Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

Uptime Sinclair posted:

was it ultima or might and magic that had some weird sci fi space poo poo in some of the games like a twist third act or w/e

i never played much of the might and magic series, but in m&m x there's definitely an npc who's an alien collecting samples of the minotaurs and chimeras you kill before he flies back to planet x

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost
Steam controller had some buttons on the back as well which was nice

There are definitely upsides and downsides to the existence of a de facto standard for the design of game controllers

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe

FMguru posted:

finally, a gaming opinion from someone i can trust

https://twitter.com/MiaFarrow/status/1302745386092822535

shes not wrong

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Improbable Lobster posted:

dead cells is real good

The PAL version is called Dandruff.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

There's Sci-Fi poo poo in literally all old-timey stat-based computer adventure games.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

3D Megadoodoo posted:

There's Sci-Fi poo poo in literally all old-timey stat-based computer adventure games.
hosed up if true

Tanith
Jul 17, 2005

Alpha, Beta, Gamma cores
Use them, lose them, salvage more
Kick off the next AI war
In the Persean Sector

Roosevelt posted:

i never played much of the might and magic series, but in m&m x there's definitely an npc who's an alien collecting samples of the minotaurs and chimeras you kill before he flies back to planet x

I have always wondered what Heroes of Might and Magic 3 could have been like if it went with the forge.

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

as punishing it is, Diabotical is a really charming attempt to allow a soft entry into a q3a clone. i have played a couple of rounds with way better friends each night since it released, and have found it a nice little adrenaline peak to wrap up the active part of the evening on.

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

pulled out my old wired xbox 360 controller for some TONY HAWK on PC and the rubberized stuff on the thumb sticks is rubbing off and making a mess

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

as punishing it is, Diabotical is a really charming attempt to allow a soft entry into a q3a clone. i have played a couple of rounds with way better friends each night since it released, and have found it a nice little adrenaline peak to wrap up the active part of the evening on.

yeah i've been watching my friend play it. i'm probably gonna grab it sometime soon. it'll make a great LAN game

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
i think i finally wrapped superhot: mind control delete. i’m not going to let it run for 2.5 hours or w/e tae gently caress. better things to do

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Kuvo posted:

shes not wrong
https://twitter.com/MiaFarrow/status/1303094816712974336

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Does any knowledgeable jamester know if the following exists; a joypad with:

a) offset analog sticks
b) a gyro
c) analog triggers

Xbox One pad has A&C, PS Pad has B&C and Switch Pro Pad has A&B :mad:

(and Bluetooth connect, natch)

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

steam controller :getin:

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

CJS: Just ended the epic fight against the Red Death. It was touch and go for a moment.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

3D Megadoodoo posted:

CJS: Just ended the epic fight against the Red Death. It was touch and go for a moment.

sorry about your bloody flux

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

offset analog sticks are bad

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

played the ageless demo, a puzzle platformer. seems like it'd be fun for people who like doing a bunch of timed moves in rapid succession but it's not for me

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

qirex posted:

negative

Feisty-Cadaver
Jun 1, 2000
The worms crawl in,
The worms crawl out.

qirex posted:

wow wtf

Samuel L. ACKSYN
Feb 29, 2008

i'm playing dead rising 2 right now. i vaguely remember playing some of it but this is basically the first time i've really played it, and uh

why is the game so horny

theres playboy posters everywhere, women are grabbing each others tits, people yelling "it takes a better man than you to get me on my knees" and every women seems to want to bang the main character

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
hey if anyone ever played eve now's a good time to start playing again

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Stereotype posted:

hey if anyone ever played eve now's a good time to start playing again

lol no

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Samuel L. ACKSYN posted:

i'm playing dead rising 2 right now. i vaguely remember playing some of it but this is basically the first time i've really played it, and uh

why is the game so horny

theres playboy posters everywhere, women are grabbing each others tits, people yelling "it takes a better man than you to get me on my knees" and every women seems to want to bang the main character

its a capcom game op

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

NoneMoreNegative posted:

Does any knowledgeable jamester know if the following exists; a joypad with:

a) offset analog sticks
b) a gyro
c) analog triggers

Xbox One pad has A&C, PS Pad has B&C and Switch Pro Pad has A&B :mad:

(and Bluetooth connect, natch)

seems like any 3rd party ps4 controller with xbox style layout is out of production, you might have better luck looking once the next gen launches

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Jenny Agutter posted:

seems like any 3rd party ps4 controller with xbox style layout is out of production, you might have better luck looking once the next gen launches

A good thought

https://www.techradar.com/uk/reviews/nacon-revolution-unlimited-pro-controller

drat this poo poo is expensive, all I wanted was to try the gyro fps aiming stuff I posted upthread a bit :mad:

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

i’m finally playing hitman (albeit through the hitman 2 engine). i don’t think i like it the way that most people who like the game like it but i’ll probably see the story through to the end at least

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Yeah RIP

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
god, the actual game part of shadowrun hong kong sucks so bad and basically everything else is so great

yes, you may be an ork shaman wielding an smg but by god you are a hongkonger and therefore you eat that weird macaroni noodle poo poo that hongkongers and ime no other even cantonese peeps eat

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

bob dobbs is dead posted:

god, the actual game part of shadowrun hong kong sucks so bad and basically everything else is so great

yes, you may be an ork shaman wielding an smg but by god you are a hongkonger and therefore you eat that weird macaroni noodle poo poo that hongkongers and ime no other even cantonese peeps eat
i liked shadowrun sk, usually you have some self-determining retroactive story choices to work within and that’s fine

also imo selecting dialogue options and reading flavor text are not the “actual game part” of that game

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
the xcom clone sucks

the visual novel bits are so fuckon good, insanely deep cuts in the decades old rpg poo poo, an upper undergrad understanding of japanese lit just stuck in there for no reason somehow without being too weeby, your relationship with the dude who fuckin sells you drones is better fleshed out than some AAA protag developments, to the extent that i stood there for minutes saying "what the gently caress did i just read"

bob dobbs is dead fucked around with this message at 13:33 on Sep 9, 2020

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

bob dobbs is dead posted:

the xcom clone sucks

the visual novel bits are so fuckon good, insanely deep cuts in the decades old rpg poo poo, an upper undergrad understanding of japanese lit just stuck in there for no reason somehow without being too weeby, your relationship with the dude who fuckin sells you drones is better fleshed out than some AAA protag developments, to the extent that i stood there for minutes saying "what the gently caress did i just read"
these are all reasonable points. i say the writing may not be the game but that doesn’t mean i didn’t generally love it

i found the “game” part is more tolerable since dragonfall where you first get your runners with two specialization tracks. the rigger and the ghoul samurai are a lot of fun in that respect. also i found playing an area of effect combat mage made the “game” more fun

the bonus minicampaign for hk was kinda meh

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

into the breach is a lot of fun

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
bet your mom thinks otherwise

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

t:mad:

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

I wanted to like the shadowrun games but nothing about them gets beyond OK. Like there isn't really any innovation going on.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

PIZZA.BAT posted:

into the breach is a lot of fun
i got it free from pop steam epic, it’s good but didn’t grab me like FTL did. still, solid game

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

pointsofdata posted:

I wanted to like the shadowrun games but nothing about them gets beyond OK. Like there isn't really any innovation going on.

playing games for the innovation is like eating soup because you like having the whole piping hot bowl spill on your lap

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

i got the shadowruns for free on the epic store and they're worth the price