Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Hyrax Attack! posted:

That sounds really good and agreed air fryers are great, what spices did you use?

Generous dusting of:

Paprika
Garlic powder
White pepper
Ginger
Salt
Cornstarch

Edit: shake them at least three if not four times while cooking for max crisp

shadow puppet of a fucked around with this message at 18:05 on Sep 4, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

KakerMix posted:

My favorite flavor of carbonated water is unflavored.

I'm completely serious.

For most people, when the soda dispenser runs out of syrup, that's a bug. For you, it's a feature.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Gatts posted:

I’m gonna look into Costco camping equipment

My local warehouse has cleared them all out already. They show up early spring and are gone by beginning of summer.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001
Probation
Can't post for 10 hours!
Nap Ghost

FCKGW posted:

My local warehouse has cleared them all out already. They show up early spring and are gone by beginning of summer.

Awww. :(

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

KakerMix posted:

My favorite flavor of carbonated water is unflavored.

I'm completely serious.

Did you ever have the unflavored white claw

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

I will say it wouldn't hurt to check though. The only thing left from their camping stuff is the inflatable sleeping pads but because they're past season now they're all marked down 50% off so even if they don't have much you can still get a deal on something you might want :)

Rescue Toaster
Mar 13, 2003
I managed to get a box of the kirkland disinfecting wipes even though they always show out of stock when searching for them. I had them on my 'list' and the add to card button was lit up so there you go. Shopping at costco online is pretty annoying, but unfortunately I live in Iowa and it's just not safe to shop anywhere really. I miss the meat department. Costco needs curbside pickup or something, even though I know that would be nuts.

fordham
Oct 5, 2002

Your argument is invalid.
Exciting Lemon

FCKGW posted:

I will say it wouldn't hurt to check though. The only thing left from their camping stuff is the inflatable sleeping pads but because they're past season now they're all marked down 50% off so even if they don't have much you can still get a deal on something you might want :)

I got one of the last tents from my church about 6 weeks ago.

astral
Apr 26, 2004

Rescue Toaster posted:

I managed to get a box of the kirkland disinfecting wipes even though they always show out of stock when searching for them. I had them on my 'list' and the add to card button was lit up so there you go. Shopping at costco online is pretty annoying, but unfortunately I live in Iowa and it's just not safe to shop anywhere really. I miss the meat department. Costco needs curbside pickup or something, even though I know that would be nuts.

It's weird but those lists seem to be the best way to find out if you can place an order at Costco and Sam's Club; their websites do not do a good job accurately reflecting in-stock status.

That said, I've had Costco cancel a bunch of orders because an item turns out to be out of stock and they haven't yet figured out the concept of a waiting list.

fischtick
Jul 9, 2001

CORGO, THE DESTROYER

Fun Shoe
Anybody know how long those raspberry crumble cookies are good f— hahahaha oh my god we ate all of them.

RoastBeef
Jul 11, 2008

The chicken bake has returned. PBUC.

Doodles
Apr 14, 2001

fischtick posted:

Anybody know how long those raspberry crumble cookies are good f— hahahaha oh my god we ate all of them.

The only reason I'm not buying them is that I would consume the entire package by myself, sitting on my bedroom carpet wearing nothing but underwear, and crying.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

fischtick posted:

I chose the pumpkin strudel muffins instead. But yeah those raspberry cookies are legit. I hope they do a Meyer Lemon one soon.

ROJO
Jan 14, 2006

Oven Wrangler
A productive trip to church today. Didn't get pictures of all the booze, but got a whole primal of ribeye. Got 13 steaks out of it, four for this weekend and the rest in the freezer. No chest freezers in stock at my church :(

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Time to cream your John Boos, buddy.

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm
I sure hope I like this cauliflower rice since I just bought 5 lbs of it

Man going to CostCo hungry is a mistake

My poor puny apartment freezer is full and I have a bunch of naan and English muffins I still need to cram in there.

Dressed For Chess
May 6, 2007
Fun Shoe
What’s the consensus on the best protein shake / meal replacement shake available at the ‘Co? My wife has bariatric surgery on the horizon and we’re looking at meal options for the first little while.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
why doesnt this thread ever talk about the kirkland pralined pecans

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Absolutely not the cookies and cream protein shake. Even at 25$ for a 5lb tub. I almost threw up every morning downing that poo poo. If they're still carrying the optimum nutrition gold standard whey that's a fine choice, bland but you won't really get tired of it like more strongly flavored wheys

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

david_a posted:

Yes.

And also...

No.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

The Walrus posted:

Because nobody has yet to dip them in bitchin' sauce.

Be the change...

madsushi
Apr 19, 2009

Baller.
#essereFerrari

The Walrus posted:

They're extremely good. I always stock up, as they can be seasonal.

Here's one of the best items at Costco, usually in the dried fruits section in front of real fruits: Dried Strawberries (Nutty & Fruity brand).

Taste delicious and fresh, last a very long time. Always the favorite in the office snack stack.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Dressed For Chess posted:

What’s the consensus on the best protein shake / meal replacement shake available at the ‘Co? My wife has bariatric surgery on the horizon and we’re looking at meal options for the first little while.

