Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who?
Tifa
Aerith
Aeris
View Results

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

HD DAD posted:

Advent Children is really bad, and the only reason we got so hyped over it was because it was cool seeing Cloud in good-for-the-time CGI.

So good Red XIII gets like 5 seconds of screentime.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

the Sephiroth fight in advent children was so bad, especially in the theatrical cut

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
AC is pretty bad but I love it so much

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!
Dilly dally shilly shally

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

HD DAD posted:

I’m going to be controversial and say I’ve been disappointed with almost every version of OWA outside of the original. The orchestral versions somehow don’t pack as much punch by omitting the almost industrial beat of the in-game version.
I'll be further controversial and say I was disappointed by One Winged Angel when FF6 had this for the final boss theme, which is also one of the longest themes I can think of in a video game that isn't ambient music:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbXVNKtmWnc&hd=1

and when you give it actual instrumentation instead of midi, it really shows its power

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nqPP9tp6PKo&hd=1

compared to Dancing Mad, OWA just felt inferior to me.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

I liked Reno and Rude in AC.

And Rufus diving off the side of that building was cool.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
OWA sounds good orchestrated but Nobuo just wasn't able to do a job as good with the PS1 architecture after years of completely mastering the SNES soundboard, which is also pretty drat good.

The Extreme on the other hand is so loving good and no one cares about it sadly.

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

Elentor posted:

OWA sounds good orchestrated but Nobuo just wasn't able to do a job as good with the PS1 architecture after years of completely mastering the SNES soundboard, which is also pretty drat good.

The Extreme on the other hand is so loving good and no one cares about it sadly.

In my experience everybody loves The Extreme. In fact, all of FFVIII's final boss themes get a ton of love except The Legendary Beast which was the best one yet never got a Black Mages cover.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
No one brings it up though :colbert: It's all Dancing Mads and The Dark Messengers and FFXIVs.

Somebody gotta stand up for good old Ulti.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

lol what the gently caress

who gets butthurt and defensive about advent children in 2020? good gracious.

responding to a basic criticism with the word "butthurt" is definitely timely and cool

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT
sounds like someone has a case of the mondays

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

call him a douchebag next i love when the fellas do that in apatow movies

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

I’m fully expecting to get a version of The Extreme in Final Fantasy XIV, because the current raid tier is FFVIII themed and one of the characters may or may not be posessed by Ultimecia

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Nail Rat posted:

Dilly dally shilly shally

Hell yeah that's the stuff

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Did someone mention THE EXTREME

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPe9D_f3Nfg

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Elentor posted:

Unfortunately it's attached to FF8

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
Almost every decision that went into making FF8 is beautifully nonsensical, and the game is better for it.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Moola posted:

AC is pretty bad but I love it so much

:hmmyes:

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

The hard mode run has been pretty quick so far and actually the materia/equipment make for most of the difference. I haven't been any situation low in mp which most people complain about for hard mode. Still early on but I remember struggling in the airbuster fight in normal and a few other spots. HP absorb is so busted and bloodsucker, they were kinda meh in normal in hard they are lifesavers.

Ulio fucked around with this message at 16:02 on Sep 7, 2020

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

Chip and Ironicus are finally starting their FFVIIR LP.

https://www.youtube.com/user/ChipCheezumLPs/videos

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
They abandoned the LP subforum, so gently caress em, I want nothing to do with filthy Youtubers.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
They made the right choice

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Namnesor posted:

They made the right choice

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

I haven't watched an LP or really paid too much attention to FFVIIR stuff so this is all new and exciting for me.

Barret gets a lot more focus and attention with his speech to AVALANCHE and the Shinra employees. They even have his theme playing there when you only hear it one random time in Tifa's bar in the original game.

That girl on the train supposed to be Yuffie?

Overall,m I have no interest in ever playing this game myself because turn-based supremacy but I've missed these two and I'm having fun.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Gologle posted:

They abandoned the LP subforum, so gently caress em, I want nothing to do with filthy Youtubers.
lol get a load of this guy

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
I just wanted Elentor to get far enough into her LP to talk about the giant sun lamps alluded to in her original LP (talking about power bills to light the slums, spotlights from above... it was uncanny!)

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Sorry friend, I've been really burned out. I really apologize.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

What's the difference between cut and uncut commentary on those LPs? Both episodes are the same length, but the cut commentary ones have like 200 views vs 2k on the uncut ones.

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.
Chip explains it in like the first minute of episode 1... but one of them has the commentary track muted for cutscenes (cut) and the other does not (uncut).

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Oh, okay. Uncut it is then.

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?

Elentor posted:

Sorry friend, I've been really burned out. I really apologize.

No need to apologise, many just appreciated any and all thoughts you had on the game. And your plentiful wisdom first time round!

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

NikkolasKing posted:

That girl on the train supposed to be Yuffie?

Overall,m I have no interest in ever playing this game myself because turn-based supremacy but I've missed these two and I'm having fun.

Nothing major but nonetheless:
No, she's a side character that shows up again later on and ties into some sidequests.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.

NikkolasKing posted:

Chip and Ironicus are finally starting their FFVIIR LP.

https://www.youtube.com/user/ChipCheezumLPs/videos

Oh yeah i remember Chip losing his absolute poo poo with a back to back Final Fantasy 7 Remake teaser and Shemnue 3 announcement. gently caress me that was 5 years ago

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

Motto posted:

Nothing major but nonetheless:
No, she's a side character that shows up again later on and ties into some sidequests.

Ah, thank you. She did look totally different but I wasn't sure.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Captain Invictus posted:

lol get a load of this guy

:thejoke:

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

Hi i just thought you should let you all know that the Japanese voice track is the one true way

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

titties posted:

Hi i just thought you should let you all know that the Japanese voice track is the one true way

lol, no.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
Does anyone know a guide that lists all the exact numbers / multipliers for abilities and spells? Just to learn a bit more in depth which abilities are optimal and so on.

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

titties posted:

I'm like this 99% of the time but the English voice acting in FF7R is so loving good it's by far my preferred version of the game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

titties posted:

it's a no from me