Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

I don’t think anyone hated him per say but he definitely was a very nothing character at first.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I was 100% apathetic to him during his entire introductory arc, except maybe slight disappointment that he was the new character instead of Tess who I thought was more interesting.

Then he came back to the present day and was 100x more interesting.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Senerio posted:

I was 100% apathetic to him during his entire introductory arc, except maybe slight disappointment that he was the new character instead of Tess who I thought was more interesting.

Then he came back to the present day and was 100x more interesting.

Same.
Zima. Using future knowledge to become a Silicon Valley hotshot. Having more heart than the entire rest of the team put together. Lemons for Daisy.
He was very relatable once taken out of the Grim Dark Future.

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
For lack of anything new to watch I've started AOS from the beginning. I originally watched the first 2 or 3 episodes as they aired but ended up losing interest for one reason or another. I never hated it, it just didn't grab my attention.

After a couple seasons when I saw a bunch of hype here I caught up from whenever Garrett shows up, s1 ep14ish? Have loved the show ever since but never bothered to go back and watch the first half of s1. You know what? It's not bad at all. Lots of setting up future plot points and characters coming into play. Maybe it's made better by knowing what's coming but I think so far it's legit good.

Up to ep8 now, so I've got maybe 5 more episodes before I run into stuff I've seen already. Pretty certain I'm just going to end up rewatching the entire rest of the series too.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Agents of Shield is the clearest example of a phenomenon that doesn't really have a name yet, but stick with me.

When you watch most of the season you're like, "this is just meh," but if you're re-watching season 1 after seeing the later show, now all the characters have become your TV pals, so those early eps are way better on a re-watch because you know these people.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
The show had the giant problem of long hiatuses for no good drat reason and fairly slow pacing till turn turn turn.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
Dare we dream?

https://variety.com/2020/tv/news/nick-fury-series-samuel-l-jackson-disney-plus-1234782313/

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
oh hey Stumptown was just canceled, Cobie might be free.

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

So I have been binging this whole show for the last month or so, had never watched it when it was on.

I am so very sad I missed out on it when it was on! And incredibly sad we got Inhumans instead of Hunter and Bobbie having adventures and fighting ninjas.

teacup
Dec 20, 2006

= M I L K E R S =

Please even just one person from AoS

Andrew_1985
Sep 18, 2007
Hay hay hay!

teacup posted:

Please even just one person from AoS
You gotta hope at least Quake turns up.
It’d be nice to see FitzSimmons, but, I’m happy leaving them be.
Perhaps May and Mack?
Adding Coulson back could be too difficult to explain.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
The return of Ward.

teacup
Dec 20, 2006

= M I L K E R S =

Andrew_1985 posted:

You gotta hope at least Quake turns up.
Perhaps May and Mack?
Adding Coulson back could be too difficult to explain.

Yeah I feel Quake would be a slam dunk. Chloe Bennett is a great actress who could really make it big, and transition over to the big screens if they wanted her to. The character doesn’t need a ton of explaining, just say she’s a hacker that got powers. Woo.

Fitzsimmons I feel could work well too. May and Mack I just doubt. And yeah Coulson would be weird I feel.

Test Pattern
Dec 20, 2007

Keep scrolling, clod!

Andrew_1985 posted:

Look, they JUST undid the snap and brought back half the life in the universe, they do NOT need to go get Fitzsimmons out of their peaceful retirement with a garden and endanger all life in the past, present, and future of all universes.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Isn't actor Fitz kind of blowing up too? I just think logistically they would leave Fitzsimmons out.

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Built for comfort and speed!
Fallen Rib
It feels to me like Fitzsimmons story is complete. Ditto May and Coulson.

But Elena and Mack are clearly still out there in the Shield field so it seems plausible to have them show up, maybe along with Piper and Davisbot. This is assuming it's Shield Nick Fury and not "dead" /in space Nick Fury.

I'm not as enamoured of Chloe as other people are, I can take or leave Quake. If it's in space Nick Fury, sure, okay, throw that in I'd be down for more Enver.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
It probably depends on what exactly they're doing since I don't think any plot/setting stuff has been released yet. If it's some "Backstory for Fury" series there's basically no room for anyone to appear in it.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
We got all the back story we'd ever need in Captain Marvel.

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Built for comfort and speed!
Fallen Rib

Rhyno posted:

We got all the back story we'd ever need in Captain Marvel.

