Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I mean, Christmas is probably a terrible HOH. She'll do Day/Bay or maybe Ian.

But I can't be mad considering she's one of the few people playing a decent game and basically won the HOH by doing nothing because no one was threatened by her.

sportsgenius86 posted:

I feel like the screen they’re seeing is much harder to decipher than what we see.

I mean, I'm sure its just anxiety. Its a lot of pressure in the moment and the BB House destroys your brain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pospysyl
Nov 10, 2012

No matter who Christmas puts up someone's going to get pissed, so unless she has a big move planned she might as well piss off the weaker side of the house.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, everything's tense enough and tangled up enough in that house that any noms SHOULD trigger something. If Day and Bay go up and don't realize their allies are a part of that than they're idiots. They're already suspicious of Dani, Cody, and Nicole anyway and Christmas is close to Dani and Nicole.

So like hopefully the house implodes no matter what. And Dani, Cody, and Nicole will complain about Kaysar nonstop.

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?
xmas was 100% throwing that lol

rip, wanted that day win

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I think she puts up David and Kevin and tries to avoid a Day blowup on her watch

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Truth is with Kaysar gone I feel the weight of caring lifted. This time tomorrow Kaysar will be tucking his son into bed while Janelle sends him all the King Kaysar memes showing ehe's the star of the season. I'm at peace with the rest of this nonsense happening how it happens.

pospysyl
Nov 10, 2012

Better to get kicked early than what happened with Donny

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.

STAC Goat posted:

Truth is with Kaysar gone I feel the weight of caring lifted. This time tomorrow Kaysar will be tucking his son into bed while Janelle sends him all the King Kaysar memes showing ehe's the star of the season. I'm at peace with the rest of this nonsense happening how it happens.

Do feed watchers also hate this season? Is that the general sentiment?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Twin Cinema posted:

Do feed watchers also hate this season? Is that the general sentiment?

Its been commonly debated if this is the worst season of Big Brother ever and if the game is just fundamentally broken.

There's a theme that hasn't shown up on TV of "Old School vs New School" and Kaysar and Janelle tried to encourage people to make big moves and push back against "the house" or "what the HOH wants" and everyone came back at them with "the game has evolved, it doesn't work like that anymore." And feedsters en masse hate that. An entire meme of the most iconic moments in Old School BB popped up when Cody said "Old School is boring." And there's a widespread theory in and out of the house that Derrick organized pregame strategy and alliances and that he's the one who basically broke the game by establishing the New School style of play so effectively.

I'd say All Stars is not only hated but is actively damaging the show's fanbase because its making them realize how broken the game is.

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
I’d say the game is fundamentally broken, but also having an All Stars season during a pandemic when most of the good players smartly chose family over a dumb game was a bad idea.

Savahontas
Jun 13, 2005

I say..
Yea buddy!
Rolling like a big shot,
Chevy tuned up like a Nascar pitstop
It was Tyler who said if was boring right? Although maybe I'm confused since part of the meme was calling him "Taylor" and "Trevor."

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

You're right. I confused them. My Cody hate is all consuming. But I just did a quick twitter search for "call old school boring" and its all Taylor and Trevor.

Savahontas
Jun 13, 2005

I say..
Yea buddy!
Rolling like a big shot,
Understandable. I'm a major Trevor hater so it stuck with me.

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

I love knockout games... Day knows exactly where she and Bay stand now.
Not like, Janelle and Kaysar haven't been telegraphing that message for weeks.

Kaysar got the cores jumbled up but it was at least successful in how it was received in the house.
Xmas will just do what Enzo and Tyler tell her and this will be another throwaway week of Kevin, Ian and David in a nomination round robin.

Faaaaaaarrrrrrrrrt!

Ace Jameson
Feb 10, 2006
To me, the game isn’t broken and the show isn’t broken. It’s just that when people in the same alliance win consecutively (especially early) people say oh gently caress, here we go again. But alliances are only as strong as the weakest member. We’re already seeing it with Dani and everyone turning on her. Sucks to see Kaysar go because I think he was a solid player but could never really get out of neutral gear, no fault of his own. I would have loved to see Day win just to see if she’d stir the pot, but even Christmas, if she’s paying attention, should realize she’s on the outside and do something about it. If not, well, maybe Ian gets HoH next week :confuoot:

Ace Jameson fucked around with this message at 06:25 on Sep 4, 2020

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

idea: bring back battle of the block for the first 4 weeks but remove veto from the board during that phase.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I think that would still just lead to targeting the weakest people first and encourage the strong players to unite and not put each other up. They might not be able to backdoor each other but they still can't control the HOH unless their team loses. So you're not gonna put up 2 studs, lose to the 2 weakest in the house, and then both your targets are still there.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

The influencer culture is part of what kills the game now IMO. It used to be a fight for the grand prize and now it’s just all about staying one more week to increase online earning potential. They focus went away from winning the game to just throwing the right person under the bus each week to lengthen your stay.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, I think its both. There's a formula established with modern players of how you advance. Build a house alliance, pretend no one's playing the game, use group think to ostracize targets, move on to the next target. It works. Nearly every winner and jury in recent memory has come from the early majority alliance. Its just a safe strategy. Each week your group's odds of winning go up and its not worth the risk to stick your neck out.

