Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Ibblebibble posted:

Last I heard, 3D tracking tech for full body stuff needs to be to scale to the actual person. IRL Watame must be pretty short.

It doesnt have to be, theres a one piece video floating around with zoro and brooks VAs doing a Vtuber video as Zoro and Brook, and they set Brooks model to 8m tall like he would be in One Piece and it doesnt blow anything up (aside from the model not fitting on screen)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012

This is going to be fun lol.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

I don't know enough about Rimworld to know exactly what she's talking about, but I think what she's trying to do is to mod Hololive into the game as NPC skins.

She said she got permission to play modded Rimworld (edit: because she wanted to play it with Hololive NPC skins) if it's her own mod(s?). However, she doesn't have any modding experience, and wanted to poll her listeners for advice on how to accomplish a couple things.

quote:

パーツを置き換えるタイプではなく、全体を置き換えたい

A literal translation of this is "I don't want to replace parts, I want to replace the whole." I have no idea if she means that she wants to do a total conversion, or if she means that she wants a single mod with all the changes, or if this is talking about parts in the game as a game mechanic. Never played Rimworld, so I don't have enough context to tell if I translated this correctly.

quote:

30くらい見た目つくって、ランダム登場

She wants to make about 30 different appearances (NPC skins, I assume?) and have them appear randomly.

Pollyanna fucked around with this message at 16:48 on Sep 6, 2020

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Pollyanna posted:

I don't know enough about Rimworld to know exactly what she's talking about, but I think what she's trying to do is to mod Hololive into the game as NPC skins.

She said she got permission to play modded Rimworld (edit: because she wanted to play it with Hololive NPC skins) if it's her own mod(s?). However, she doesn't have any modding experience, and wanted to poll her listeners for advice on how to accomplish a couple things.

A literal translation of this is "I don't want to replace parts, I want to replace the whole." I have no idea if she means that she wants to do a total conversion, or if she means that she wants a single mod with all the changes, or if this is talking about parts in the game as a game mechanic. Never played Rimworld, so I don't have enough context to tell if I translated this correctly.

She wants to make about 30 different appearances (NPC skins, I assume?) and have them appear randomly.

The first sentence is that she plans to play Rimworld as a Hololive member, so she wants to mod in full characters, not just accessories.

-e-
You edited it, you sly foxcat!
But I agree to your interpretation.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

NEver before seen footage of Horny Jail

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

It should be relatively easy to do because the only thing that makes a rimworld character unique is the hair and Marine could easily put in hairs for everyone, shes artistic enough to make them herself. Shed need prepare carefully to set up the characters the way she wants them instead of having them random tho

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

I think what she means by whole and not parts is that she wants to replace complete models, not just add new components used to build dynamic models. Such that everyone has correct costume etc. And someone down in the thread says you need some programming to do that.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Lurking Haro posted:

The first sentence is that she plans to play Rimworld as a Hololive member, so she wants to mod in full characters, not just accessories.

Ohhh, okay. Thanks! I interpreted Rimworldをホロメンにして as “Make Rimworld (into) Hololive members”, so I assumed that meant adding them all.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

nielsm posted:

I think what she means by whole and not parts is that she wants to replace complete models, not just add new components used to build dynamic models. Such that everyone has correct costume etc. And someone down in the thread says you need some programming to do that.

The level of skill needed is low though, low enough that I’m sure there’s someone at hololive who could plug the assets in for her relatively easily if she made outfits and hair

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Pollyanna posted:

Ohhh, okay. Thanks! I interpreted Rimworldをホロメンにして as “Make Rimworld (into) Hololive members”, so I assumed that meant adding them all.

The result is the same and all Hololive members add up to about 30 (Holy crap, so many already??)

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMw2gVZNq1k lmao kiryu coco tonight...tonight

Captain Cappy
Aug 7, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fTvLTFHqPLc

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime
Re: watame. I noticed in the video they did the other day of her and amane doing karaoke that amane consistently lined up the mic with basically her upper chest which leads me to believe she is considerably shorter than her model lol

Which is wild because her model is 4 10 at least in description. Idk if their character heights actually line up with their models height.

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde
https://twitter.com/nntmg1502/status/1302616961050791937?s=20

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

i miss lulu's old grin

Captain Cappy
Aug 7, 2008

As if Lulu would stoop to using a man-made implement to commit murder.

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Tabletops posted:

Re: watame. I noticed in the video they did the other day of her and amane doing karaoke that amane consistently lined up the mic with basically her upper chest which leads me to believe she is considerably shorter than her model lol

Which is wild because her model is 4 10 at least in description. Idk if their character heights actually line up with their models height.

