Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

Lodin posted:

Since when do you need that much training in writing a bug report? You have forms that ask:
What happened?
What should have happened?
What is the Problem?
Additional information?

Not exactly rocket science.

E: It's probably different in Japan, but that's what I dealt with when testing an early version of Conan Exiles. Never again!

CodfishCartographer posted:

The AAA studio I worked QA at actually did this. The first week was spent entirely on training using the old build and an insulated bug database for us to write lovely bugs in.

Its likely all this training is more for how to actually test than writing reports, but there easily could be a full day of training on bug reports. Major publishers spend a lot of time on training QA. Professional testers need to be able to accurately reproduce bugs and be able to whittle down the steps that do/n't cause it to occur, and then clearly explain those steps so anyone can follow them. This sounds easy enough, but a) people are REALLY BAD at explaining things clearly, and b) it can take a lot of critical thinking and puzzle solving to be able to narrow down reproduction steps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spek
Jun 15, 2012

Bagel!

End of Shoelace posted:

Also, there's literally no rules with Japanese curry. Like some cheese on it? Go nuts! How about a cutlet? Why not! Pickles? Sure! Fried egg? Let's go!

This is actually true of all food and it's glorious.

Sister Make
Feb 5, 2020

neet NEET NEET NEET

Sir Bobert Fishbone
Jan 16, 2006

Beebort

Once a NEET always a NEET

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

I just had one of our testers at work come into my bay and do a happy dance because she successfully replicated one of our prod defects :3:
I can only hope NEET will do the same

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer
Japanese curry is one of my favorite foods in the world. So good.

Brother Make
Jun 5, 2020

Post more NEET!!!

Feel free to design a better "Part-Timer Timeline" banner if you'd like.

Sister Make
Feb 5, 2020

neet NEET NEET NEET

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

I'm surprised Tohru didn't develop a full blown addiction (other than pointless mental philosophising) before now.

Brother Make
Jun 5, 2020

Post more NEET!!!

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

same

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

BigBadSteve posted:

I'm surprised Tohru didn't develop a full blown addiction (other than pointless mental philosophising) before now.

In addition to being sheltered from all of the things that could have spurred on his growth as a human, he has also been sheltered from every path to ruin the wide wide world has to offer

The NEET life giveth, and the NEET life taketh away

Crazyweasel
Oct 29, 2006
lazy

I’ve read so much NEET that I’ve finally reached enlightenment. I went to the store and had some fleeting mundane thought about why one of the automatic doors was broken and the entrance was closed that it struck me how the comic is created.

I guess at some level I thought the author had some storyline or idea for NEET, but it is literally just taking those little thoughts you have each day and dragging it out over 45 panels and adding a healthy dose of low self-esteem.

“What - The entrance is closed? But that’s the closest one to my where I parked my car. What if i have to carry all my heavy groceries over from the other side...and one rips! I’ll look like a fool!!! I better prepare myself to get a cart. No, not just a small cart, I’ll need a big one to get all of my food because I’m going to stock up for the week, not just buy small unhealthy frozen meals!!!”

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

Crazyweasel posted:

I’ve read so much NEET that I’ve finally reached enlightenment. I went to the store and had some fleeting mundane thought about why one of the automatic doors was broken and the entrance was closed that it struck me how the comic is created.

I guess at some level I thought the author had some storyline or idea for NEET, but it is literally just taking those little thoughts you have each day and dragging it out over 45 panels and adding a healthy dose of low self-esteem.

“What - The entrance is closed? But that’s the closest one to my where I parked my car. What if i have to carry all my heavy groceries over from the other side...and one rips! I’ll look like a fool!!! I better prepare myself to get a cart. No, not just a small cart, I’ll need a big one to get all of my food because I’m going to stock up for the week, not just buy small unhealthy frozen meals!!!”

NEET then proceeds to buy way too many frozen meals, filling his cart with them (and also bags of chips)

Aino Minako
Dec 16, 2007

Perpetual rage elemental

CodfishCartographer posted:

NEET then proceeds to buy way too many frozen meals, filling his cart with them (and also bags of chips)

“Why did I pick out the chips first? The heavy frozen meals will crush them in their bags.”

(Diagram showing a chicken nuggets bag above a down arrow pointed at cracked chips.)

NEET decides to put the frozen food on the bottom of the cart, then forgets to pay for it when he leaves. He is apprehended and returned to GBJ.

dirby
Sep 21, 2004

Helping goons with math
Now we just need Step-cousin Make to post drawings of these ideas...

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

everyone feels that way and gives up.
that's how they get away with it.
quarantine chic and depression bullshit has given me the opportunity to note: young neet’s hair looks like that because when you lie in bed all day your hair smushes into a point

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
i think his hair just looks like that because he's an anime

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

everyone feels that way and gives up.
that's how they get away with it.
that’s a possibility, but i like my reason more

Sister Make
Feb 5, 2020

neet NEET NEET NEET

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
:five: :five: :five: :five: :five:

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
WHAT

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

This is definitely not a lie

gently caress WHAT

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Next panel: "whoops, I misread it"

Sir Bobert Fishbone
Jan 16, 2006

Beebort
Criminal path finally pays off

Aades
Nov 28, 2005

Guns Up!

Convicts are disqualified. Thanks for playing!

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Chomp8645 posted:

Next panel: "whoops, I misread it"

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

This is a new and exciting development in the world of NEETbux technology.

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
NEET forgot he's Japanese and should be reading the numbers right to left

Sir Bobert Fishbone
Jan 16, 2006

Beebort

Aades posted:

Convicts are disqualified. Thanks for playing!

just give it to oda and split the winnings

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

this fuckin comic

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon
my body is ready for MEGA NEET

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

I'm gearing up for the emotional suckerpunch that's imminent.

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
bet his parents are feeling real dumb right about now :colbert:

Brother Make
Jun 5, 2020

Post more NEET!!!

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

I'm ho-

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Really excited to find out how old NEET wastes two million bucks!

E: I'm ga-

Apathy420
May 18, 2017

by Cyrano4747
same :)

Leroy Dennui
Aug 9, 2014

Gina McCarthy made us gay,
but we would not have met
had Biden not dropped his cones
:gaysper::frogbon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nullEntityRNG
Jun 23, 2010

Mostly pseudo-random.
Calling it now- actually a dream.

No wait I'm always wrong when predicting... hes gonna overanalyze the fact that he would need to show off himself on tv accepting the prize. This would bring negative light to him being an ex con and would ruin his life even with the money... so hes going to be like "pssh its not worth the nightmare".