Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Happy Hedonist
Jan 18, 2009

Stux posted:

using poor as an insult as millions become unemployed ftw :D

It’s a great look. This thread is an absolute loving poo poo show you guys lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

the point was outside the US people dont just use credit cards for everything or even own them a lot of the time and we get full protection on our debit cards anyway. also casual debt for stuff you can just afford is righthly seen as stupid.

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

top ten juiced up coaches
and the top ten juiced up players
can i buy the new xbox yet? i want to buy the new xbox. i have excellent credit if that matters

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

This thread is like a fever dream of an otherwise normal thread. An Xbox thread somehow got diverted to credit and debit cards for a whole two pages. And people have strong opinions about all of it.

Zerot
Aug 18, 2006

butt dickus posted:

can i buy the new xbox yet? i want to buy the new xbox. i have excellent credit if that matters

Preorders start on September 22.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
I just want to know if I need origin installed to play EA access games because that loving thing managed to turn itself back on to "open at startup" a dozen loving times and I hate it a lot, more than I think any human being should rationally hate a programme on a computer they mostly jerk off on

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
My credits pretty darn good which is a big deal since it means Microsoft won’t force me into the Poors Playlists

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
my bank manager smokes meth and i have a mortgage with them so thats about where my credit score is at right now, thanks for reading my post about the xbox

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

Zerot posted:

Preorders start on September 22.
thank you, i can't wait to replace this black box in my entertainment center with a larger, more powerful black(er?) box

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

my bank manager smokes meth and i have a mortgage with them so thats about where my credit score is at right now, thanks for reading my post about the xbox

If your banker's not on some kind of uppers they're slackin

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

butt dickus posted:

thank you, i can't wait to replace this black box in my entertainment center with a larger, more powerful black(er?) box

There's also a white box that, if you currently have an X, is less powerful.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

LODGE NORTH posted:

This thread is like a fever dream of an otherwise normal thread. An Xbox thread somehow got diverted to credit and debit cards for a whole two pages. And people have strong opinions about all of it.

its a good thread

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

TheScott2K posted:

That guy was some idiot YouTuber and not a tech guy and was comparing ram of different speeds so it's not fully known if it will actually be less powerful than the One X but Microsoft has already shown video of it running Gears 5 at 120fps so I think it should be fine.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

Stux posted:

its a good thread

Imagine how boring just a thread about Xbox would be

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

TheScott2K posted:

i have the scorpion xbox which i bought to play cuphead on my big oled tv. it's provided tens of hours of entertainment, but is no longer big or powerful enough for my needs, so the white box is out of the question

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

butt dickus posted:

i have the scorpion xbox which i bought to play cuphead on my big oled tv. it's provided tens of hours of entertainment, but is no longer big or powerful enough for my needs, so the white box is out of the question

Microsoft thinks my favorite game is USB TV Tuner

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Crafty posted:

I live in the UK and I have a British Airways AMEX that gets me sweet airmiles for every pound I spend. I will probably buy multiple Xbox's SX's with it.

For poorer people like ethanol and stux, you can just buy the console without worrying about the finance options you know?

welcome back crafty

Happy Hedonist
Jan 18, 2009

LODGE NORTH posted:

Yea, I like it. I'll stick around whether I buy a dumb xbox or not.

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best
Do people have these same types of existential crisis when taking out a phone contract? My phone's +50% more expensive each month than the S + All Access deal.

Think a lot of people will take advantage of the no-upfront costs, pretty damned cheap for the series S if you wanted to buy outright too (cheapest new gen console ever?). Will be interesting to see if Sony offer some sort of zero % finance option.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

its a 0.5 gen console

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
Xbox Series S

The S stands for Sharktank Thread

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

Crafty posted:

For poorer people

you've done this multiple times now and it's extremely gross and pathetic on your part

like you probably don't even realize it or have the intellectual capacity to understand why it's gross and will simply 'lol' as you skim by this, but yea

your posts are worse than xbox

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Wheeee posted:

your posts are worse than xbox
Hey now, let's not say things we can't take back.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

the S in Xbox One S and Xbox Series S stands for "sucks"

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best
That post was poor judgement

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

TheScott2K posted:

the S in Xbox One S and Xbox Series S stands for "sucks"

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

ethanol posted:

if games pass goes up it will be to $9.99 like they've been saying it will for the last 2 years or whatever but still hasnt.
https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1303842762194735104

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

It's cuz it sucks

Evil Badman
Aug 19, 2006

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

I just want to know if I need origin installed to play EA access games because that loving thing managed to turn itself back on to "open at startup" a dozen loving times and I hate it a lot, more than I think any human being should rationally hate a programme on a computer they mostly jerk off on

Probably for PC Game Pass at least. EA Play on Steam still has some Origin components, if I recall correctly.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Crafty posted:

(cheapest new gen console ever?).

Not even remotely correct. There have actually been very few consoles that launched higher than $299 (with many below that, like $199, or even $189 for the Genesis). This is literally the entire list.

Neo Geo MVS
Philips CD-i
3DO
Sega Saturn
PS3
Xbox One (the third)
PS4 (the fourth)

It's the first time a next gen console has launched hamstrung, though.

univbee fucked around with this message at 01:25 on Sep 10, 2020

TheAnomaly
Feb 20, 2003

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

You won't through Xbox because EA access is its own app. You probably will on at least some games on PC, though, because they literally baked the origin launcher as a DRM check into many of their titles.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!

univbee posted:

Not even remotely correct. There have actually been very few consoles that launched higher than $299 (with many below that, like $199, or even $189 for the Genesis). This is literally the entire list.

Neo Geo MVS
Philips CD-i
3DO
Sega Saturn
PS3
Xbox One (the third)
PS4 (the fourth)

It's the first time a next gen console has launched hamstrung, though.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Happy_Misanthrope posted:

Speculation at this point so nothing confirmed, but would be lol if the Series S can't play One X titles with the X enhancements. So no 4k RDR2 on Series S? That would be a huge drawback. The One X was available for $299 often in the states so if you have a One S and 'upgrade' to the S you could potentially not get the same experience as a previous gen console no longer being manufactured.

Again, speculation - MS could do something with memory management and the SSD for back compat or through virtualization force the game to be rendered in 1440p, who knows. But the memory constraints in it more than I was expecting, even with RDNA2 improvements going from 330+ GB to 224, and of that only 8 is at that speed is kinda yikes

https://twitter.com/GigaBoots/status/1303725904389120005?s=20

lol this poor guy had to delete the tweet because he got an absolutely crazy deluge of venom on Twitter from Xbox fanboys for pointing out actual facts (not enough RAM and too slow RAM again).

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

univbee posted:

https://twitter.com/kidfears99/status/1303378799153872898?s=21

“imagine having to buy an xbox every week for the rest of your life”

this is the saddest thing I've ever read

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

Didn't Dreamcast launch at $199?

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

MechaSeinfeld posted:

this is the saddest thing I've ever read

it’s one of my posts, so this checks out.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

https://press-start.com.au/news/xbox/2020/09/10/eb-games-trade-deals-for-the-xbox-series-x-s-are-quite-good/

In Australia I can trade in my one X (which I traded my Xbone OG in against, paying only $300) against a series X and pay $399 instead of $749.

guess I will be upgrading on day one then.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Inflation is a sumbitch, the dreamcast launched at a price of about $310 USD in 2020 dollars

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Barudak posted:

Inflation is a sumbitch, the dreamcast launched at a price of about $310 USD in 2020 dollars

The VMUs you got for storage were $20 and not $220, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

3DO dwarfs them all.

Around $1200 today.