Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snackula
Aug 1, 2013

hedgefund wizard

Khablam posted:

I'm glad some things stayed the same this week, like LC reminding everyone she watches the legal stream thank you very much.

Shout out to F1TV for only taking credit cards and screening out prepaid ones so the prepaid card I got specifically so I could give money to dogshit 1990s websites that accept no other form of payment (I originally got it to register here) doesn't work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
https://twitter.com/WilliamsRacing/status/1302635140527591425

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Snackula posted:

Shout out to F1TV for only taking credit cards and screening out prepaid ones so the prepaid card I got specifically so I could give money to dogshit 1990s websites that accept no other form of payment (I originally got it to register here) doesn't work.
F1TV was built by Ferrari. Fails more often than even the 'privateer' solutions and it's always at least a lap behind.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Khablam posted:

F1TV was built by Ferrari. Fails more often than even the 'privateer' solutions and it's always at least a lap behind.

Brakes more reliably.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

learnincurve posted:

No description can do it justice, so much happened that the people in the thread on a 5 min delay were still reacting when new batshit insane thing happened, for the whole race.

I switched streams and was only like 2 minutes back by the end :v:

But it was absolutely bonkers. Such a feel good story for gasly. I'm willing to say: un bon mec

Rags to Liches
Mar 11, 2008

future skeleton soldier

I'm thrilled for Gasly getting a win, especially before Albon

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Isn't RBR the issue, not either driver?

Brass Hand
Feb 27, 2020

Rinkles posted:

Isn't RBR the issue, not either driver?

Horner

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

I didn’t know you could take your pit stop on a red flag. That’s messed up.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Dinosaurs! posted:

I didn’t know you could take your pit stop on a red flag. That’s messed up.

What about eating ice cream?

Banzai 3
May 8, 2007
I'm only here for the weekly 24 bitchfest.
Pillbug
What a race. Still smiling about this one.

You knew it was good when there were 600 unread posts from the start.

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

Khablam posted:

I thought it’s Tata Communications, or do they only do maintenance?

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

That was a fun race

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Anyone have a picture of gasly sitting on the podium from that camera that was up there with them? He was sitting kind of staring off with a smile on his face, looking like someone who's overcome some poo poo

Like this but from the camera that's there on the left.

Diet Crack posted:

Big Gaz Reflections

ilmucche fucked around with this message at 19:52 on Sep 6, 2020

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Nick Soapdish posted:

To be fair, he didn't know who else was on the podium but knew Gasly won

He literally made a point of fist bumping them all at the end of the race, it was right there on the global feed. It was petulant as gently caress to pretend he didn't know who was on the podium.

Like I get he's pissed that Mercedes dropped the ball, but it's not like he's in any danger of losing this title by anything less than a loving mile. His drive was absolutely sublime and made Bottas look even more hilariously poo poo than the first lap.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
Good show.

Pragmatica
Apr 1, 2003

ilmucche posted:

Anyone have a picture of gasly sitting on the podium from that camera that was up there with them? He was sitting kind of staring off with a smile on his face, looking like someone who's overcome some poo poo

Like this but from the camera that's there on the left.

F1 instagram has this one: https://www.instagram.com/p/CEzaLW7jvQ6/?igshid=1l6fw65nejp62

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Ah it's good, I but there was one really zoomed in with him smiling as he sat there. It was heartwarming

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Theophany posted:

He literally made a point of fist bumping them all at the end of the race, it was right there on the global feed. It was petulant as gently caress to pretend he didn't know who was on the podium.

Like I get he's pissed that Mercedes dropped the ball, but it's not like he's in any danger of losing this title by anything less than a loving mile. His drive was absolutely sublime and made Bottas look even more hilariously poo poo than the first lap.

Don't know how realistic that was, but Mercedes was hoping/expecting him to make it to 6th. (According to the commentary)

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

bwoah, is that yet another podium for are lance?

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
if mercedes listened to hamilton the guy could have been 4 lol, that car is on another league.

bottas is poo poo

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Zeta Acosta posted:

if mercedes listened to hamilton the guy could have been 4 lol, that car is on another league.

bottas is poo poo

What did Hamilton say?

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

ilmucche posted:

Ah it's good, I but there was one really zoomed in with him smiling as he sat there. It was heartwarming

Take the plunge! Okay!
Feb 24, 2007

pik_d posted:

What did Hamilton say?

He wanted to push for as many laps as he was allowed (3?) to come out of the penalty stop further ahead in the pack, they made him pit immediately. Still wouldn’t have made it to P4 though

Number_6
Jul 23, 2006

BAN ALL GAS GUZZLERS

(except for mine)
Pillbug
So all we need to fix F1 is to make Mercedes do a stop-and-go penalty every race?

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

first race I can't watch live for the entire season and it's an absolute banger. so glad I kept myself unspoiled and got to watch the replay cos I got to live out the bizarre scenario of cheering Pierre fuckin Gasly around the last 3 laps of Monza to a win. Drive 2 Survive season 3 gunna be wild.

e: Toro Rosso/AT now equal Ferrari for "number of race wins at the Italian GP in the last 15 years"

NtotheTC fucked around with this message at 20:53 on Sep 6, 2020

madsushi
Apr 19, 2009

Baller.
#essereFerrari

You're welcome.

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

NtotheTC posted:

first race I can't watch live for the entire season and it's an absolute banger. so glad I kept myself unspoiled and got to watch the replay cos I got to live out the bizarre scenario of cheering Pierre fuckin Gasly around the last 3 laps of Monza to a win. Drive 2 Survive season 3 gunna be wild.

e: Toro Rosso/AT now equal Ferrari for "number of race wins at the Italian GP in the last 15 years"

Same, just finished it avoided spoilers what a race!

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

When Drive to Survive gets released do they do it weekly or all episodes at once?

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

net work error posted:

When Drive to Survive gets released do they do it weekly or all episodes at once?

all at once

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

:getin: what a binge in my future

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

As a Williams (loosely these days) fan I feel sorry for Frank. How steep this downfall has been.

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

Diet Crack posted:

As a Williams (loosely these days) fan I feel sorry for Frank. How steep this downfall has been.

There’s an art to quitting while you’re ahead

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

learnincurve posted:

Anthem started and my dog threw up a sock, which is a portend if ever I saw one.

Nostradogmus

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.
Pastor Maldonado, now and forever the last true great of Williams.

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Diet Crack posted:

Steep downfalls are one of franks weaknesses

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about

Pablo Bluth posted:

Pastor Maldonado, now and forever the last true great of Williams.

Oof, what a name to have in the record books as the last race winner of a legendary team. Lotus had Senna, Brabham had Piquet, hell even Tyrrell had Michele Alboreto but no, Williams are stuck with Pastor forever.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Mokotow posted:

There’s an art to quitting while you’re ahead

Missed the opportunity to stop watching F1 some 12 years ago.

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

Pastor last williams winner, Stroll last podium. Hell of a way to bow out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
I’m going to remember them for them for Claire going off in her last interview with; “all these haters saying “she only got the job because she’s Frank’s daughter” Well no poo poo that’s the point