Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

PaRappa was robbed tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer
The Action Boyz this week is a 3 hours and 20 minutes for a movie that is 1 hour and 40 minutes. I'm at 2:17:48 and they are roughly thirty minutes into the film.

Just such a great podcast. :allears:

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Franchescanado posted:

The Action Boyz this week is a 3 hours and 20 minutes for a movie that is 1 hour and 40 minutes. I'm at 2:17:48 and they are roughly thirty minutes into the film.

Just such a great podcast. :allears:

What's the movie?

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer

The Ape of Naples posted:

What's the movie?

Lone Wolf McQuade, with Chuck Norris, streaming on Amazon Prime currently.

crimedog
Apr 1, 2008

Yo, dog.
You dead, dog.

Franchescanado posted:

Lone Wolf McQuade, with Chuck Norris, streaming on Amazon Prime currently.

Also free with ads on YouTube if needed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TU_t60Ty3F8

cams
Mar 28, 2003

i have listened to every single action boyz episode and have seen maybe 25% of the movies

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer

cams posted:

i have listened to every single action boyz episode and have seen maybe 25% of the movies

I just don't understand this. All of the bits are funnier knowing what's inspired it. If I want an ABZ but haven't seen the movie, I just listen to a Shadow Wolves or wait.

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔
I can listen to Action Boyz while walking my dog but I can't watch one of these lovely old movies while walking my dog so I end up listening to most of the episodes without seeing the movies.

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
Incidentally, Lone Wolf McQuade absolutely rules.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Laterite posted:

Incidentally, Lone Wolf McQuade absolutely rules.

It does. The last few movies have been really fun watches.

Casey Finnigan posted:

I can listen to Action Boyz while walking my dog but I can't watch one of these lovely old movies while walking my dog so I end up listening to most of the episodes without seeing the movies.

Sell your dog and watch more movies.

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Franchescanado posted:

I just don't understand this. All of the bits are funnier knowing what's inspired it. If I want an ABZ but haven't seen the movie, I just listen to a Shadow Wolves or wait.

i guess but its still so drat funny and i dont have a ton of time to watch the movies sadly, i try to go back and watch some of them when i do but either way, its still the funniest podcast going

Jokymi
Jan 31, 2003

Sweet Sassy Molassy
"Two full blown unknowns, just basically being mean, but mean in a way where they're really happy about it, but no one else is, and then also putting up all these barriers around the meanness where it's so specific that there's no way to even access it and feel like you're participating in it, not that you'd even want to because it appears kind of unpleasant and ghoulish, but even if you did you couldn't."

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer

boxcarhobo posted:

i guess but its still so drat funny and i dont have a ton of time to watch the movies sadly, i try to go back and watch some of them when i do but either way, its still the funniest podcast going

i listened to the kuffs episode like 3 times before i actually watched kuffs*

* it sucks

cams
Mar 28, 2003

yeah i got a job where i have 9 hours every day to fill with music or podcasts or whatever. i like it when my imagination puts together the movie from their (ben's) summary, makes it even more fun if i watch it later.

or, in the case of something like "black rain", i listen to the entire podcast and get to the end and could not tell you a single loving thing about the plot of the movie. they're funny guys, it's fun.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Jokymi posted:

"Two full blown unknowns, just basically being mean, but mean in a way where they're really happy about it, but no one else is, and then also putting up all these barriers around the meanness where it's so specific that there's no way to even access it and feel like you're participating in it, not that you'd even want to because it appears kind of unpleasant and ghoulish, but even if you did you couldn't."

I know this is an HH reference, but what show is it? An HH episode? I haven't heard this yet.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Sean says it near the end of the most recent ep with Langston Kerman, talking about how unpredictable podcasting can be that their show isn't a success but HDTGM ("hosted by paul scheer who is incredibly kind and makes a show about something people really want to hear") is

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

I don't see anyone talking about the Remain In Light ep of talking talking heads 2 my talking head, so I presume everyone has been silently enjoying the album. Tawny Newsome fit in well and I liked the dynamic between the three.

This live performance blows me away each time:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YO7N2tFb0X8

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
I just got around to listening to this week's Flagrant Ones and such a joy of an episode. Super funny and the ongoing user submitted songs rivalry is so great.

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

piratepilates posted:

I don't see anyone talking about the Remain In Light ep of talking talking heads 2 my talking head, so I presume everyone has been silently enjoying the album. Tawny Newsome fit in well and I liked the dynamic between the three.

