Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

fuckin lol

cupcake by all rights could have knocked his rear end into next week, this is awful

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

staguar
Aug 29, 2004

DJExile posted:

fuckin lol

cupcake by all rights could have knocked his rear end into next week, this is awful

Scarface considers himself a boxer first, but every time he fights someone that has an ounce of skill, he looks terrible.

I still can't get over the "judges" saying he didn't lose to White Dragon. And then he turned off the comments on YouTube because everyone called them out on it.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

I like Street Beefs as much as the next guy but defending Scarface as a good guy probably isn't the hill you want to die on

I wouldn't be surprised if we got posts from the guy that just got absorbed under the Street Beefs name a few months from now about how badly he got hosed on the deal

staguar
Aug 29, 2004
Holy poo poo. Scarface has done it again

WHEELCHAIR BOXING

How the hell are they going to stand up if they get knocked down?

Firechicken
Sep 4, 2019

by Pragmatica
Streetbeefs scrapyard's next event is on the 29th of AUG. So far we have 34 people signed up. I may be doing a match also. Our fb group has grown to 1700+ members now.

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
This is why america is almost at 6 million covid cases

Firechicken
Sep 4, 2019

by Pragmatica

Firechicken fucked around with this message at 04:23 on Oct 25, 2020

ccubed
Jul 14, 2016

How's it hanging, brah?
Rising Phoenix Update

"if quantum field theory is a part of the theory of everything, then principles and concepts from quantum field theory can be used to understand and explain movements and applications of techniques in combat." slinky theory. water wave patterns. bruce lee. be water my friend. matter waves theory. waves in a larger context that includes "combat waves." "if it has more energy, it can instead vibrate." transverse wave motion of the 1-2. slipping, bobbing, weaving kind've like light. random tyson fury uppercutting himself in the face. full reach is crest of your wave. can only guess where an electron is at any given time. fight is a game of infinite probabilities. no substitute for training. fight on september 5th. experiment #3 offensive waves. next vid is about the vortex.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

ccubed posted:

Rising Phoenix Update

"if quantum field theory is a part of the theory of everything, then principles and concepts from quantum field theory can be used to understand and explain movements and applications of techniques in combat." slinky theory. water wave patterns. bruce lee. be water my friend. matter waves theory. waves in a larger context that includes "combat waves." "if it has more energy, it can instead vibrate." transverse wave motion of the 1-2. slipping, bobbing, weaving kind've like light. random tyson fury uppercutting himself in the face. full reach is crest of your wave. can only guess where an electron is at any given time. fight is a game of infinite probabilities. no substitute for training. fight on september 5th. experiment #3 offensive waves. next vid is about the vortex.

oh hell yes, good to see him back

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

ccubed posted:

Rising Phoenix Update

Phoenix is on the right track but he needs to get on stevia and take it to the next level

staguar
Aug 29, 2004
I can't believe they're gonna do our boy Phoenix like this

https://youtu.be/gL_BHJtFWeo

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

staguar posted:

“Experiment 3: Offensive Waves”

*gets beat up for thirty seconds and KO’d by getting thrown into the fence*

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Rip in power rising phoenix

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Big Mullet Energy

ShineDog
May 21, 2007
It is inevitable!
God they just didn't show him after that pummelling, is he dead? He tapped out after that knee to the face, then fell down, then the ref lets him get punched in the face because beef refs continue to be incredible.

staguar
Aug 29, 2004

ShineDog posted:

beef refs continue to be incredible.

And that's the good referee

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
I liked the part where we got the promoter/ring announcer, security(?), the ref, the camera guy, and two fighters, inside the cage where the fight is happening.

ccubed
Jul 14, 2016

How's it hanging, brah?

staguar posted:

Pre-Fight Vlog: Fear and Courage

"People don't talk much about the mindgame of combat sports. Rising Phoenix deals with generalized anxiety disorder. Describes panic attacks. Everyone deals with the fear and anxiety before a fight differently but they don't really talk about it. Nipple pinchers. Means to detach. Why are they trying to detach? This poo poo hurts. Pain is just another mask of fear. Generalized anxiety disorder more than just nerves. Hot flashes and cold sweats before fight. Fear can be crippling. Seneca the Younger quote. Courage to live. A skill that takes practice. Words of encouragement to other fighters. Everyone's fear response is different. Need to be able to summon your courage when you need to. Takes practice. Asks how other deal with it."

