Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A talking coyote
Jan 14, 2020

Zore posted:

Atlas also did this with canonical Persona 5 sequel P5 Scramble.

I'm here for it.

Lol this made me realize that we’re going to get hyrule warriors 2 a game that was just announced today before we get persona 5 scramble a game that is already out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
A handful of hours in and I’m loving paradise killer’s detective system but man traversal and the map really suck. It’s also kinda hard to appreciate the world and it’s details in handheld but I’m slowly getting adjusted. Really awesome game so far.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Cartoon Man posted:

So between the Mario 3D All Stars and Hyrule Warriors, I’m guessing Nintendo still has one more big game up its sleeves for the holiday, probably for an October or early December release. Could be Skyward Sword, but I’m guessing that gets held back for the Zelda 35th anniversary event next year. Prime Trilogy is another long shot, but doubtful. I’m going with a new Kirby game. Kirby’s crafted world would be amazing.

I would love a mainline Kirby game for the switch that has an actually good single-player campaign. Hell, just re-release Triple Deluxe and Planet Robobot. I'll buy the hell out of that.

PsychoInternetHawk
Apr 4, 2011

Perhaps, if one wishes to remain an individual in the midst of the teeming multitudes, one must make oneself grotesque.
Grimey Drawer

Sakurazuka posted:

The Switch version just let you buy items which was way better

You can only buy the generic items and iirc a lot of maps have wierd requirements for getting items in the first place, so you have to do stages in a very specific but unintuitive order

Anyway it's less good than typical musous which have you trying to conquer all of china or whatever, I'm hoping the new adventure mode has you retaking the provinces of hyrule from ganon or something

JerikTelorian
Jan 19, 2007

I've always found it strange when people are confused about * Warriors gameplay. It's the most what-you-see-on-the-tin gameplay in the world.

PsychoInternetHawk posted:

Anyway it's less good than typical musous which have you trying to conquer all of china or whatever, I'm hoping the new adventure mode has you retaking the provinces of hyrule from ganon or something

Yeah I love the province-capture metagame. Fun bit.

JerikTelorian fucked around with this message at 17:47 on Sep 8, 2020

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
So when are we getting Zelda furniture in Animal Crossing :colbert:

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!

JerikTelorian posted:

I've always found it strange when people are confused about * Warriors gameplay. It's the most what-you-see-on-the-tin gameplay in the world.

I dunno I feel like that poster nailed it in the head when he said warriors games might look like action / combat oriented games but they're more like diner dash where you have to scramble to the right stations and the combat itself is pretty forgettable. Mini-bosses especially were really annoying

In retrospect that discnnect between what it plays like and what it looks lik was part of my disappointment.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

A talking coyote posted:

Lol this made me realize that we’re going to get hyrule warriors 2 a game that was just announced today before we get persona 5 scramble a game that is already out.

sounds par for the course with how slow Persona games are to get ported or translated loving anywhere

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
It is not completely inconceivable that we get SMTV before Scramble.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
I still find it a bit shocking that Nintendo didn't have a E3 type direct this year.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
By this point I think they couldn't get the footage for all these trailers together in time and just decided to trickle them out.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Red Warrior posted:

Hey everyone new Zelda game coming this year:
https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/1303332277779341313
... Oh.

A Musou game in pre-calamity BotW Hyrule with BotW art style? loving sold.

TheDiceMustRoll posted:

Doesn't everyone die and the world ends and civilization is shattered into small pockets 100 years before BOTW?

I hope the final level is an endless horde mode. Doesn't matter how many thousands of bokoblins and guardians you destroy, you still gotta fall at some point and get taken to the healing chamber.

John Wick of Dogs posted:

Fi could still be in there

Smash Bros is canon.

So we should get Ike and Jigglypuff in Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity. :getin:

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Evil Fluffy posted:

A Musou game in pre-calamity BotW Hyrule with BotW art style? loving sold.

Dude seriously this is a dope AF idea and it's gonna sell like hotcakes. Great way to also slide in that BotW2's gonna take a while longer, so hey, enjoy this awesome Musou game!

