Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

FMguru posted:

did you recognize the guest backup vocalist? shirley manson from garbage

their last two albums have been a collections of hall & oates and van halen covers, done in their indie loungetronica style. somehow it works

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tOmKGjy-Ct0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

Shaggar posted:

the accents in far harbor are terrible. nobody knows how to do a proper maine accent.
you learn a new thing shaggar is extremely specific about every day

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
:rock:

marissa paternoster can loving shred

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

wait I didn’t know there was a jaming thread now

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

yeah and it had been decent up till now too! :hehe:

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

NoneMoreNegative posted:

eat my rear end you big gently caress

Monsters and swords again

as per

Shinku ABOOKEN posted:

if you love old scifi junk check out The Deadly Tower of Monsters. it's not a great game but the constant commentary is hilarious.

Started and finished in one session, take you maybe 5 - 5 1/2 hours to play through end-to-end without starting on secret hunting etc. I enjoyed it a fair bit, jumping off the topmost bit of the tower was worth the entrance fee.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord
dead cells is real good

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

President Beep posted:

idk, if the whole vectoring effect or w/e that is was novel back then it was probably pretty impressive. kinda like when starfox came out.

even when I was a kid I could recognize that starfox was an unplayable slide show

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Improbable Lobster posted:

dead cells is real good
enh. i’ve beaten it once on the first difficulty and haven’t been able to muster the effort to do the same thing but harder. the persistent upgrades aren’t exactly scintillating

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Uptime Sinclair posted:

enh. i’ve beaten it once on the first difficulty and haven’t been able to muster the effort to do the same thing but harder. the persistent upgrades aren’t exactly scintillating

i get that. i'm at the first ng+ and still enjoying it so different strokes i guess. if the basic unlock loop isn't enough then it isn't

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

akadajet posted:

even when I was a kid I could recognize that starfox was an unplayable slide show

oh you hosed up this time buddy

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

akadajet posted:

look at this scrub who couldn't beat starfox. lol

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team
just picked up alien: isolation on sale and so far it looks very pretty and i really appreciate the soundtrack being in the style of the original film

here's hoping it doesn't get turbo-boring and repetitive as some (tiny portion) of the reviews have indicated, but i really need something to scratch the itch that prey (2017) left me with

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

psiox posted:

just picked up alien: isolation on sale and so far it looks very pretty and i really appreciate the soundtrack being in the style of the original film

here's hoping it doesn't get turbo-boring and repetitive as some (tiny portion) of the reviews have indicated, but i really need something to scratch the itch that prey (2017) left me with
the first hour where you have to sneak by humans is kind of rough but once past that (and you first meet the alien) it’s pretty good. i bounced off but intend to return to it closer to halloween

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

I plugged in my old Steam Link box for the first time in forever; now I have an all-wired connection between the big pc and the steam box I figured I might get to run games on the projector downstairs.

Thirty-four updates to download and install, been a half-hour so far and I'm all downloaded and on install number five. This must be like owning a modern console.

it even stopped playing the haunting bgm :mad:

https://youtu.be/zE9Fcyn7j94

NoneMoreNegative fucked around with this message at 23:02 on Sep 6, 2020

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

NoneMoreNegative posted:

I plugged in my old Steam Link box for the first time in forever; now I have an all-wired connection between the big pc and the steam box I figured I might get to run games on the projector downstairs.

Thirty-four updates to download and install, been a half-hour so far and I'm all downloaded and on install number five. This must be like owning a modern console.

I love my steam link, I use it all the time. be careful though, because in some games you get massive input lag

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
I usually use mine to lay on the couch and get super high playing skyrim or mgs5 or something

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

SmokaDustbowl posted:

I usually use mine to lay on the couch and get super high playing skyrim or mgs5 or something
super high super hot remains a fun time

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

I was surprised that it's now available as an app on iOS, and also an unofficial sideload to an Amazon Fire TV; both pair up with my Xbox one pad and connect just fine, there's a small bug with the start button not working on the Fire TV but there's a workaround. I'm impressed by how far it's come from its rocky start where games would drop connection and you'd have to trek to the game pc to sort out the problem.

I wish I'd bought a Steam Controller when they were offloading then for a pittance.

(15 of 34)

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

i wish i could still get stoned without overwhelming anxiety. so much fun as a teenager getting baked and playing civ III

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Roosevelt posted:

i wish i could still get stoned without overwhelming anxiety. so much fun as a teenager getting baked and playing civ III

I never got or get anxiety when I smoke because I don't care if people know I'm high. I think the illegality of it added a lot to anxiety and the classic paranoia thing

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
anyway since this is games thread, where do you think lord british put his rat tail when he went to space?

