Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

learnincurve posted:

I’m going to remember them for them for Claire going off in her last interview with; “all these haters saying “she only got the job because she’s Frank’s daughter” Well no poo poo that’s the point

Tbh that loving owned and I thought she was brilliant for calling it out.

Shame about the whole team going down the shitter because of it though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011
Nothing like hearing "Vettel is getting pressured by George Russell" during a race broadcast

jazzyhattrick
Jul 1, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Get this...

Pube-Diarrhoea Failrrari.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

jazzyhattrick posted:

Get this...

Pube-Diarrhoea Failrrari.

Ferrari were the lynchpin for today not being a snooze fest. Admittedly not how I'd like them to be, but hey ho.

jazzyhattrick
Jul 1, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Theophany posted:

Ferrari were the lynchpin for today not being a snooze fest. Admittedly not how I'd like them to be, but hey ho.

They are truly gifted in the art of failure.

Failure artists.

Fartists.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Lance Stroll is 4th in the WDC lol

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Maybe Albon can just skip being relegated to alpha tauri and instead go back to the racing crime syndicate he calls a family

also maybe f1 can kick the perpetual podium brigade in the balls more often, this owned

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Throw Binotto into the sea.

Pierre is cool/good and he earned that.

I happy for the near double podium from my long time posting pal Wicka's favorite race car team, McLaren.

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man

FAUXTON posted:

Maybe Albon can just skip being relegated to alpha tauri and instead go back to the racing crime syndicate he calls a family

also maybe f1 can kick the perpetual podium brigade in the balls more often, this owned

Surely a reverse grid lineup,

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Minto Took posted:

Throw Binotto into the sea.

Pierre is cool/good and he earned that.

I happy for the near double podium from my long time posting pal Wicka's favorite race car team, McLaren.

They are a good team, OP

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Powershift posted:

Lance Stroll is 4th in the WDC lol

He's really good

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

are lants

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

I think I’ll switch my favorite frenchman from Charle to Pierre.

Yes, I know he’s from Monaco, don’t @ me.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
not reading all these posts but presumably they are mainly about how a horrible drinks company are so small time they have allowed a frog faced weirdo perma-child to render a team so toxic that proper good drivers can be bullied into looking so shite that simply removing them from such circumstances means they can beat schumacher/senna once in a century level talents.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

NotJustANumber99 posted:

not reading all these posts but presumably they are mainly about how a horrible drinks company are so small time they have allowed a frog faced weirdo perma-child to render a team so toxic that proper good drivers can be bullied into looking so shite that simply removing them from such circumstances means they can beat schumacher/senna once in a century level talents.

Oh poo poo, I didn't know [insert racing team here] made a beverage!

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Thanks Ants posted:

They are a good team, OP

:hmmyes:

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

alpha tauri is a clothing brand

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Diet Crack posted:

As a Williams (loosely these days) fan I feel sorry for Frank. How steep this downfall has been.

Don't worry, he has a lot of time to sit around and think about it.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting

Diet Crack posted:

As a Williams (loosely these days) fan I feel sorry for Frank. How steep this downfall has been.

It's for the best it's happened now, in any other era he wouldn't even have been able to harvest the energy.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Zeta Acosta posted:

so in maranello are looking to replace binoto with some mercedes dude and are making a fund just to poach talent from other teams also:

https://twitter.com/Vetteleclerc/status/1300700957790081025

disgraceful sf1000

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

ahem it's auto racing not prancing horse racing

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Powershift posted:

bwoah, is that yet another podium for are lance?
I believe the word you're looking for is Strodium

acidx
Sep 24, 2019

right clicking is stealing
So did Stroll just not pit then? It said he had 0 pit stops when they were all coming around to pit, and he stayed out and that's how he got ahead of the pack. Gasly must have pitted after the incident but before the pit lane was closed, because I saw him pit a bit before Lewis did.

Edit: Everyone pitted and Stroll stayed out, and then they were able to change his tires during the red flag without him losing the time. That's pretty lovely.

acidx fucked around with this message at 04:41 on Sep 7, 2020

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos
What a great drive for a guy who has had to put up with so much negativity over the course of his short F1 career. Not so long ago, people were questioning whether he even belonged in F1 simply because he wasn't always up there with his teammate.

Then to bring this home for a team that so many regard as a shadow of the "real thing," or whatever. And you don't see that kind of passion every day. Even the haters had to respect that.

Lance Stroll, Driver of the Day. Today and forever.

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
Lance Stroll loving sucks, got a free pit box and lost three places at the restart lmao

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari

Zeta Acosta posted:

Lance Stroll loving sucks, got a free pit box and lost three places at the restart lmao

Idk I check the driver standings and I see him sitting 4th. Which I'd say is empirically not sucking.

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

The Big Jesus posted:

Idk I check the driver standings and I see him sitting 4th. Which I'd say is empirically not sucking.

Seems like the exception that proves the rule

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari

spaceblancmange posted:

Seems like the exception that proves the rule

How does an exception even prove a rule? It is, in fact, evidence that such a rule is untrue.

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Lance was gifted a win, and hosed it up and came 3rd.

ROFLBOT
Apr 1, 2005

The Big Jesus posted:

Bottas is 2nd in the championship.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

shyduck posted:

ahem it's auto racing not prancing horse racing

their coach is literally named "Bin Auto"

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Still laughing at removing Party Mode has hindered most teams, but not Mercedes :xd:

Well outside of Bottas being unable to pass anyone.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Lewis going from last to 7th was awesome to watch

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Zeta Acosta posted:

Flying off at Roggia was peak Lance Stroll SucksTM.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Metapod posted:

Lewis going from last to 7th was awesome to watch

Turns out it's actually kind of fun to watch Hamilton when he's overtaking people and not just cruising the clean air and forcing backmarkers to yield

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001
Happy for Pierre, hard to watch when he was being screwed over by RBR in that Drive to Survive series.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
I love it when people get caremad about Are Lance kickin' rear end and takin' podiums. :dukedoge:

Griefor
Jun 11, 2009

Halo14 posted:

Happy for Pierre, hard to watch when he was being screwed over by RBR in that Drive to Survive series.

The thing about Gasly is that he's so much better in the Alpha Tauri than he was in the Red Bull.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
*Helmut Marco appears out of nowhere to blather on about how he wasn’t ready before but now he’s grown as a driver and “noooo, I don’t think his poor performance at red bull before had anything to do with preferential treatment of Max, we treat both our drivers exactly the same”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

French radio talking about gasly winning and they played a clip from the broadcast. I know we all say sky has trouble getting off hamilton's nuts but the french broadcast was literally a guy screaming "accelere! Accelere! Vas y pierre!!" French commentary in all sports is insanely homerific and biased.