Maybe there's mileage in Skrull Nick Fury and space adventures Nick Fury. I'll be honest I have no idea how the gently caress to square 80s Skrulls and 2019 Spiderman FFH Skrull Fury.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVdsK4fcfps
I keep forgetting Frakes directed a couple of episodes of AOS

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
Her last video was cute; it was prefaced with a voiceover from Clark Gregg saying "Previously, on Elizabeth Henstridge's Youtube Channel" :">

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Everyone from AoS seems really cool.

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

I made myself a calendar reminder for that AoS prop auction, which is now live. I was thinking I could score one of those Hydra patches for $50-100 but they put them all in a lot and it's already up to $225 :sigh:

Here's all the items: https://marvel.propstoreauction.com/m/view-auctions/catalog/id/270/

Edit: ok turns out there are a few lots of patches but now I really want one of those Deke Squad shirts instead

Sirotan fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Oct 31, 2020

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Deke very quickly became my favorite character.

Gelf
Oct 1, 2005

Wake up and smell the psychosis!\

Sirotan posted:

Here's all the items

Shotgun axe off to a strong start!

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

WSAENOTSOCK posted:

Deke very quickly became my favorite character.

I was initially not that fond of him, but he really grew on me once Team Deke came into play.

Season 7 hit Netflix this week or last, looks like. So much Enoch goodness.

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

Gelf posted:

Shotgun axe off to a strong start!

Sold for $10,000 :o

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
The YouTube reactor crew at Blind Wave were really set on getting some items, including the shotgun axe. Wonder if they did it. They have quite a lot of support on Patreon, so they may have money to spend.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
I started re-watching the series, I liked the first season when it first aired, and now watching it again I actually thinks it holds up even better.

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS
There are a lot of callbacks to moments in season 1 sprinkled throughout the seasons, as well as subtle character development that is only apparent on rewatch when you know what it is leading toward, so that's not really a surprise.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
Going to revive the thread because the latest episode of Live with Lil talks about Turn, Turn, Turn, and it features Maurissa Tancharoen, Jed Whedon, and Brett Dalton.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ha2XetF1cMs

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

AOS fans tuning into Wandavision got a pretty big reference to season 4's major plot in the final episode. Won't spoil it for those who haven't seen it. But it is a nice little shout out to the show that basically started the TV side of the MCU.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

notthegoatseguy posted:

AOS fans tuning into Wandavision got a pretty big reference to season 4's major plot in the final episode. Won't spoil it for those who haven't seen it. But it is a nice little shout out to the show that basically started the TV side of the MCU.

I hope Gabriel Luna gets another shot at being Ghost Rider someday.

I haven't watched WandaVison, don't mind me.

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

RareAcumen posted:

I hope Gabriel Luna gets another shot at being Ghost Rider someday.

I sure would like to know the behind-the-scenes discussion on killing the Ghost Rider series but greenlighting the really boring Hellstorm series.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!

notthegoatseguy posted:

I sure would like to know the behind-the-scenes discussion on killing the Ghost Rider series but greenlighting the really boring Hellstorm series.

I think it's as simple as Helstorm was already done when the Marvel TV department was merged back into the overall Marvel production company/group/whatever but the Ghost Rider series hadn't really started yet.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

notthegoatseguy posted:

Iirc, the rumor was Hulu wanted the show to be about Johnny Blaze, but the studio disagreed. One would have thought they already would've settled on this before Hulu green lit the pitch, but television production is a mystery to me.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
the Darkhold from AoS and the one in WV look nothing alike, it's just more of Kevin Feige dropping a massive poo poo on anything Jeph Loeb was involved in.

Like I grew to adore this show but it's over and it's just never going to matter in the MCU going forward.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Rhyno posted:

the Darkhold from AoS and the one in WV look nothing alike, it's just more of Kevin Feige dropping a massive poo poo on anything Jeph Loeb was involved in.

This is actually a positive thing though. gently caress Jeph Loeb.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
I have little hope that AoS will ever be acknowledged again but it'd be pretty easy to contrive a reason why a magical book changed its appearance, not to mention that comics are full of visual inconsistences all the time. Anyway until an MCU film has a postcredits scene with Kevin Feige coming onscreen and showing us a notarized document declaring that AoS is too good to let the MCU in, I will continue to believe because imagining a bigger world is more fun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

Rhyno posted:

Like I grew to adore this show but it's over and it's just never going to matter in the MCU going forward.

Someone in the MCU TV thread pointed out that a photo Phil shows of the Darkhold even shows it as a different appearance. No-Prize answer but we already know it reveals different things to different readers, who is to say it can't change appearances too?