Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

I almost had one of those but a T28 sniped the last 10 or so hp. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007
Having the worst run ever. My win rate is tanking hard, this marathon and the combination of whatever updates has made mm complete trash.

And I keep getting chat banned for 3 days, so I can't let these worthless shitheads know how bad they are at the game and how they irritate me so much with their lameass retarded tank play.

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007
I jumped into my T28-F30 and slogged my way back to 50% for the day.

Stupid game.

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.

moolchaba posted:

Having the worst run ever. My win rate is tanking hard, this marathon and the combination of whatever updates has made mm complete trash.

And I keep getting chat banned for 3 days, so I can't let these worthless shitheads know how bad they are at the game and how they irritate me so much with their lameass retarded tank play.

Mission Marathons always make the game almost unbearable. Just hordes of idiots trying to get the game over as quickly as possible. It's why almost all games in the last week have just been 15-3 stomps or just murder blobs of tanks chasing each other around the map.

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007

Dravs posted:

Mission Marathons always make the game almost unbearable. Just hordes of idiots trying to get the game over as quickly as possible. It's why almost all games in the last week have just been 15-3 stomps or just murder blobs of tanks chasing each other around the map.

This one seems in particular worse than previous Marathon missions. I really think they screwed something up with Matchmaker.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret
We always have this conversation about weekend / marathon tanks. This one really is nothing new or special honestly.

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007

Katamari Democracy posted:

We always have this conversation about weekend / marathon tanks. This one really is nothing new or special honestly.

But... THIS TIME I'm right.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret
Someone giving you fanmail? Make sure you remind the community that Black Lives Matter.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Der Shovel posted:

You've heard of parallel parking, now try stacked parking!

Last time I tried this sort of thing I loving missed :buddy:

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Someone giving you fanmail? Make sure you remind the community that Black Lives Matter.

That dude has 50k battles more than you and basically the same WN8 over the past 1k games. He shouldn't be talking poo poo because his stats are shameful. 15 Aces in 57k games. :psypop:

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

McGavin posted:

15 Aces in 57k games. :psypop:
What the gently caress?! As in 15 individual awards including repeats on a vehicle, or 15 different vehicles with an Ace badge? If it's the latter then I'd be less surprised, because padders gonna pad there are some sad fuckers out there that will have 57k battles with 50k of them in a T67.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

15 vehicles with Ace badges out of almost 200.

To compare, I have almost as many games, just over 500 tanks, and almost 400 Ace badges.

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

The fact that you cared enough to come here and paste a screenshot and then someone else looks up his tank game statistics etc is exactly what someone wants when they spend 4 seconds sending you a lovely message in a video game. If you're spending more time thinking about it than they spent sending the message they've won by default.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret
I don't have alot of ace badges and you know what that is A-OK. I just think its funny when someone comes along to tell me to uninstall or quit playing Tier X just because they see my stats.

VelociBacon posted:

The fact that you cared enough to come here and paste a screenshot and then someone else looks up his tank game statistics etc is exactly what someone wants when they spend 4 seconds sending you a lovely message in a video game. If you're spending more time thinking about it than they spent sending the message they've won by default.

Oh shut up. It's fanmail.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

VelociBacon posted:

No, they want to make you feel lovely and make themselves feel superior. Using their stats to prove that they're actually trash makes them flip the gently caress out.

I don't have alot of ace badges and you know what that is A-OK. I just think its funny when someone comes along to tell me to uninstall or quit playing Tier X just because they see my stats.

You have only 7k games. Don't worry about it.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

ZogrimAteMyHamster posted:

Last time I tried this sort of thing I loving missed :buddy:

Same. I've flown off into the depths off more cliffs than I can count trying to nail those goomba stomps.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret

McGavin posted:

You have only 7k games. Don't worry about it.

Oh I am not going to worry about it even past 10k and beyond. I pretty much accepted what the community is and will just roll with the punches.

On another note I did leave Pansy and would like to say its on my own good terms. Recently I found a new clan that does advancements and they have been a huge help on my game. So I hope with this experience moving forward I can be a little bit better than I was before.

I was not joking about [4HIM] earlier in the thread. Had another advancement with them last night and it was the usual them playing tech tree tanks and when they lose they all switched to Obj 279e and T95/FV4201 Chieftain. Those guys are insane.

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

In Mypos, only the strong survive.

I just ran into a player with 15000 games in the E25. Stunningly, he only shot gold.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Bulky Bartokomous posted:

I just ran into a player with 15000 games in the E25. Stunningly, he only shot gold.

Who would have thought...

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Yesterday's session was a complete shitshow of endless +2 MM in a 4/5/6 setup. What loving fun.

Longbike
Sep 7, 2011

ZogrimAteMyHamster posted:

Yesterday's session was a complete shitshow of endless +2 MM in a 4/5/6 setup. What loving fun.

I've been playing again with a friend after about 7 years of not touching the game and at least 3/4 of our matches this weekend we've been on the bottom end of the spread unless we roll out the T9/T10 tanks. Makes grinding up the new trees pretty painful.