And yeah, a big part of why its not worth the risk is because they're all building brands. Tyler is a millionaire off of spinning his BB celebrity. Swaggy C got eliminated 2nd and bought his mom a house. Modern social media culture just encourages them to stay on tv and not do anything too crazy for as long as possible. House alliances help that. "Get to Jury" has become a business plan.

That's a big part of why Janelle and Kaysar played the way they did. They were firmly in the camp of "I either wanna play or go home to my family." And they clashed with the New Schoolers because they're there to survive, add Instagram followers, and build a brand.

Literally, people in this house form alliances, immediately design a logo, and then turn to the camera and tell someone at home to start selling the shirts. Kaysar noted at one point how brilliant Chilltown were that they were doing that already 15 years ago.

A Typical Goon
Feb 25, 2011
Somehow Christmas managed an even less impressive hoh win than the time she won a race with a broken foot

Bucswabe
May 2, 2009
Would a week 3 America's HOH help course correct things? It seems like in most seasons the fans are usually most against the cool kids that are running the game.

Savahontas
Jun 13, 2005

I say..
Yea buddy!
Rolling like a big shot,

Bucswabe posted:

Would a week 3 America's HOH help course correct things? It seems like in most seasons the fans are usually most against the cool kids that are running the game.

At the very least it would be funny to see them try to figure out who we are rooting for. And remember they extra care because they're wannabe influencers. Although honestly maybe I'm being mean.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

I do love getting an episode of the trio being really mad.

It's too bad it took people an extra few weeks to realize what was happening in the house, and it's also too bad it's a Christmas HOH, but maybe this will lead to...something?

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?
Oh wow, David got one.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I'm convinced BB brought back Christmas for the sound effects.

Also its really weird that Dani is lying to herself, Cody, Nicole, and the DR that they're not working together. "He was wrong about everything." He really, really wasn't.

Its gonna be amusing when they get out and see Kaysar is the star of the season.

Also Tyler acting surprised the alliance he's been turning against each other are turned against each other. This cast is so full of poo poo. Its weird.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Sep 7, 2020

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

I am unsure why Dani is lying, but I also didn't understand why she lied to Cody about throwing the hinky vote, or why she is mixing up her alliances.

I really hope one of Kaysar or Janelle win America's favourite. They have to be well out in front by this point, right?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

If the vote was right now they'd unquestionably be 1 and 2 and it would just be a question of the order.

When the season's over? Who knows? They'll be off TV a long time and someone like Day or Ian could step up as a fan favorite in the absence. The narrative needs a hero.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

That's true. We have short memories, and in another month, the memories of Kaysar may be forgotten.

Does Dani think she's playing a better game than she actually is? It seems like everyone knows what she is doing, but she just continues playing dumb -- even to herself.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Dani was playing very well until that hinky vote. Everything kind of started to unravel there. Like she got that mastermind edit and got Janelle out after targeting her for weeks and it went to her head and she overplayed herself into a bad position.

But by and large everyone in that house thinks they're playing better than they are. Like look at Day. If you go to the HOH in Week 5 and say "I've never talked game with you but lets roll together" you have no right to be that confident.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Thats true -- maybe everyone has taken the word "All-Star" and let it to go their heads.

Also, does Tyler continually play the victim in every single situation?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yes. And he always has.

Tyler = Nicole

- Emotionally manipulative.
- Gets others to do their work.
- Completely self absorbed and cares about no one else.
- Plays the victim whenever they're caught.
- Whines.
- Really effective.
- Works hard to maintain a fan favorite image.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

That was my issue with Tyler in his season. He played like a villain but presented himself as a good guy. Even in his final speech, he never owned up to it. It’s frustrating.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, its just his MO. He goes to Bayleigh at the start of the season and says he feels bad for BB20 and wants to work with her this time. Bayleigh aligns with him. Tyler spends all season saying he doesn't want Bayleigh to yell at him again. Tyler does his old stuff and plays Bayleigh and Dani against each other. He gets caught. Its Bayleigh's fault and he's the victim.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Love it when the two people on the block lose first.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

What the hell is even going on??

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

If nothing else this past week will be remembered for All Stars being faced with their greatest challenge. Basic math.

Twin Cinema posted:

What the hell is even going on??

Gaslighting.

Ace Jameson
Feb 10, 2006
Tyler acting like he’s drugged up or something

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

This edit really seems like Tyler wants to quit and is depressed/feeling bad about his game? From the feeds you think it’s all bullshit?

Sorry, school started and I am behind on your feed recaps.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Oh, good thing Tyler has managed to make himself the victim in all of this again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

This is the most embarrassing game move I have seen, I think.