Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

oh no computer
May 27, 2003

RIP Gloucester. Semi causing all sorts of problems.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bluegoon
Mar 5, 2010

by Pragmatica
Oh yeah, the world cup, we won, cool.

Lekker Duane, lol.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
I have clearly done Bath dirty with my negativity. Two bonus point wins is huge

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Vaders Jester posted:

Can we all take a moment to send thoughts and prayers for Huw Jones being asked to play at fullback for Glasgow for the first time and having to try to tackle not only Duhan van der Merwe but also Eroni "The Sledgehammer" Sau this weekend.

F

Neither of them scored. Result for Huw!

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

Bristol are looking super strong right now.

I remember our days in the championship, constantly getting the dirty done on us by playing poo poo in the play off format.

Feels good now.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Looke posted:

Bristol are looking super strong right now.

I remember our days in the championship, constantly getting the dirty done on us by playing poo poo in the play off format.

Feels good now.

Ugh, don't say that the Dragons have to play them and I don't want a hammering.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

:scotland:

bessantj posted:

Neither of them scored. Result for Huw!

Fair play to him, he looked pretty solid at 15 all day. Duhan set up a really nice score but he'd breezed past 3 other players by that point so can't really lay anything on Jones for that.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

poo poo time to be South African in the Pro14.

Southern Kings have been suspended by their board for the rest of the season due to financial difficulties and RG Snyman blew out his ACL in the first 10 minutes of his debut for Munster after pretty shonky lifting.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
Rhys Priestland had dyed his hair blonde in lockdown, and it looks awful

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

Chwyldro Dawnsio Dawns

tarbrush posted:

Rhys Priestland had dyed his hair blonde in lockdown, and it looks awful

All of his buddies from the infamous 'Scarlets Trip To Vegas' have also done it, so I assume it's some sort of group dare or in-joke.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

It's still better than the fuckawful mullets kicking about everywhere at the moment.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I think my mass effect is broken

Vaders Jester posted:

It's still better than the fuckawful mullets kicking about everywhere at the moment.

Super Mullets Aotearoa was a thing of beauty and you know it.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

At least Jack Goodhue committed to the mullet life, there's a lot of half arsed ones in the Prem and it's bleak.

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

:unsmith:
It's a very 2020 thing that Exeter no longer have the worst hair in the prem - LCD shaved his head and Hogg's hair plugs are coming in, they look almost normal. Does make sense that the NH mullets are inferior to SH mullets though.

Pro14 playoffs should be fun, hard to call anything other than a Leinster-Edinburgh final though.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

Tyma posted:

'Scarlets Trip To Vegas'

This sounds like the kind of thing that someone's legal or health and safety thing should've put a stop to

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

MyChemicalImbalance posted:

It's a very 2020 thing that Exeter no longer have the worst hair in the prem - LCD shaved his head and Hogg's hair plugs are coming in, they look almost normal. Does make sense that the NH mullets are inferior to SH mullets though.

Pro14 playoffs should be fun, hard to call anything other than a Leinster-Edinburgh final though.

I think Edinburgh vs Ulster could be close, the main thing Edinburgh have is a bit of momentum of results, shame they lost to Glasgow last week.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

Ulster have been there and done it before so that'll stand them in good stead, Edinburgh need to make sure the occasion don't get to them, though with the new laws and interpretations, we'll be looking at 20+ penalties minimum if other games are anything to go by. Should be a great game either way.

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

Ulster really haven't came out of quarantine in great shape between injuries and those two performances, if Cooney gets a bit of 2019 form back it could be tight but I still see Edinburgh edging it.

Will be interesting to see the teams named for the semis, talk of Leavy being back for Leinster too which would be great to see.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

Leinster's team is loving bonkers. Only big miss is Furlong and Leavy though I reckon they'll be back for the final if they get there.

Leinster: Larmour; Keenan, Ringrose, Henshaw, Lowe; Sexton (c), McGrath; Healy, R Kelleher, Porter, Toner, Fardy; Doris, Connors, Conan.

Replacements: Cronin, E Byrne, Bent, Baird, Van der Flier, Gibson-Park, R Byrne, O'Loughlin.

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

The Bristol, Worcester game has been drat good

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

Owen Farrell finally red carded for his hilariously poo poo and dangerous tackling.

https://twitter.com/media_steven/status/1302231075222151175

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
Eesh, that was bad even by his standards

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
That's bordering on an assault rather than a tackle.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

Edinburgh v Ulster match is only 5-0 at halftime but a really good game of rugby so far.

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

Vaders Jester posted:

Edinburgh v Ulster match is only 5-0 at halftime but a really good game of rugby so far.

Talk about a game of two halves:stare: Edinburgh must be heartbroken, they really could've put it away but Ulster's second half performance was brilliant. Madigan lives for the big pressure kicks.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

Ulster were outstanding for the last 15 minutes. Edinburgh blew that game when Bennett's pass got intercepted and heads went down.