Tawny was great, it's always nice to hear from an actual musician on these things. Not that she gets super technical but by virtue of spending a lot of time thinking about and learning their music she is capable of describing things in ways other than "this chorus is huge." And I could very much relate to getting into a band through taking a gig with a tribute act.

Also the entire Live in Rome performance is phenomenal, better than Stop Making Sense imo

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Snooze Cruise posted:

I just got around to listening to this week's Flagrant Ones and such a joy of an episode. Super funny and the ongoing user submitted songs rivalry is so great.

It's replaced HH for me in terms of what I'm looking forward to the most each week. Carl and Andy are both great, Carl's chemistry with the boys is absolutely incredible too.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
Carl is legit the funniest guy on earth. So chill. So sharp. I can’t wait til he blows up.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Puppy Galaxy posted:

Also the entire Live in Rome performance is phenomenal, better than Stop Making Sense imo

It’s awesome yeah but I still prefer Stop Making Sense if only because it’s filmed better. And yeah, Tawny was great on UTTHTMTH

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I wish Tawny Newsome was permanently the 3rd host of U Talkin Talking Heads. She's always great on every show, but her love for the band and her chemistry with the Scotts adds some much needed variety while still in the tone of the show. Great ep.

Funny that she said Remain In Light is her favorite album; those last two or three songs are snoozers.

The Orlando song on TFO was great.

Besson
Apr 20, 2006

To the sun's savage brightness he exposed the dark and secret surface of his retinas, so that by burning the memory of vengeance might be preserved, and never perish.

Franchescanado posted:

Funny that she said Remain In Light is her favorite album; those last two or three songs are snoozers.

I dunno, Listening Wind whips.

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

piratepilates posted:

I absolutely loved it. Tawny rules, she's just a great musician and really talks about music in a super engaging way.. I loved that Super Group show. I got so inspired, I made a remix of Born Under Punches https://djcrabhat.bandcamp.com/track/born-under-donks.

Franchescanado posted:

The rest of the album is just that good. I loved that philosophical discussion of "can you have skipped tracks on your favorite album?"

ManoliIsFat fucked around with this message at 16:50 on Aug 31, 2020

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

here's 18 minutes of phish playing a talking heads song

one song, just the one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7C_LpQHK6b0

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

piratepilates posted:

here's 18 minutes of phish playing a talking heads song

one song, just the one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7C_LpQHK6b0

gently caress yes

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

gotta be honest: i love cowboy tv

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

eke out posted:

it sprays the bean

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer

eke out posted:

Yeah, it's great.

I kinda wish Bang Rodgeman was more regular on HH. He's so funny on Action Boyz, and I love his chemistry with Shonk and Haye's improv.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
Bang is on one of the funniest HH episodes of all time.

Cartoons, Our Close Friends: https://www.earwolf.com/episode/cartoons-our-close-friends/

If I remember correctly they do a read through of a new script and Hayes is not in the episode. An all time great none the less.

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

monarch of the sleeping marches
I remember the first time listening to Masterclass and not really knowing Bang at all, and he plays straight man pretty much the whole time. Then after becoming a die hard ActionBoyz movie buff going back and relistening, I had a whole new appreciation.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

He was really funny on his bang bang episodes

yorkinshire
Apr 28, 2009

In space no one can hear your dope beats.
Masterclass is the greatest.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

yorkinshire posted:

And maybe Dog the Bounty Hunter is there, and he wants you to do something with that wife of his.

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

yorkinshire posted:

I think about “you ain’t Judd” all the time

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Terror Sweat posted:

He was really funny on his bang bang episodes

Supremely cowardly of them to edit out "Dar was the bouncer at the Viper Room the night River Phoenix died, and he wouldn't let them go inside to use the phone to call 911"

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer

JethroMcB posted:

Supremely cowardly of them to edit out "Dar was the bouncer at the Viper Room the night River Phoenix died, and he wouldn't let them go inside to use the phone to call 911"

Yeah, that's a great joke. CBB 3+ years ago would have left it in. :colbert:

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

Franchescanado posted:

Yeah, that's a great joke. CBB 3+ years ago would have left it in. :colbert:

ha, did they really cut that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marketed Gum
Jun 26, 2007

I really hope Scott's story about the nightmare actor on Bang Bang isn't about Jason Alexander but I have a feeling it might be.