Edit: looking through the youtube comments, and Phoenix says he will need surgery for a broken jaw. He's glad he's improved and happy with how long he lasted against such a strong opponent. Clear to him now that he needs a trainer/coach. Can only improve so much on his own.

ccubed fucked around with this message at 01:03 on Sep 7, 2020

Paper Lion
Dec 14, 2009

why is that transcription written like a rorschach segment of watchmen

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

End of the fiscal year, bitch.
MP's got time to order pens for year year, hooah?

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made

Lipstick Apathy
I'm not going to be happy with Streetbeefs until I see El Diablo get destroyed a few more times, I hate that guy

Firechicken
Sep 4, 2019

by Pragmatica
.I

Firechicken fucked around with this message at 04:22 on Oct 25, 2020

Firechicken
Sep 4, 2019

by Pragmatica

Firechicken fucked around with this message at 04:22 on Oct 25, 2020

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Apparently there's like a 50 fight card coming up. A youtube vidéo popped up saying something like that but I didn't click it

staguar
Aug 29, 2004
This was a pretty fun fight with one of the better finishes I can remember in a while.

Iraqi Assassin vs Unknown

staguar
Aug 29, 2004
This thread is order much dead, but there have been a bunch of fights uploaded lately. Some of them have a surprisingly decent level of refereeing. None of it is by the fat ref, of course.

Firechicken
Sep 4, 2019

by Pragmatica

Firechicken fucked around with this message at 04:21 on Oct 25, 2020

Chunderbucket
Aug 31, 2006

I had a beer with Stephen Miller once and now I like him.

staguar posted:

This thread is order much dead, but there have been a bunch of fights uploaded lately.

I'm subscribed and it's still too many to keep up.

And dead? Hell no. STREETBEEFS is forever. STREETBEEFS is a lifestyle. Any coward can pull a trigger. But it take a real man to look another man in the eyes, and punch him right in the face.

what do you think will be the last aspect of STREETBEEFS to improve? I'm guessing they'll be performing in event centres with full PA, light shows, massive screen displays and professional referees long before they ever figure out a time clock better than "somebody's cell phone"

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

I think NAG was doing them, since Mel got himself forumbanned.

Firechicken
Sep 4, 2019

by Pragmatica

Firechicken
Sep 4, 2019

by Pragmatica

NAG
Jul 13, 2009

I've been waiting for the forums sale to go through, but I'm going to make an effort to start recapping fights again soon, maybe starting next month when the various art-tober challenges are over.

Firechicken
Sep 4, 2019

by Pragmatica

Firechicken fucked around with this message at 04:20 on Oct 25, 2020

staguar
Aug 29, 2004

Chunderbucket posted:

what do you think will be the last aspect of STREETBEEFS to improve?

I'm going to guess paying fighters. Scarface can't make a living off of exploiting the fighters if he actually starts paying them. He would probably fire the terrible fat referee before he starts paying fighters.

ShineDog
May 21, 2007
It is inevitable!
"technically sound" upsets me. I don't want technically sound, I want a very useless fat guy trying to do krav maga because he saw a video of it once tripping over a rotting tyre someone left in the arena because its being held in the garden of a house that has been condemned for 20 years.

Streetbeefs is bad now.

NAG
Jul 13, 2009

I don't mind having a bit of everything. Going through all the matches for writeups, you come to appreciate the variety. My favourite matches are still probably still short squash matches where someone gets knocked out at the end, but I'll take a nice, exciting boxing match between two skilled fighters over two ordinary joes hugging and panting.

Firechicken
Sep 4, 2019

by Pragmatica

Firechicken fucked around with this message at 04:20 on Oct 25, 2020

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
I dunno I think Scarface should pay the fighters

staguar
Aug 29, 2004

Firechicken posted:

Ahhh, its like a skipping cd over and over again...... the fighters aren't getting paid so stop bringing it up. They aren't pros.

Just because you've joined in on his scam to exploit the fighters doesn't make it any less lovely of a thing to do.

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

If Scarface is making money off it, the fighters should get their share

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

I chuckle sensibly at the idea of Scarface issuing 1099s every February.