Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
Kind of wish they did more with the cafe, felt like it could've had a better bit going.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

"Ask him if he'll take a wet check!"

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

The American dad twitter changed their icon to a picture of Roger's golden turd, so I think that might be a big clue as to what the 300th episode is going to be about.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

MizPiz posted:

I thought she was Armenian

Whatever she was, it wasn't Persian.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

The American dad twitter changed their icon to a picture of Roger's golden turd, so I think that might be a big clue as to what the 300th episode is going to be about.

Yeah the Wiki has had a poster of that up for weeks now

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
Had to check and Shoshana's family definitely had a framed photo of the Armenian flag hanging in Steve's room their home

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Something I noticed while watching the season 2 episode where Stan ice skates is that there's a downstairs bathroom off the kitchen which I don't think is normally there.

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

muscles like this! posted:

Something I noticed while watching the season 2 episode where Stan ice skates is that there's a downstairs bathroom off the kitchen which I don't think is normally there.

It was removed after Klaus just destroyed it.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
The Last Ride of the Dodge City Rambler
S17, ep 20
The Smiths take a trip on an old steam locomotive to visit Francine’s aunt only to discover it’s being hijacked.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
This season's nearing it's end and god I'm depressed now

Eddain
May 6, 2007

Milo and POTUS posted:

This season's nearing it's end and god I'm depressed now

Don't worry you've always got South Park to look forward to.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Re-runs, bro!

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Oh good, everyone else wore the clothes too!

Unmature
May 9, 2008
This episode feels like another severely missed opportunity to introduce a new Roger persona

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

"The chains you see ensured consensual sex workers and well treated Chinese immigrants were comfortable on their journey." :911:

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

I loved the name of the train magazine. "Trains and #%&$", just perfect.

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

limp_cheese posted:

I loved the name of the train magazine. "Trains and #%&$", just perfect.
the entire cold open itself was the best it's been in a while, the rest of the episode couldn't quite live up to it

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

Coaaab posted:

the entire cold open itself was the best it's been in a while, the rest of the episode couldn't quite live up to it

The cold opening was amazing.

Stan asking if there is anyone else in this room before Roger jumps out in wall camo was brilliant

I didn't get a chance to see what Stan was reading but lost it at Klaus's match book.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Wait how does Francine have an aunt...

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Wait how does Francine have an aunt...

Either her mom or dad has a sister?

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Francine's mom's sister? So hot.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Good episode but that whole Roger/Hayley subplot went nowhere

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

I've come to a realization that the only thing that makes the A plot the A plot and the B plot the B plot on American dad is the A plot (mostly) gets a resolution and the B plot almost never does.

I have a feeling they spin these threads in the writers room and whoever manages to get to the end of their plot first becomes the A plot.

CatHorse
Jan 5, 2008

limp_cheese posted:

I didn't get a chance to see what Stan was reading but lost it at Klaus's match book.
The price of things. "That magazine was 2.50"

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

I didn't think anything would top Klaus's Book of Matches, then I saw Francine's Fake Book.

The rest of the episode was a little weak, but that opening killed it.

bull3964 posted:

I've come to a realization that the only thing that makes the A plot the A plot and the B plot the B plot on American dad is the A plot (mostly) gets a resolution and the B plot almost never does.

I have a feeling they spin these threads in the writers room and whoever manages to get to the end of their plot first becomes the A plot.

The B-plots do get sometimes get resolutions, they're just usually extremely anti-climactic or bizarre and surreal.

Like that time Stan just walked off set because his storyline for the episode was way too stupid: https://youtu.be/N0mI-t0E3-k

Unmature
May 9, 2008

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Like that time Stan just walked off set because his storyline for the episode was way too stupid: https://youtu.be/N0mI-t0E3-k

I love that Real Klaus is giant and they have to green screen him tiny

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
Why was Francine reading a fake book?? Is she getting into jazz and wants to up her improvisation techniques or something?

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

FlamingLiberal posted:

Good episode but that whole Roger/Hayley subplot went nowhere
Yeah but Prince becoming one of the cops at the end was pretty good.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
I felt like the autism spectrum jokes were a little ehhh.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Plant MONSTER. posted:

Why was Francine reading a fake book?? Is she getting into jazz and wants to up her improvisation techniques or something?

Fake reading, like fake cooking and having a fake friendship with the mailman, is just on of her many hobbies.

She either has a very active imagination or is completely insane, sometimes it's hard to tell.

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop

The_Doctor posted:

I resonated when Steve asked for no eye contact though.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

The_Doctor posted:

I both agree and disagree. They were over the top and I can easily understand how someone might find them offensive, but as someone who grew up wondering whether they are or aren't on the spectrum (I eventually learned I have ADHD, which shares a lot of the same symptoms with autism) I found quite a few of those jokes highly relatable. The whole "Openly displays obvious symptom of a mental disorder, should probably get help to better understand how to manage this disorder, does not get help" pattern was a part of my life for a long time before I got tested, so seeing Steve go through the same thing got some solid sympathetic chuckles out of me.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

My boyfriend and I do both like trains. :ohdear:

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I’m on the spectrum and I found it funny

“I need to be tested!!!!”

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

I'm confused by the spectrum. Is it one of those spectra that everyone is on, from "not really autistic" to "yeah wow autism here" or is it a spectrum of autism with "not autistic" lying outside of it?

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Who is Juicy Lou's DJ? He looks familiar

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Brawnfire posted:

I'm confused by the spectrum. Is it one of those spectra that everyone is on, from "not really autistic" to "yeah wow autism here" or is it a spectrum of autism with "not autistic" lying outside of it?

The second thing.

The autism spectrum encompasses a lot of neurological conditions; so being on the spectrum just means you have some of the traits associated with autism to some degree.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Brawnfire posted:

It's a spectrum of autism, but not really in the "I've got 0.3 autism, but that guy over there's got 2.9 and is close to the end of the spectrum" sense. It includes a bunch of things (like autism, Asperger's, childhood disintegrative disorder etc) that were previously considered separate mental health problems, but are now considered to all be forms of autism. Psychology is an evolving and still very new field of science, and we still don't fully understand everything even close to fully, so it's not surprising it can be a bit confusing sometimes.

Also that was a really good episode. The spectrum jokes could've been clunky and bad, but somehow it happening to Steve was hilarious.

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 13:54 on Sep 10, 2020

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Ok, cool, I think I was imagining it like the Kinsey scale a bit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

:iiam:

https://twitter.com/americandadtbs/status/1304132647778766848