Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Bust Rodd posted:

Yo I had completely forgotten Carl Weathers was in this show

How dare you?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Article says 8 episodes of varying lengths, probably just like season one.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Somewhat excited about the Robert Rodriguez episode

He’s good at westerns at least

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

https://twitter.com/kaermoron/status/1303323801665646592?s=20

Star Wars: The Mandalorian | That's a baby holster

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Mods?

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Yoda holsters are the hot new fashion accessory this year.

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

More photos:

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Cross-Section posted:

More photos:

Who would have thought the bantha would have the best mustache on the show?

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Banthas and Tuskens means Tatooine, and I hope that means more Ming-Na.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Aw gently caress yeah, those pictures have me excited.

Also lol @ you guys pages back calling Gina Carano "brain trauma lady", she hasn't fought pro in years and even when she did, she wasn't ever knocked out. The worst she got it was from Cris Cyborg (which ok, could be argued as potentially traumatic for anyone) and her opinion hardly makes her an out and out lovely person.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Wait till we start arguing about Rosario Dawson again. Still I’d rather have these conversations then rehash Last Jedi again...

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

quote:

“The stories become less isolated, yet each episode has its own flavor, and hopefully we’re bringing a lot more scope to the show,” executive producer Dave Filoni said. “Everything gets bigger, the stakes get higher, but also the personal story between the Child and the Mandalorian develops in a way I think people will enjoy.”

Filoni added that they’re working to make this season bigger than ever, noting: “You want The Empire Strikes Back to be better than A New Hope.”

I have, as the saying goes, a bad feeling about this.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I don’t know, everyone who made the show great in the first place is coming back except for Nick Nolte

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Madurai posted:

I mean there was always a sizeable amount of people that would come into the thread and poo poo on the latest episode regardless of its quality every week. There were strong episodes and weak episodes but overall season one was amazing. Season 2 is probably going to be more of the same, with 3 or so “holy poo poo” moments sprinkled throughout. I wouldn’t be surprised to see the final episode end with Mando taking Baby Yoda to see Ewan McGreggor on Tatoine. He’ll probably say “Hello there!” and that’s how season 2 will end.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
Er....how would that possibly work given that Obi-Wan's been dead for about a decade?

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

jivjov posted:

Er....how would that possibly work given that Obi-Wan's been dead for about a decade?

Didn’t stop him from telling Luke to go to Dagobah, did it?

Sir DonkeyPunch
Mar 23, 2007

I didn't hear no bell

Bust Rodd posted:

I don’t know, everyone who made the show great in the first place is coming back except for Nick Nolte

Taika Waititi is back?

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Bust Rodd posted:

Taika :negative:

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

jivjov posted:

I keep forgetting this is after the original trilogy. I keep thinking it’s after episode 3.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Phylodox posted:

Didn’t stop him from telling Luke to go to Dagobah, did it?

Well fair--but it's not like he's still hanging out in corporeal form on Tatooine

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

jivjov posted:

Well fair--but it's not like he's still hanging out in corporeal form on Tatooine

He is literally everywhere now. He can be on Tatooine. And you don’t need a body to tell someone to be mindful of their feelings.

Mywhatacleanturtle
Jul 23, 2006

Not a whole lot of new info, but ai’m stoked to see Esposito ham it up from the bridge of a star destroyer.

As for the broadening scope/stakes, it became clear that this was filoni taking his shot at extending the clone wars/rebels continuity into live action. Like, with the introduction of the dark saber we all knew the small, isolated scale of the show wasn’t going to last, but in spite of that, I have confidence the show runners, cast, crew and artists putting this thing together will do something interesting.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Why hasn't the thread title been changed to this yet, lmao.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Madurai posted:

It's just a remake of raising Arizona

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Yoda holster.

Yolster™.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

We're into transphobia and full on covid denial now. Shame.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
A big Woof from me.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

jivjov posted:

We're into transphobia and full on covid denial now. Shame.

Just to be clear, not from her though, right? Just from assholes trying to align themselves with her on twitter for some reason?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

thrawn527 posted:

Just to be clear, not from her though, right? Just from assholes trying to align themselves with her on twitter for some reason?

She just liked them.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

loving hell

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

thrawn527 posted:

She actively went out of her way to single out those tweets and "liked" them.

MarcusSA posted:

She just liked them.

"just liked" is just as bad imo. Ooooooof.

[edit] I guess Gina Carano is now a transphobic COVID denier. Rhonda Rhousey is a transphobic Sandy Hook truther. Are there other MMA celebrities with stupid as gently caress opinions? I'm sure there are, right?

teagone fucked around with this message at 21:45 on Sep 8, 2020

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
If someone calls you a slur, and someone gives them a high five, are they both assholes?

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

MarcusSA posted:

She just liked them.

Oh I missed that part. I find twitter's interface strange and confusing.

Yeah, that's not okay.

Generic American
Mar 15, 2012

I love my Peng

In fairness, there's a more charitable interpretation that they meant "just liked them" as in recently/today, not to play down the significance of her buddying up with transphobes.

e: guess I was the one to misread that. :eng99:

Generic American fucked around with this message at 22:02 on Sep 8, 2020

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Generic American posted:

In fairness, there's a more charitable interpretation that they meant "just liked them" as in recently/today, not to play down the significance of her buddying up with transphobes.

Well I more meant she didn’t like retweet them and stuff.

She could just auto like anything when someone @s her I dunno and I don’t care to look to be honest. She should be reading things she’s liking

Twitter is garbage though.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
And hey, she could turn around and pull a Mark Hamill and say "oh crap, I took [Statement] at face value and didn't realize the implications, my bad"

But especially the covid denier one is hard to spin any good way

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

MarcusSA posted:

Well I more meant she didn’t like retweet them and stuff.

She could just auto like anything when someone @s her I dunno and I don’t care to look to be honest. She should be reading things she’s liking

Twitter is garbage though.

If you look through her likes on twitter right now (https://twitter.com/ginacarano/likes), there's a pretty explicit pattern lmao.

[edit] Also her latest tweet got a really good repsonse:

https://twitter.com/stormpoelot/status/1303414234806616064

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

She just liked this tweet:

https://twitter.com/harleymitchy/status/1303436884157308936?s=21

So yeah, she’s trash and knows exactly what she’s doing and who she’s hurting.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Hey let’s all look at Pedro

https://twitter.com/pascaloriann/status/1303414935821733888?s=21

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

To be fair that image didn’t mention trans people so she’s being consistently lovely