Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pardot
Jul 25, 2001

pokemon go to the polls

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Pardot posted:

pokemon go to the polls

Is there a precedent for a presidential candidate or president saying something so out of touch?

I'm imagining Lincoln saying "HexaGOnia to the polls"

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

ikanreed posted:

Is there a precedent for a presidential candidate or president saying something so out of touch?

I'm imagining Lincoln saying "HexaGOnia to the polls"

Joe Biden said that Black children would have bigger vocabularies if their parents would just leave the record player on at night.

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

vyelkin posted:

Joe Biden said that Black children would have bigger vocabularies if their parents would just leave the record player on at night.

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

vyelkin posted:

Was that at the same time he said poor children were just as smart as white children?

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

vyelkin posted:

Afaik there is a huge disparity in the number of words poor kids and rich kids hear early on, and it has real developmental effects. Unfortunately this information made its way through the Biden boomer funhouse brain before he conveyed it to the whole country

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

big boi posted:

Afaik there is a huge disparity in the number of words poor kids and rich kids hear early on, and it has real developmental effects. Unfortunately this information made its way through the Biden boomer funhouse brain before he conveyed it to the whole country

Yeah its a real thing but Biden is not fit to present it.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
But also research has shown audio devices playing sounds has no impact on development of language skills, even interactive devices.

Kids learn words from people communicating with people

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

the jill stein recount

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010
pete buttigieg being relatable because he says "buh?" on twitter all the time

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

sleep with the vicious posted:

pete buttigieg being relatable because he says "buh?" on twitter all the time

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Can you see that I am serious?
Fun Shoe

uber_stoat posted:

that time a couple Trumpies poisoned themselves by ingesting aquarium cleaner because they thought President Trump told them to.

if I remember that turned out to be the wife killing her husband right?

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

big boi posted:

The original study is from the '80s, had really lovely methodology, and has been impossible to replicate.

Biden regurgitating something half-remembered and false is very on-point for his brand tho

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Plank Walker posted:

i hate that my brain is broken enough that i hear that tweet in liz warren's voice

same but nick Mullen doing her voice

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

same but nick Mullen doing her voice

ah well my native bones let me use every use every part of your vote

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
That time Britney Spears had a spark of consciousness when she started pushing communist slogans and poo poo on her social media due to her hosed up slave reality to her image under the conservatorship of her parents

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

We don't need Rome telling us what to do.
also britney's punk phase

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Britney burning down her gym with prayer candles and continuing to do yoga tiktok in the husk owned

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

sleep with the vicious posted:

pete buttigieg being r at

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
Alan Dershowitz defending a weird guy who killed his wife because he did as well and found it relatable

Allegedly

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

He did it more than once even. The defending that is.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

In between Sarah Huckabee Sanders and the current one with the dumb name there was a White House Press Secretary who never held any public briefings.

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
There was a huge scandal over the cost of some presidential candidates haircut in 2004 or 2008. I think it also may have been a Jon Edwards scandal.

Maxwells Demon
Jan 15, 2007

silicone thrills posted:

There was a huge scandal over the cost of some presidential candidates haircut in 2004 or 2008. I think it also may have been a Jon Edwards scandal.

Very definitely Edwards. The video mocking the haircut was played numerous times on the 2008 Straight Talk Express.

thetan_guy42
Oct 15, 2016

murdera

Lipstick Apathy
Give britney her drat money

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

remembering today how the clinton campaign hand picked trump as the easy layup then immediately ate poo poo lmao

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

Comrayn
Jul 22, 2008

lmao

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Rare footage of a lawyer genuinely happy his clients are pissing people off.

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

thetan_guy42 posted:

Give britney her drat money

I welcome Comrade Spears as the face of the New American Workers' Movement

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
mitt Romney picked a fight with big bird

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

pentyne posted:

Rare footage of a lawyer genuinely happy his clients are pissing people off.

lmao i forgot about the mooninite stuff and i lived in the boston burbs then

Syncopation
Feb 21, 2020

Pick posted:

mitt Romney picked a fight with big bird

reminds me of the fact that during the 2012 election, mitt romney got a noticeably dark spraytan before appearing on univision for an interview lol

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
him strapping his family dog onto the car roof until it liquid poo poo everywhere is an all time moment
All time presidential scandal

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Judge Dredd Scott posted:

reminds me of the fact that during the 2012 election, mitt romney got a noticeably dark spraytan before appearing on univision for an interview lol

lol this still cracks me up

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

lmao I never saw this

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
ROMNEYBOT 2000 ENGAGING LATINX MODE

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

Lol this is somehow worse than all of Trump's bad tans

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Shageletic posted:

call it, Obama decor