Weedle
May 31, 2006

these mfers are really trying to unload ni no kuni huh. fine. fine. i guess i'll spend $15 on this rpg that i heard was kind of bad but looks lovely

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/real_wotd/status/1303338867366531074?s=21

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Weedle posted:

these mfers are really trying to unload ni no kuni huh. fine. fine. i guess i'll spend $15 on this rpg that i heard was kind of bad but looks lovely

I got more than $15 worth of fun out of it but I didn't quite finish. Some of the midgame stuff I was under leveled or something and the combat is truly bad.

It is very beautiful though.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Infinitum posted:

You either like the style or you don't.

Its a very unique series

Yeah this, you either enjoy just shutting off your brain and rocking out while you murder thousands of nameless mooks or you don't

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012

Evil Fluffy posted:

Smash Bros is canon.

So we should get Ike and Jigglypuff in Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity. :getin:
At least this way, we'll get Ike in a Warriors game.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

KingSlime posted:

I dunno I feel like that poster nailed it in the head when he said warriors games might look like action / combat oriented games but they're more like diner dash where you have to scramble to the right stations and the combat itself is pretty forgettable. Mini-bosses especially were really annoying

In retrospect that discnnect between what it plays like and what it looks lik was part of my disappointment.

Combat in Hyrule Warriors has a fair amount of depth with each character having distinctive and unique playstyles which require you to optimize to get the best out of them. You can button mash but beyond a certain point that is less effective than just figuring out how to play your character.

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

Len posted:

Yeah this, you either enjoy just shutting off your brain and rocking out while you murder thousands of nameless mooks or you don't

You can’t just turn off your brain for Hyrule Warriors though, there is a lot of time/priority management with capturing/defending bases, managing giant bosses and lieutenants and keeping allies alive. I actually really like how much split second decision making the game asks of you, especially when you’re going for higher ranks. I hope the sequel keeps that aspect up.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

I can't believe they're making a musou game that has good graphics

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:

Len posted:

That's a good way to fail the majority of the missions honestly, turning off your brain is a pretty bad idea in a Musou game with how much information you need to pay attention to.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
If I want to turn my brain off I'd play a Zelda dungeon.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I mean people do get this isn't BotW 2 right?

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Well yeah, it's BotW 0.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
As someone who was pretty meh on the BOTW story because it's all just empty post-apocalyptic stuff told secondhand, this is such a loving good idea for a Warriors game. It looks amazing.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I think this one of those ideas that sounds good but will turn out to be pretty meh.

It won’t be bad but is expected for a first party title series

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I don't know how it could possibly be bad. Hyrule Warriors is awesome, and setting it in the BOTW universe during the calamity just makes perfect sense.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

KingSlime posted:

And yeah not surprised it's coming out that quickly, the games are literally entirely padding. Yes I'm still a little bit salty about the $60 I spent that one time!

Yeah... I'm both excited and not. I ultimately did enjoy Hyrule Warriors, I played it a lot on my N3DS, but the whole experience felt a bit empty. It was kind of forgettable, despite how neat it was at times.

Cartoon Man posted:

I can’t imagine the gameplay is going to radically different from the first one.

Well that's kind of the problem. I really didn't like needing to use the 'items' on bosses, since it was just you waiting on some clock. A lot of time the moving between battlefields felt like empty sprinting. I was really just an excellent game for fan-service, and again fun enough, but not an amazing experience.

I'd be reluctant to pay full-price for another one even if the setting and story looks very interesting. I'll wait on getting vouchers and see what reviewers say.

Also, how common is it for Musou's to lose content/characters per iteration? I know you can't expect every game to be like Smash, which is more and more (the next one is going to be fascinating to see what they lose), but aside from a random adventure mode I don't see any of the previous characters showing up here in any incarnation.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

American McGay posted:

I don't know how it could possibly be bad. Hyrule Warriors is awesome, and setting it in the BOTW universe during the calamity just makes perfect sense.