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

SmokaDustbowl posted:

I never got or get anxiety when I smoke because I don't care if people know I'm high. I think the illegality of it added a lot to anxiety and the classic paranoia thing
big same. but apparently you can reduce anxiety/paranoia by doing an even split of cbd/thc at a moderate potency (and using less) rather than just selecting thc power-drive

nothing beats legalization tho. i used to be very paranoid i’d get caught and gently caress up my life back when weed was illegal and cool

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

SmokaDustbowl posted:

Some of the Battle Royale games give me super mad anxiety when I survive longer than anticipated because I'm dumb and bad at games but that thrill is irreplaceable.

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

NoneMoreNegative posted:

I wish I'd bought a Steam Controller when they were offloading then for a pittance.

i got one, it was $5 (including shipping i think). it sucked pretty bad tbh. you're way better off with a xbox/playstation/switch controller

Weedle
May 31, 2006

what’s worse: the steam controller touchpad or the new 3ds trackpoint?

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
is the new tony hawk any good?

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

SmokaDustbowl posted:

is the new tony hawk any good?

It's real good but I suck at stringing combos together so there's a re-learning curve now that I have to get all the skaters back up to 100%.
Game is legit fun as gently caress but they also included the bad levels I don't like.

e: the skate park creator is fun as hell too
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v65-l-nQbbc

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Video Nasty posted:

Some of the Battle Royale games give me super mad anxiety when I survive longer than anticipated because I'm dumb and bad at games but that thrill is irreplaceable.

speaking of, I got the Link running and had an hours fun with Wreckfest on a cinema sized screen with loud 5.1 sound; I beat the '3-Wheel Van vs 26 School Buses' race that had plagued me for so long, and also was last man standing in two 26-car Demolition Derbies (and also got the bonus points for required damage score and opponents wrecked) :cool:

If you like car smashing you really should take a look at it.

Bought Control, it's downloading and that's tomorrow's big screen gaming.

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

NoneMoreNegative posted:

speaking of, I got the Link running and had an hours fun with Wreckfest on a cinema sized screen with loud 5.1 sound; I beat the '3-Wheel Van vs 26 School Buses' race that had plagued me for so long, and also was last man standing in two 26-car Demolition Derbies (and also got the bonus points for required damage score and opponents wrecked) :cool:

If you like car smashing you really should take a look at it.

Wreckfest is soooo good but I beat is like the week after launch. Did they add more content to the game or do I have to rely on the Steam workshop for that?

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Video Nasty posted:

Wreckfest is soooo good but I beat is like the week after launch. Did they add more content to the game or do I have to rely on the Steam workshop for that?

honestly idk as it's a game I only play rarely, but I don't think I added any user-made cars and also don't remember there being combine harvesters and driving two-seat sofas when I first installed it.

lol I put a 'derby mix' of cars in a banger race and got a couple of the armchair racers, tail-shunted one on the long home straight and launched the driver off down the tarmac, ragdolling through a big pile of tires. I lmaoed loudly at the replay from several angles.

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

Weedle posted:

what’s worse: the steam controller touchpad or the new 3ds trackpoint?

the steam controller’s touchpads work extremely well, the problem was never with the build quality or the functionality; people just didn’t like the design

buy an 8BitDo SN30 Pro+

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

SmokaDustbowl posted:

anyway since this is games thread, where do you think lord british put his rat tail when he went to space?

cyrostasis chamber

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

pseudorandom name posted:

the steam controller’s touchpads work extremely well, the problem was never with the build quality or the functionality; people just didn’t like the design

buy an 8BitDo SN30 Pro+

i heard good things about the pads and stuff and also that it felt like some gamecube era madcatz poo poo that you would give to the friend you didn't like

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

was it ultima or might and magic that had some weird sci fi space poo poo in some of the games like a twist third act or w/e

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Uptime Sinclair posted:

was it ultima or might and magic that had some weird sci fi space poo poo in some of the games like a twist third act or w/e
m&m was the one where the final dungeons had you fighting robots in steel corridors and using dropped laser pistols

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Ultima 1 definitely had some space poo poo going on later in the game

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

i heard good things about the pads and stuff and also that it felt like some gamecube era madcatz poo poo that you would give to the friend you didn't like

there is no reason to use any gamepad that isn't an xbox one controller

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

lol this is right on the nose. the one controller is so much nicer. the main strength of the steam controller is the novelty of tweaking all the things and trying combos. ultimately, it's just a lot for what is a solved problem

i tried elite: dangerous with it, thinking the mix of control and pointer would make for a fun fusion, but it was so much more work than a keyboard and mouse, which didnt seem right at all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
finally, a gaming opinion from someone i can trust

https://twitter.com/MiaFarrow/status/1302745386092822535

FMguru fucked around with this message at 05:08 on Sep 7, 2020