Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

bowmore posted:

That’s the fourth coach this year?

Fifth - Kearney, Pay, McGregor, Green, Seibold.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Haha what an insane year. I don’t think we’ll see a sixth axing unless Mick Maguire takes up an offer somewhere else.

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

It's about finding that next group of core players we can win with in the next 6, 8, 10 years. Let's face it, it's hard for 20-, 21-, 22-year-olds to lead an NHL team. Look at the playoffs.

That quote is from fucking 2018. Fuck you Jim
Pillbug
A wild Tommy Raudonikis appears!

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!

aejix posted:

A wild Tommy Raudonikis appears!

No.

Twenty years not enough time.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

At least he did some good things too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIYdFXlDd3I

Not sure that Seibold will be remembered for anything worthwhile at all.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

ili posted:

At least he did some good things too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIYdFXlDd3I

Not sure that Seibold will be remembered for anything worthwhile at all.

Making the Broncos a laughingstock is a valuable service that I will never forget

Abalone Malone
Jul 26, 2002

maybe if Kevy gets the job, he will try to sign his son
tigers should offload him, but make them take mbye and reynolds as well.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Abalone Malone posted:

maybe if Kevy gets the job, he will try to sign his son
tigers should offload him, but make them take mbye and reynolds as well.

Can they just take our whole lineup and let us start from scratch? Can't be any worse than the current lot.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.

iajanus posted:

Can they just take our whole lineup and let us start from scratch? Can't be any worse than the current lot.

the mid and low tier paid players at the Tigers are doing a good job and are almost to a man on good value deals - the top of their roster are uniformly horrendous and also overpaid.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Smorgasbord posted:

the mid and low tier paid players at the Tigers are doing a good job and are almost to a man on good value deals - the top of their roster are uniformly horrendous and also overpaid.

They're doing an ok job with the talents they have, but in nearly every position the team is stacked with players who would be in the bottom 50% of they're position rankings and have glaring weaknesses in one facet of play or another. Whilst I like quite a lot of them, it doesn't cover up their weaknesses. Take Nofoaluma. He's passionate, decent in attack and aggressive. He's also prone to terrible reads on the wing, completely giving up on catching kicks, and can be relied on for at least one mistake leading straight to a try every game.

We also have the worst luck in picking which of our up and coming players to keep and which to let go. We nearly always get rid of the future origin player and keep the trash.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
De Belin's appeal to stay his case failed and he'll go to trial in November.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Latrell out for 4 to 5 months, poor bloke was just starting to show good signs at fullback too

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Ooof. Ruptured hammy.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Jeez that was a fair pass from Hiku there.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.
Warriors are playing some legit good footy, hoping the Sharks start feeling the pressure.

garycoleisgod
Sep 27, 2004
Boo
The Knights: Not very good at this rugby league thing.

What is up with the knights though? The past few years they have made a habit of starting the season well and then just getting worse as it goes on. They will probably still make the eight because the Warriors are 5 points behind (and in theory the tigers and eagles could be five points behind at the end of the round too), and making up 3 games over 4 rounds will probably be a bridge too far, but the knights ain't achieving poo poo this season. Is it Pearce? Is it Ponga being overrated? (Yes, but that can't be the entire problem).

Feels like another year wasted to me. But I'm a Raiders fan and they ain't doing poo poo this year either. Haven't fallen away like they could have, but they ain't winning the comp.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

I think the Knights are too much of a 1 (or 2) superstar team. The rest of the team is ok but tends to wilt as the years go on, and compared to teams like the Roosters there just isn't an alternative when things get tough.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

iajanus posted:

I think the Knights are too much of a 1 (or 2) superstar team. The rest of the team is ok but tends to wilt as the years go on, and compared to teams like the Roosters there just isn't an alternative when things get tough.

Ponga reminds me a little of Shaun Johnson in terms of obvious freakish talent but there's whole games where he's completely zoned out and does nothing at all.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Smorgasbord posted:

Ponga reminds me a little of Shaun Johnson in terms of obvious freakish talent but there's whole games where he's completely zoned out and does nothing at all.

I'm fine with him saving those games for Queensland

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Adam is a wonderful example of how a player should go about his business in the NRL
Hiku has signed for one more year with us. Given the form he’s in and his age (27) I’m surprised he didn’t receive a longer term offer. It could be that he’s happy playing for us, even if he isn’t actually based in NZ.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Would be pretty funny if the Broncos becoming a joke flipped Queensland to an AFL state.

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
:patriot:
I dunno, I have visions of the Titans getting to the second round of finals next year. And I don't drink during the week so I know the beer isn't to blame this time.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Apollodorus posted:

I dunno, I have visions of the Titans getting to the second round of finals next year. And I don't drink during the week so I know the beer isn't to blame this time.

Meth is a hell of a drug

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Adam is a wonderful example of how a player should go about his business in the NRL
Seibold has given a list of three names to the NRL following his cyber investigation. Sadly Bennett is not on the list.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Jono C posted:

Seibold has given a list of three names to the NRL following his cyber investigation. Sadly Bennett is not on the list.

WampaLord9000, XxXCyberNinjaXxX and tittiekisser69 are all done for.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Got 1437 this week in Supercoach which I think is the highest I've ever got

Abalone Malone
Jul 26, 2002

9th BAYBEES!!

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

bowmore posted:

Got 1437 this week in Supercoach which I think is the highest I've ever got
Updated to 1495, noice

garycoleisgod
Sep 27, 2004
Boo
https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/b...b5ddc55910e4025

Sorry about the telegraph link, but in shocking news, a NRL player ISN'T a stupid violent criminal. The video is hilarious, stop resisting sleeping man!

Absolutely love the cops assaulting a bloke while he's asleep and he just waves his arms around and they charge him with assault. People without the money Scott had behind him might have eaten those charges.

All Cops Are Bastards.

How did this even get to trial? Did nobody in the prosecution watch the video?

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I think my mass effect is broken
He should absolutely file a suit against them. Wtf.

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Whoever saw that video and saw anything that warranted an assault prosecution is probably overqualified to be an NRL referee.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

What gets me is, the very second that the cops were pushed back against, by having a magistrate see the video, they dropped the charges immediately.

If this was a lower-profile bloke who was handcuffed whilst sleeping and charged with 2 cases of assault for waving away an attempt to wake him up, then quite likely never would have been seen, and the guy would be facing some serious time.

Which is not a good thing.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Congratulations to Luke Brooks for having perhaps the largest possible impact a Tigers player could have on Finals.

Dirty Frank
Jul 8, 2004

Anyone know what McGuire said to get sent off?

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!

Dirty Frank posted:

Nothing as yet, and checking the Discord nobody has posted anything either. I think I heard an audible "gently caress" then its hard to tell.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Dirty Frank posted:

He's owed a few anyway.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Dirty Frank posted:

"gently caress me, oval office."

Dirty Frank
Jul 8, 2004

Dan Didio posted:

"gently caress me, oval office."

Lol its like he posted in GBS.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Good news just keeps coming for the Titans.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Hopefully he can find somewhere that he won't be persecuted for being an anti vaxxer.