I thought the consensus was the Premier Protein Vanilla shakes.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

ROJO posted:

A productive trip to church today. Didn't get pictures of all the booze, but got a whole primal of ribeye. Got 13 steaks out of it, four for this weekend and the rest in the freezer. No chest freezers in stock at my church :(

Gettin’ real beefy

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

fischtick posted:

Same, but linder tarts.

And instead of "we", it's just me.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

pentyne posted:

We prefer the chocolate but vanilla is fine.

Peach is... Hard to put my finger on. It's weird tasting, but the more I drank the more I started to enjoy it.

Cookies and cream tastes fine as a night time drink, but both boxs I bought had this weird issue with tiny bits of congealed shake inside. Since it was two boxes bought a month apart it felt intentional so I wouldn't buy it again for that reason.

Lobsterboy
Aug 18, 2003

start smoking (what's up, gold?)

madsushi posted:

They're extremely good. I always stock up, as they can be seasonal.

Here's one of the best items at Costco, usually in the dried fruits section in front of real fruits: Dried Strawberries (Nutty & Fruity brand).

Taste delicious and fresh, last a very long time. Always the favorite in the office snack stack.

I got these to snack on / wife bake with, but these are also super good small treats for bunnies. Usually freeze dried stuff is super expensive or has a bunch of preservatives. Rabbits go hog loving wild for sugar.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Renegret posted:

We prefer the chocolate but vanilla is fine.

Peach is... Hard to put my finger on. It's weird tasting, but the more I drank the more I started to enjoy it.

Cookies and cream tastes fine as a night time drink, but both boxs I bought had this weird issue with tiny bits of congealed shake inside. Since it was two boxes bought a month apart it felt intentional so I wouldn't buy it again for that reason.

I had this problem with one of mine too. The apples and oats one. It congealed super fast and I have to shake them for like a full minute to be somewhat drinkable. I think I'm just going to get rid of those. I have more.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

david_a posted:

I sure hope I like this cauliflower rice since I just bought 5 lbs of it

My poor puny apartment freezer is full and I have a bunch of naan and English muffins I still need to cram in there.

Have you had cauliflower rice before? There is a certain adjustment in expectations; however, once you stir-fry/pan-fry it for a bit and then coat it in some sauce dishes, be it tikka masla, curry, or even copious amounts of tamari or teriyaki or whatever, there's virtually no difference. by itself it's a bit awkward but edible, just it shines more when mixed in as a fried rice dish, or saucey dishes

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm

Xaris posted:

Have you had cauliflower rice before? There is a certain adjustment in expectations; however, once you stir-fry/pan-fry it for a bit and then coat it in some sauce dishes, be it tikka masla, curry, or even copious amounts of tamari or teriyaki or whatever, there's virtually no difference. by itself it's a bit awkward but edible, just it shines more when mixed in as a fried rice dish, or saucey dishes

No, but I just did!

I don’t know what I was expecting, but... it’s minced cauliflower. That’s it. By itself it tastes like unseasoned cauliflower. I guess I was imagining it was processed more in some way.

Luckily I like cauliflower. I had it with a vegetarian curry and it was fine. The chewing resistance is fairly rice-like.

On a “rice forward” dish (whatever that is) I probably wouldn’t use it, much like Banza vs pasta. For heavy sauces, why not? Seems like an easy win to eat less carbs, since I’m Scandinavian and addicted to bread so I already get plenty of those. Definitely something I’ll be buying going forward.

Oh and for anybody else balking at the enormous 5lb bag, it’s actually a bunch of smaller pouches inside you. You can microwave them directly, which I did because I was feeling lazy.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Cauli rice is most excellent sauced or seasoned. I totally don't miss rice in whatever I make with it, and its a minuscule fraction of calories and low carb.

grillster
Dec 25, 2004

:chaostrump:

pentyne posted:

I like the Rockin' Protein Builder drinks... In a 12 pack box in the fridge. I've seen them disappear once in a while.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Anyone try the COMBAT protein powder? In the green bag. I'm almost out of my protein powder and have seen it up front recently.

Cookies and cream flavor sounds good to me.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Chinatown posted:

Anyone try the COMBAT protein powder? In the green bag. I'm almost out of my protein powder and have seen it up front recently.

I went thru a couple bags of that stuff. The flavor was pretty good, and I can now lift a car over my head.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Chinatown posted:

It's p good. I use it for meal replacement.

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

Bought a case of the Kirkland wet dog food but my pup doesn't like it. Can I return the other 23 cans?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

The Slack Lagoon posted:

Bought a case of the Kirkland wet dog food but my pup doesn't like it. Can I return the other 23 cans?

absolutely.

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

StormDrain posted:

I went thru a couple bags of that stuff. The flavor was pretty good, and I can now lift a car over my head.

But can you defeat the car in one-on-one combat?

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

do you remember when Costco sold 24pks of Mexican Coca-colas for like $20 buckos? Those were the days. :smith:

I passed a pallet of them yesterday in Seattle when I was there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

pacerhimself posted:

But can you defeat the car in one-on-one combat?

Only if it's in my weight class.