I think the biggest problem is it’s going to be more HE. And HW was already a lot.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

KingSlime posted:

And yeah not surprised it's coming out that quickly, the games are literally entirely padding. Yes I'm still a little bit salty about the $60 I spent that one time!
I understand not liking a game, that's fine. Not everything is everyone's cup of tea.

But from a price:content ratio Hyrule Warriors is one of the greatest values in the history of gaming. Lmfao at calling it "padding" and lamenting spending $60 on it.

https://koei.fandom.com/wiki/Adventure_Mode_(Hyrule_Warriors)

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Man, I know Hyrule Warriors was the more popular of the two by far but thinking on it, it would have been nice to see another Fire Emblem Warriors that had a more even roster for the games.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I haven't played too much of warrirors games, I played a bit of hyrule warriors like I mentioned before, and I also have played some dynasty warriors or maybe a different one with friends over the years. From what I gathered from those games, there is a battle going on and you play as a hero and you kill people on the other side of the battle. So if this really is going to be a prequel game where you're playing as the heroes from BotW fighting against ganon's forces, that could be fun. Especially with the visuals and story of BotW. The games I've played before were basically some ugly walls defining a battle field, and then maybe some tiny structures, but it was mostly empty space where you bash up the enemies. I'm assuming we won't just get an open world botw map. but if we can get some of the key battlegrounds and they look nice, that would be cool. I just want to see what this world looked like before it got all hosed up.

Maybe I'm just expecting too much and this will just a button masher set in a simplified botw looking world, but I really want to see that battle with a bunch of dudes fighting over hyrule castle.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Yeah... I'm both excited and not. I ultimately did enjoy Hyrule Warriors, I played it a lot on my N3DS, but the whole experience felt a bit empty. It was kind of forgettable, despite how neat it was at times.

Well that's kind of the problem. I really didn't like needing to use the 'items' on bosses, since it was just you waiting on some clock. A lot of time the moving between battlefields felt like empty sprinting. I was really just an excellent game for fan-service, and again fun enough, but not an amazing experience.

I'd be reluctant to pay full-price for another one even if the setting and story looks very interesting. I'll wait on getting vouchers and see what reviewers say.

Also, how common is it for Musou's to lose content/characters per iteration? I know you can't expect every game to be like Smash, which is more and more (the next one is going to be fascinating to see what they lose), but aside from a random adventure mode I don't see any of the previous characters showing up here in any incarnation.

Really common, the main Dynasty Warriors titles tend to just accumulate people forever but there are very few unique movesets. Stuff like One Piece Warriors 4 lost a whole bunch of characters from 3 etc.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
I didn't end up buying the botw dlc because I was hoping it was gonna be an expansion set in the past where you play as the champions and explore what happened during that time.

So this is exactly what I wanted and then some. Sign me the hell up.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Well that's kind of the problem. I really didn't like needing to use the 'items' on bosses, since it was just you waiting on some clock.

this is the kind of stuff I could easily see them refining. especially since it's based on BoTW which doesn't really have that traditional "use the one item that the boss is weak to" combat in it

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

gawrsh do you think any women will be there

howdy nerds. i played the poo poo out of Hyrule Warriors on the Wii U and really enjoyed it, and with the new BOTW update coming out for the Switch version, i was wondering: is there any kind of way to cheat or hack a save file on a Nintendo Switch?? i'd really rather not grind up every character and resource in that game again

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
It's not an update it's a new game.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

howdy nerds. i played the poo poo out of Hyrule Warriors on the Wii U and really enjoyed it, and with the new BOTW update coming out for the Switch version, i was wondering: is there any kind of way to cheat or hack a save file on a Nintendo Switch?? i'd really rather not grind up every character and resource in that game again

it's a new game, not an update

e: the post so nice we made it twice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

gawrsh do you think any women will be there

Weedle posted:

it's a new game, not an update

e: the post so nice we made it twice

o wat. well, even still, is there a way to implement cheats on the Switch just yet or nah?