Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
We’re mostly chatting in the discord since taxgate, yeah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
16 years

https://twitter.com/EFCFinals/status/1301648983148773377?s=19

Windmill Hut
Jul 21, 2008

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/breaking-tigers-stars-in-brawl-outside-gold-coast-strip-club/news-story/f0e7ad7594cecc4080bb1a2b78637c53

quote:

GOLD COAST - The AFL is investigating a matter involving Tigers Sydney Stack and Callum Coleman-Jones on Wednesday night.
Foxfooty.com.au has confirmed the league is aware of an alleged altercation outside a Gold Coast strip club where the Courier Mail is reporting the duo were involved in a fight after being evicted.

It is understood the altercation took place metres from a police station.

Police were called. It is a clear breach of AFL COVID-19 protocols for players or coaches to attend bars, restaurants or other confined public spaces.

:chanpop:

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think it's nice, you laughing.

realbez posted:

We’re mostly chatting in the discord since taxgate, yeah

Theres a frontpage Discord? Whats the link?

The footage of them sitting on the bench and then the drunk guy barely wailing on them is kind of amusing. The big issue seems to be if they had actually come from the strip club/bar whatever as they seem to be allowed out to get food.

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
24 hour invite link for the discord:

https://discord.gg/JBV375

You’ll need to post in the auspol thread in d&d to get verified

Edit: and link your post

realbez fucked around with this message at 08:01 on Sep 4, 2020

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
It’s not like the auspol thread, it’s pretty chill generally

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

realbez posted:

24 hour invite link for the discord:

https://discord.com/channels/@me/751323399401504788/751324242183847937

You’ll need to post in the auspol thread in d&d to get verified

Edit: and link your post

Naturally I wasnt logged into the browser discord when I clicked that so I think its wasted the invite on a guest account. May need a relink please?

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
It’s a general one it should just keep working. log yourself out of that guest account maybe?

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

Sorry that’s the proper link

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
10 game bans for the both of them, 100k softcap fine for richmond and it sounds like QLD will kick those two players out of the state as well.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

drunkill posted:

10 game bans for the both of them, 100k softcap fine for richmond and it sounds like QLD will kick those two players out of the state as well.

Yeah, they are being sent back to Victoria

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

You Am I posted:

Yeah, they are being sent back to Victoria

Thats just a step too far. Cruel and unusual punishment imo.

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011

NPR Journalizard posted:

Thats just a step too far. Cruel and unusual punishment imo.

some Tiges fan on Twitter, probably posted:

A world where we deprive young men, in their prime of their lives, of the freedom to buy kebabs at 3am is a world gone MAD

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

GTFO Richmond

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

realbez posted:

Sorry that’s the proper link

Cheers.

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
Don’t forget to post in the bad thread (https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3921629) to verify if you’re trying to join the discord. Link your post in that thread in the verification channel.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Saints won and still don’t look great, and the last two matches are West Coast and GWS :smithicide:

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011

harperdc posted:

Saints won and still don’t look great, and the last two matches are West Coast and GWS :smithicide:

It's gonna make it very difficult if the Doggies win tonight, they've got Hawthorn and Freo after this.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

monolithburger posted:

It's gonna make it very difficult if the Doggies win tonight, they've got Hawthorn and Freo after this.

I think we’ll do enough to get in, but I also fully expect to rue and regret letting Freo win that one Because St Kilda.

GWS have three games in short order so they might be cooked for that final match. Against the Eagles on Thursday is going to be the challenge.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

harperdc posted:

I think we’ll do enough to get in, but I also fully expect to rue and regret letting Freo win that one Because St Kilda.

GWS have three games in short order so they might be cooked for that final match. Against the Eagles on Thursday is going to be the challenge.

I just think it’s great that Melbourne managed to gently caress up two clubs finals plans in the space of like 5 days

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Let me start off with a basket of chips. Then move on to the pollo asado taco.
Essendon supporters turning on Tippa. Get hosed, footy is poo poo, leave him alone.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Blaming Tippa when the team is poo poo is definitely something.

Also lol Eagles, we won't win a final.

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Tippa has been a shining light at the club in these last lovely years. This just makes me really loving angry.
And that aside, what the gently caress is the point in singling out one player in one moment 30 seconds into a game we got smashed in? Not like if Tippa didn’t handball it we had the game in the bag.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS
What did he do? I’ve been avoiding watching any replays of that abortion of a football game.

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

gay picnic defence posted:

What did he do? I’ve been avoiding watching any replays of that abortion of a football game.

Literally first play of the game, ball out of the centre into the Bomber forward line. Tippa marks it directly in front a few meters out but instead of going back and having a kick he handballed it off to Mozzie who was nearby. Mozzie wasn't expecting it at all and didn't receive the handball. Ball fumbles around for a bit, Mozzie eventually gets it again and snaps at goal but misses. Basically a simple brain fade that cost a goal seconds into the game. Has nothing to do with us losing by 70 points. People abusing him on social media, he privated his account but made a post profusely apologising to everyone for letting them down. Said he was trying to do the team thing and give Mozzie a goal.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

Yeah he does that a bit. It does get a bit frustrating when the best kick for goal in the team hands ot off to McKernan or something

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads
Luke Darcy on the radio this morning interviewing Dan Andrews and having a sad that he can't have all his pubs open because of COVID, apparently herd immunity is the way to go :chloe:

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Maybe luke darcy should run for the liberals to learn how unpopular he is

E: Peter Costellos son is the 'newsbreaker' on triple m so they're a liberal-aligned station anyway, at least the morning show with guests like steve price and alan jones gettinf airtime.

drunkill fucked around with this message at 00:09 on Sep 7, 2020

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
Essendon fans aren’t having a good year in social media

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Spedman posted:

Luke Darcy on the radio this morning interviewing Dan Andrews and having a sad that he can't have all his pubs open because of COVID, apparently herd immunity is the way to go :chloe:

when you're sadder about your pokies revenue than your dad dying

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Re: McDonald-Tipungwuti getting harrassed

Doesn't he also have cognitive difficulties from foetal alcohol syndrome? So by harrassing the poor bloke for a single mistake in a footy game hits him harder?

Footy fans are the worst.

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman
Yeah they really are. You'd think after some of the completely outrageous plays McDonald-Tipungwuti has made for the club he'd be forgiven for making a mistake while trying to get a young indigenous player new to the club into the game.

If you rip into a dude for that you don't deserve to watch footy.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Weird how when most players give off a handball when they should have goaled the response is “lol dumbass” and when he does it it’s “you single handedly caused a 70 point loss kill yourself” :thunk:

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

Irving Mosquito confirmed torn ACL

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

drunkill posted:

Maybe luke darcy should run for the liberals to learn how unpopular he is

E: Peter Costellos son is the 'newsbreaker' on triple m so they're a liberal-aligned station anyway, at least the morning show with guests like steve price and alan jones gettinf airtime.

The funny thing is Macguire is a labour man and actually argues the point against the others reasonably well and has had pretty good run ins with Andrew Bolt before. I cant say ive ever heard Alan Jones on there before?

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads
Cerra :discourse:

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

That Melbourne loss would've been so much worse if Freo kicked straight in the wet - 1.6 and 0.3 in the 1st and 2nd quarters alone.

Forum Joe
Jun 8, 2001

Every day I'm shuffling!

Ask me about Tasmania!
Conor McKenna just announced his retirement from the game, effective immediately, to return to Ireland for family reasons.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Not surprising. He could have easily stayed in Ireland during his preseason trip home, think of this season as a bonus dozen extra games for fans.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

Yeah not a huge surprise, he’s been having issues with homesickness for a while