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
Console has changed it so that up to tier4 has +1/-1 MM and it actually works pretty well. Tier5/6 suffer a little as they don't get to be +2 ever but those two tiers being +2 has never been balanced due to how big the jump is at tank quality between 4 and 5. It's certainly brought tier4 tanks to life somewhat.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
https://i.imgur.com/ntcAcMc.mp4

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

sometimes you just fly to close to the sun

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

I was initially going to say, "that E-25 is pants-on-head r*t*rd*d," and then that extended to the 432, and then the O-Ni, and the other O-Ni.... :stare:

I thought you were going to drive right into his side and shoot him but was pleased to see you do the right thing and swerve right so you could complete a perfect goomba! Thank you for your service! :patriot:

Bulky Bartokomous posted:

That's not the best example of gold-spamming, though; if it had better AP ammo, and a higher capacity, then it would be viable to take a more balanced loadout. As it stands, it's like the AMX 13 57 where you can make do with AP against plenty of the tanks you see, but can't afford to be stuck unable to pen some of the other tanks, so WG pretty much requires you to take full APCR to be competitive. It would be a different story if we were talking about, say, a Skorpion G, or anything else that absolutely does not need to spam gold to be competitive. If the WoT ammo system was like WoWS where you have unlimited ammo and just pay for what you shoot then we'd see a lot less gold spam.

Well, the important thing is that youtried.gif :toot:

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
https://i.imgur.com/bTZnAHc.mp4

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

kemikalkadet posted:

I only play T10 arty but counter battery is still pretty common there. What was the tracer nerf? I took a 5 year break from the game and came back just under a year ago but it still seems as easy as it used to be.

Tracers used to appear for everyone regardless of where they were looking, so anytime you heard an arty splash, you could quickly scan around the area to see where it came from. People got so paranoid that they would actually sit outside the bushes to fire just to throw the counter battery off enough to relocate safely.

It got nerfed because modders figured out how to make tracers decay incredibly slowly and basically pinpoint the edge of the gun barrel (including tanks/TDs), which made maps like Komarin even more of a joy to play

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

This is fantastic.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

He don't miss!!!!!!!!

Also, the side view is fantastic and really illustrates how loving gigantic those Jap HTs are.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
https://i.imgur.com/KyVczzS.mp4

No Cap!

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc
Oh nice, an Overlord jump.

*cuts to side shot*

I scared my dog awake giggling like a fool.

I demand that be put in the OP. <3

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Some guy wrote a master's thesis on equipment 2.0.

A good read if you're still considering other equipment besides optics, rammer, vstab.

Quincy Smallvoice
Mar 18, 2006

Bitches leave

McGavin posted:

Some guy wrote a master's thesis on equipment 2.0.

A good read if you're still considering other equipment besides optics, rammer, vstab.

ah, he's been talking about "THE DOCUMENT" for a while now. Glad its out. Solid streamer. Only US streamer I can stomach tbh

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret
After many weeks of kicking myself in the butt with the IS-M. I finally got through with the grind on it.

Somehow got a mastery game on it while doing 400 blocking in a Tier X game!

And the new Tier IX herself:

This tank is soooooo good if you like blocking damage. The three games I played in so far tanks just point but dont shoot at me even when angled right in front of them. Its hilarious.

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

Okay, so I mentioned this a while back but never tried it, and no one else I could find really gave it a try either. I reconfigured my T26E4 Super Pershing with Turbo/Grousers/Rammer.

I had been running Turbo/Rammer/Vstab for a while, and the Turbo made a decent difference, but difference after adding grousers seemed equally substantial. It's almost astounding by comparison. I can now straight hit 40+ kph on flat ground that's dirt, not just asphalt. This really changes how I can use it, especially since it gets preferential matchmaking and never sees tier 10s.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

I finished the tier 7 Polish MT (CS-44?) albeit after using several BP pieces. It was playable, but forgettable. The tier 8 (CS-53) is more comfortable, particularly after free XPing the top gun, which is respectable at-tier. The engine is badly needed, especially after mounting the top turret. It kind of feels like a slightly quicker, less-armored T-44. I probably won't keep this one either, but it's been absolutely fine to play for the several battles I put in it.

The battles I had tonight, on the other hand, were atrocious. Almost 6k damage wasn't enough to get a win in the E75. I'm more relaxed playing this game, however, after both shutting off in-game chat and now adopting Skill's "you can't win 'em all, just try to 'get some use of all this'" mindset.

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc

Atomizer posted:

I finished the tier 7 Polish MT (CS-44?) albeit after using several BP pieces. It was playable, but forgettable. The tier 8 (CS-53) is more comfortable, particularly after free XPing the top gun, which is respectable at-tier. The engine is badly needed, especially after mounting the top turret. It kind of feels like a slightly quicker, less-armored T-44. I probably won't keep this one either, but it's been absolutely fine to play for the several battles I put in it.

The battles I had tonight, on the other hand, were atrocious. Almost 6k damage wasn't enough to get a win in the E75. I'm more relaxed playing this game, however, after both shutting off in-game chat and now adopting Skill's "you can't win 'em all, just try to 'get some use of all this'" mindset.

Yeah, the second I lose the Skill-branded zen bullshit, I get too mad to perform well...

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

I wish I could feel like a fresh pickle too.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
I had rammer, optics and the bounty vertical stabilizer on the CS-53 but is working way better with the Turbo charger and rotation mechanism.

CS-52 works great with stabilizer, rammer and optics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret
Why Vstab? Tank already has great gun handling. I'm using the equipment the reward gave me but going to be replacing the turbo with optics in the future.