Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tezer
Jul 9, 2001

The Slack Lagoon posted:

Bought a case of the Kirkland wet dog food but my pup doesn't like it. Can I return the other 23 cans?

Do a good deed and donate it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grillster
Dec 25, 2004

:chaostrump:
Have a contest to see who can eat the most cans, and broadcast it on social media for donations.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Stopped at the Costco in San Diego near La Jolla for some gas and ice cream. Pretty crazy place it's like legitimately a warehouse. Apparently it was the first Price Club. Wish I had time to go inside.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

FogHelmut posted:

Stopped at the Costco in San Diego near La Jolla for some gas and ice cream. Pretty crazy place it's like legitimately a warehouse. Apparently it was the first Price Club. Wish I had time to go inside.

Congrats, you visited the first ever food court. #1!

I went to that Price Club many times with the fam growing up.

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"

Chinatown posted:

Anyone try the COMBAT protein powder? In the green bag. I'm almost out of my protein powder and have seen it up front recently.

Cookies and cream flavor sounds good to me.

It's pretty good but leaves a weird aftertaste for me. I personally use the Optimum Nutrition Gold powder that Costco has in Chocolate and add some peanut butter to make it more filling as a meal replacement

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.

Lobsterboy posted:

I got these to snack on / wife bake with, but these are also super good small treats for bunnies. Usually freeze dried stuff is super expensive or has a bunch of preservatives. Rabbits go hog loving wild for sugar.

I want video of your rabbit eating some. :3

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

jisforjosh posted:

It's pretty good but leaves a weird aftertaste for me. I personally use the Optimum Nutrition Gold powder that Costco has in Chocolate and add some peanut butter to make it more filling as a meal replacement

Thanks. I've been using peanutbutter powder in my shakes lately. :yum:

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I bought a huge thing of peanut butter powder but haven't used any yet. I was planning on putting it in my oatmeal but just haven't had any. Not sure what else to do with it. For protein shakes I have the Premier Protein shakes now. They're simple and have more protein than just about every powder I've seen.

Winter Rose
Sep 27, 2007

Understand how unstable the truth can be.

How do I make costco.com bring the real 1 lb bags of matcha back? Not the gross supplement stuff they have now.

PBUC

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Since I started making my own shakes I cannot stand the taste of Premier Protein. Just bleh all around.

Sir Sidney Poitier
Aug 14, 2006

My favourite actor

madsushi posted:

Here's one of the best items at Costco, usually in the dried fruits section in front of real fruits: Dried Strawberries (Nutty & Fruity brand).

Taste delicious and fresh, last a very long time. Always the favorite in the office snack stack.

I got these last visit because I like dried fruit with added sugar. It just tastes better (duh). I found that the seeds made them kind of gritty though, so half the bag got thrown away.

durrneez
Feb 20, 2013

I like fish. I like to eat fish. I like to brush fish with a fish hairbrush. Do you like fish too?
these mooncakes from costco are surprisingly not bad

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I bought a huge thing of peanut butter powder but haven't used any yet. I was planning on putting it in my oatmeal but just haven't had any.

I have no protein powder advice so I can reply to this. When you get to oatmeal, have you ever tried/done overnight oats? Powdered PB works really great for that.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I tried overnight oats once and didn't really like it. It's even more effort than just microwaving some for 2 minutes and throwing a handful of dried cranberries in. I should try it again.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

durrneez posted:

these mooncakes from costco are surprisingly not bad

Throw em in the freezer. That's a protein for sure

The Hambulance
Apr 19, 2011

:20bux:

ASK ME ABOUT MY AWESOME STARTUP IDEA

Pillbug
Chicken Pot Pie purchased for Friday lunch at work. Anyone that doesn't appreciate a 6 pound pot pie is in the wrong thread.

Also, I think I may have seen Sherpas. Not 100% sure though.

Paul MaudDib
May 3, 2006

TEAM NVIDIA:
FORUM POLICE

The Hambulance posted:

I mean, they've had Christmas stuff in for a couple weeks now :barf:

fischtick
Jul 9, 2001

CORGO, THE DESTROYER

Fun Shoe
The Kirkland Merino Wool Socks are here! The Kirkland Merino Wool Socks are here!

Just one color this year, charcoal. I think the six pack was 18.99. It sounds pricey, but a bunch of places sell a similar sock for twelve bucks a pair.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

fischtick posted:

The Kirkland Merino Wool Socks are here! The Kirkland Merino Wool Socks are here!

Just one color this year, charcoal. I think the six pack was 18.99. It sounds pricey, but a bunch of places sell a similar sock for twelve bucks a pair.

dope

i could never find them last year at my costco so i resorted to buying some at columbia, which fell apart after a week

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

fischtick posted:

I got some maybe 1 month ago. The only color they had was blue. I'd have preferred the charcoal.

fischtick
Jul 9, 2001

CORGO, THE DESTROYER

Fun Shoe

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I got some maybe 1 month ago. The only color they had was blue. I'd have preferred the charcoal.

