, a consummate gambler and his misadventures around gambling.

Volumes: 72

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
this is like the guy who comes to your school and does a talk about addiction because it's part of his probation

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

thats me

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
quartz_sign.mp4

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Raxivace posted:

If you mean the cokesakto translations, I've seen evidence he'd added, changed or removed paragraphs and it's not just the local translators being pedantic.
The fanfiction thing is partly the above and partly because he tried very hard to rename every possible Nasu-original term into something that's sound at home in a World of Darkness fanfic, so there's that.
Caveat: I saw this years ago, so I wouldn't be able to provide you with proof.

Still, as Endorph said, the movies are still the superior experience.

E: Google found me something. Apparently at some point BL went through some passages. https://docs.google.com/document/pub?id=1NEZzQsil7Zgkajr6ESYIoW1JNN6aeBuG4kE2SZWghXw#h.aj3s5lvyxjh3

Kyte fucked around with this message at 03:37 on Sep 6, 2020

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Thanks for responses everyone. Just to be clear I've seen the movies already and quite liked them- that's why I was curious about the novels.

Kyte posted:

If you mean the cokesakto translations, I've seen evidence he'd added, changed or removed paragraphs and it's not just the local translators being pedantic.
Yeah I think that was the guy I saw people criticizing. That's pretty unfortunate though if changes are that drastic.

quote:

E: Google found me something. Apparently at some point BL went through some passages. https://docs.google.com/document/pub?id=1NEZzQsil7Zgkajr6ESYIoW1JNN6aeBuG4kE2SZWghXw#h.aj3s5lvyxjh3
Interesting, I'll look through this later.

Polgas
Sep 2, 2018

With one hand he saves gebs. With the other he commits goblin genocide. A true neutral.

I thought the movies made some major changes to the sixth one?

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Polgas posted:

I thought the movies made some major changes to the sixth one?
Yeah, like there's no shortage of hosed-up shenanigans in any of the other 8 chapters, but by comparison Chapter 6 was way less hosed up as a movie than as a novel chapter.

rvm
May 6, 2013
If you want to read Nasu, Decoration Disorder Disconnection is your best bet. It's head and shoulders above what he he has written before and he promised to write the next volume after he's done with Tsukihime remake.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
So, Fate/EXTELLA LINK is on sale. Worth it? Of the TM video games, I've only really played Melty Blood and the /Extra games. (e.g. I don't mind if the gameplay is mediocre if the story/writing is baller. See also: Spec Ops: The Line.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

AlternateNu posted:

So, Fate/EXTELLA LINK is on sale. Worth it? Of the TM video games, I've only really played Melty Blood and the /Extra games. (e.g. I don't mind if the gameplay is mediocre if the story/writing is baller. See also: Spec Ops: The Line.)

Do you like Dynasty Warriors? Then it's a fun diversion with better gameplay than the first Extella. Don't expect something amazing, but it's worth a pop if you want to see the power of Servants taken to its full, ludicrous extreme and put in your hands.

If this is the sort of thing that pushes your particular gamer buttons, then it might be worth a look:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDFad-TZRCA