Watame is supposed to be an inch taller than Kanata, that's why I complained about the scale.
Kanata holding the mic to her throat means the model's proportions are off compared to the real person. Think about it as a person in a mascot costume.
Might be a combination of longer legs, high heels and a bigger head on the model. Or she has a voice box in the throat, explaining her VA skills.

Ibblebibble posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJWrDccFa9I

Monoe playing Obra Dinn, drat. Wasn't ever expecting to see this game played by a JP Vtuber lol

I hope she keeps playing it. It's good Japanese practice for me!

Lurking Haro fucked around with this message at 20:49 on Sep 6, 2020

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

Lurking Haro posted:

Watame is supposed to be an inch taller than Kanata, that's why I complained about the scale.
Kanata holding the mic to her throat means the model's proportions are off compared to the real person. Think about it as a person in a mascot costume.
Might be a combination of longer legs, high heels and a bigger head on the model. Or she has a voice box in the throat, explaining her VA skills.

I hope she keeps playing it. It's good Japanese practice for me!

Yeah, the way she held the mic with the end pointing up is typical if you hold the mic itself at a downward angle slightly above or just at mouth level.

Anyway my guess is that the models don't necessarily fit the 'height' of the characters in the bios. Or make is just really tiny which of course could be.

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Tabletops posted:

Yeah, the way she held the mic with the end pointing up is typical if you hold the mic itself at a downward angle slightly above or just at mouth level.

Anyway my guess is that the models don't necessarily fit the 'height' of the characters in the bios. Or make is just really tiny which of course could be.

Kanata is actually 149 mm tall and flies everywhere. They just messed up the mirrors for the stream.

Kibibit
Sep 10, 2009

You must be a friend that's good at shredding!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NI0xqxBH0j4

Man I love watching VOMS interact

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

Tabletops posted:

I reject any possibility that Coco isn't like 5' 10'' and doesn't tower over all other hololive Vtubers. :colbert:

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM
I enjoy how the other girls who are only like 5' tall themselves talk about how tiny Aqua is in real life. She's basically Aoi Yuuki sized.

Captain Cappy
Aug 7, 2008

Kiryu Coco is absolutely a giant among womanlets.

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Tee-tee...

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde
Here's the Kaguya-sama author being interviewed by Inuyama Tamaki and Kagura Mea, but he's not on the call and just writes the answers on screen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6AwcuahZWc

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
he drew a louise doujin!?!?!?!?!?

Red Minjo
Oct 20, 2010

Out of the houses, which is the most blue?

The answer might not be be obvious at first.

Gravy Boat 2k

In which TMSK reveals that she had been saying "Let's kill da ho" without knowing what it meant for much longer than even the anime version of the scene had been out.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
I really love the VOMS designs. Pikamee especially is such a great avatar. They're good personalities too they have a nice mix as a unit. I mean all the vtubers have their strengths, but some of the designs are more just window dressing for the great personalities. VOMS is a full package.

Kibibit
Sep 10, 2009

You must be a friend that's good at shredding!

Jerkface posted:

I really love the VOMS designs. Pikamee especially is such a great avatar. They're good personalities too they have a nice mix as a unit. I mean all the vtubers have their strengths, but some of the designs are more just window dressing for the great personalities. VOMS is a full package.

Yeah, and the more stuff that gets translated, the more I love the other two members of VOMS, they're genuinely fun. Also I think Monoe is the first Vtuber that I could probably listen to talk forever without needing a break, she sounds so chill all the time.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Watame basically posts a "hi guys" in reddit and it almost immediately hits the front page

So much for no simp september.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
One day either the doggo or the rabbit are going to post and bring the site down.

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime
I can't see Pekora ever doing that lol. Maybe noel or flare

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Pekora would accidentally go to something awful and post here

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Pekora clicks on GBS by accident

YABAI PEKO

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM

Stairmaster posted:

Pekora would accidentally go to something awful and post here

Pekora used to post under the name Gord

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Ibblebibble posted:

Pekora clicks on GBS by accident

YABAI PEKO

5 minutes later she's shitposting pretending to be Rushia.

Doggo vs Rabbit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z9blL8Dz0yU

Captain Cappy
Aug 7, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBiYthY14V0

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?
korone's clip art shenanigans have been pretty cute in her singing stream (and in general)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

everytime someone says a seasonal anime is GOAT

Just watch the best anime ever
Korone a boomer confirmed