In the interest of fairness, I'm more than a little colorblind. Lots of things look "kind of grey" to me, but the website says one color: charcoal. The ones I'm wearing now came in a pack with blue and kind of grey, and I can tell the difference in direct sunlight. I like the blue ones, too.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Yeah I didn't really care at the time since I love these socks. I wear them year round. When it's 90F and 80% humidity I'm still wearing them.

Biohazard
Apr 17, 2002

Went to church a couple days ago and picked up one of those cascade mountain tech blankets as both a warm weather camping blanket and a supplement to my sleeping bag for colder weather. really small when stuff in the sack and a lot cheaper than buying a whole other sleeping bag for colder weather. Not bad for 20 bucks.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'll have to give those socks a shot then, I need to replace mine anyways.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I forgot about the mailer so I checked it out and got the hankerin' to go there. They had White Strips and Flonase for super cheap. I usually get Flonase from the VA for free but my refills ran out and since it's so cheap at Costco I got them on sale for $18.99 for a 5 pack.

Also...

They put their fall stuff out so I ended up picking up more of the charcoal socks. I seriously probably have 20 pair. I got a nice pullover jacket and saw a down jacket for $20 so I had to grab it since I don't have a down jacket. I got those Heat gloves that work with cell phones. Picked up a 3lb tri-tip for $20. Grabbed some frozen stuff as well and had to reorganize my freezer because it's filled.

I looked for the chicken pot pie but couldn't find it. I'm sure it's super unhealthy (still counting calories) but drat I love me some chicken pot pie. Gonna keep looking for it.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Do those white strips actually work / not destroy your enamel? I'm very wary of them

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
What do I need to do to get a wine carried at a store?

They have other wines carried by the producer at this store so it doesn’t seem like a distribution issue. They had this variety at stores back in DC and it was a super good deal; I want it here!

Do I leave a message in the comments book? Do I need to include a GTIN or something to make it dead simple?

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

PIZZA.BAT posted:

Do those white strips actually work / not destroy your enamel? I'm very wary of them

Yeah. I'm a smoker and when I went to the dentist one time they asked, unprovoked, how I get my teeth so white.

Don't do it often though because it probably can gently caress your teeth up. Last time I did it was like 2 years ago. I don't plan on doing it anytime soon but they had a 2 pack for cheap so I grabbed it.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Just posting to say Kirkland organic milk is legit.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

PIZZA.BAT posted:

They definitely work but just remember no coffee / tea / soda whatever while you are using the treatments because it will stain even worse.

Pinus Porcus
May 14, 2019

Ranger McFriendly

Manuel Calavera posted:

I'll have to give those socks a shot then, I need to replace mine anyways.

I know it's blasphemy, but just get 1 pack if you've not had them. Kirkland wool socks are one of the largest disappointments I've had from Costco. I find Wigwams to be far more worth the money.

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

John "Black Jack" Pershing
Hard Fucking Core

The Hambulance posted:

I walked by something at the warehouse last week that looked like the Sherpas but was not branded as such. I want to say it was KS branded.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
Saw this thread and went to go get those socks :black101:

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

The holy trinity

Overcooked a bit but was still drat tasty.

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

Sorry 4 ur electric stove :(

RoboBoogie
Sep 18, 2008

Cartoon Man posted:

The holy trinity

Overcooked a bit but was still drat tasty.

You missed the step in sous viding them

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

everytime someone says a seasonal anime is GOAT

Just watch the best anime ever
Costco also sells perfectly fine whole peppercorns, get a grinder and do that, much better pepper!

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

arisu posted:

Costco also sells perfectly fine whole peppercorns, get a grinder and do that, much better pepper!

I use my grinder and those peppercorns daily.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Tried to buy from costco online for the first time today, spent two hours today on customer service trying to check out. Had some shelves in my cart that threw an error whenever I tried to check out, and also couldn't be removed from the cart

Turned out I bought my membership in the middle of them upping the price by $50, which generated a new inventory sku which was still linked to the previous one, so the shelves both existed and didn't exist. And the tech people also said their records said had been at the new price for months (despite google cache showing it at that price yesterday), and wouldn't honor the price I was trying to check out with before their system broke.

is all the costco online poo poo that poorly run? Because I feel really screwed over, and if most of the membership benefit is in the physical box locations I'll just see if I can refund/cancel it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

arisu posted:

Unless you've got a Penzeys in town, like I do. :smug:
Toasted garlic powder > basic. That and their smoked paprika are some of my absolute favorites.