Vaders Jester fucked around with this message at 21:57 on Sep 5, 2020

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
gently caress sake Edinburgh. That was your chance.

Either way. Leinster are going to stroll their way to another Championship anyway :toot:

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

Lmao Edinburgh, hahahahaha.

Come to Glasgow if you want to know how to win the league you bunch of SRU moddycoddled piece of shits.

RIP.

HappyCamperGL
May 18, 2014

Communist Bear posted:

Lmao Edinburgh, hahahahaha.

Come to Glasgow if you want to know how to win the league you bunch of SRU moddycoddled piece of shits.

RIP.

:hmmyes:

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

Congrats to Glasgow for getting the pity gently caress into the European Championship next year.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

So, there was a fair bit of talk about Eddie Jones wanting to get Hoskins Sotutu, who'd have been immediately eligible for England by virtue of having an English mum.

Too late now, I guess.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

5 match ban for Farrell, reduced down from 10 because his coaches say he's nice and he donates to charity.

I'm sure he's a nice bloke and all but WTF does that have to do with him nearly decapitating an 18 year old kid?

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
He showed immediate remorse, and he never got sent off in the past for doing it so he must be a good egg really. Plus his dad is very scary.

If he does it again they really have to throw the book at him. They should probably throw it at some of the coaching staff as well. If they can't get their international quality players to follow tackling 101 they're not really meeting their player safety goals as a coach.

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

Super pumped for the pro14 final tomorrow, Leinster obviously favourites but Ulster could pull one out of their back pocket and win it. Coetzee is a fuckin monster and we have enough sneaky operators like Henderson and Burns to take the chances that fall to us. Huge shout putting Cooney on the bench, but it would be a hilarious cap to the the season seeing an Ulster team which is like 1/3 Leinster rejects win something.

Also, who wants an unbeaten Leinster season? Have you ever heard dubs?

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

Good luck to Ulster, anything to keep tedious Leinster fans quiet. They're the Saracens of the Pro14 these days.

Gambrinus
Mar 1, 2005

Vaders Jester posted:

5 match ban for Farrell, reduced down from 10 because his coaches say he's nice and he donates to charity.

I'm sure he's a nice bloke and all but WTF does that have to do with him nearly decapitating an 18 year old kid?

Rugby disciplinary process is a joke. Has been for years..

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Aussie Aussie Aussie, oi oi oi

Hookers
Folau Fainga'a (Brumbies)
Tom Horton (NSW Waratahs)
Brandon Paenga-Amosa (Queensland Reds)
Jordan Uelese (Melbourne Rebels)

Props
Jermaine Ainsley (Melbourne Rebels)
Allan Alaalatoa (Brumbies)
Angus Bell (NSW Waratahs)
Pone Fa’amausili (Melbourne Rebels)
Harry Johnson-Holmes (NSW Waratahs)
Scott Sio (Brumbies)
James Slipper (Brumbies)
Taniela Tupou (Queensland Reds)

Locks
Ned Hanigan (NSW Waratahs)
Trevor Hosea (Melbourne Rebels)
Matt Philip (Melbourne Rebels)
Lukhan Salakaia-Loto (Queensland Reds)
Rob Simmons (NSW Waratahs)

Loose Forwards
Michael Hooper (NSW Waratahs)
Fraser McReight (Queensland Reds)
Pete Samu (Brumbies)
Lachie Swinton (NSW Waratahs)
Rob Valetini (Brumbies)
Harry Wilson (Queensland Reds)
Liam Wright (Queensland Reds)

Halfbacks
Jake Gordon (NSW Waratahs)
Tate McDermott (Queensland Reds)
Joe Powell (Brumbies)
Nic White (Brumbies)

Five-Eighths
Will Harrison (NSW Waratahs)
Noah Lolesio (Brumbies)
Matt Toomua (Melbourne Rebels)

Midfielders
Hunter Paisami (Queensland Reds)
Len Ikitau (Brumbies)
Irae Simone (Brumbies)
Tom Wright (Brumbies)

Back Three-quarters
Tom Banks (Brumbies)
Filipo Daugunu (Queensland Reds)
Dane Haylett-Petty (Melbourne Rebels)
Reece Hodge (Melbourne Rebels)
Marika Korobiete (Melbourne Rebels)
Jack Maddocks (NSW Waratahs)
Jordan Petaia (Queensland Reds)
James Ramm (NSW Waratahs)

Utility Back
James O'Connor (Queensland Reds)

Players new to the squad are in italics.

16 new caps. Definitely feels like a re-invention of the team.

Plucky Brit
Nov 7, 2009

Swing low, sweet chariot

Gambrinus posted:

Rugby disciplinary process is a joke. Has been for years..
Reducing the sentencing because a person pled guilty doesn't make much sense when there are multiple cameras tracking the offense.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Not liking this beating the Dragons are taking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Bollocks.