Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
Jurassic Bros vs Lucha Express 12 15.38%
Jakeico vs Sonny and Joey 8 10.26%
Nyla vs Tay 4 5.13%
Dustin vs The Mister 54 69.23%
Total: 78 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I thought tonight’s show was awesome, which is great because the ppv left me a bit sour. Now that summer is over I’m back to being the weekday parent, so I can watch wrestling on Wednesdays without needing to drive him to his moms.

He watched the first hour with me - OC is his guy and he was pumped to watch the OC match.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

I'm really glad to see Miro show up. We're at the point where the AEW roster is full as is and he's the last former WWE guy I've wanted to see make the jump.

That said, I'd be totally cool with Kevin Owens and Sami Zayn. Not that it's going to be happening any time soon.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

I made top five posters this week in the thread, aww yeah.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Gavok posted:

I'm really glad to see Miro show up. We're at the point where the AEW roster is full as is and he's the last former WWE guy I've wanted to see make the jump.

That said, I'd be totally cool with Kevin Owens and Sami Zayn. Not that it's going to be happening any time soon.

I'd take Kevin Owens, Zayn, and Daniel Bryan. That's it though.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

it's the big show

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Cavauro posted:

it's the big show

It's Big Show as a Go-Bot.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Memnaelar posted:

Easy to do. Both are creepy sex cults with hairy bad-rear end front men and tons of goons who don't know how to throw a punch.

edit: I freaking love GWAR.

I don't think it's possible to like pro wrestling without liking GWAR as well.

Good show tonight. Hoping they keep some space for Orange Cassidy to be lazy, even if it's just in angles, but the matches were good and Tay wiping tears away as she came to the ring was really touching; this signing must mean a lot to her. Also Dustin Rhodes is a 50-year-old man who moves like a 30-year-old man somehow and I love it.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Gavok posted:

It's Big Show as a Go-Bot.
What would his machine robo name be?

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

The Go Big Show

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Big show would totally be Strong Machine Jr

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Great episode of Dynamite. I love seeing a bunch of new directions off a PPV.

And I love all the :decorum: Vincels coming out of the woodwork yet again.

Mohawk Potato
Jan 15, 2008

MJeff posted:

Great episode of Dynamite. I love seeing a bunch of new directions off a PPV.

And I love all the :decorum: Vincels coming out of the woodwork yet again.

Oh what bug has crawled up their rear end now?

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Mohawk Potato posted:

the miro promo, i'd have to imagine

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Mohawk Potato posted:

My guess would be Fire Ant.

Alaois posted:

the miro promo, i'd have to imagine

Oh right, it's probably that.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Mohawk Potato posted:

Like Alaois said, it's Miro. "AEW SIGNED ANOTHER WWE REJECT!", "WHY DO THEY ALWAYS HAVE TO TALK ABOUT WWE?! :qq:" and so on.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012
That Sabian/Miro segment was loving awful

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

OctoberCountry posted:

I thought it was really wholesome and I couldn’t stop smiling.

The fans Miro Day chant seemed to genuinely impact Miro and that’s the reason I watch wrestling.

Tonight rocked.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Big show would totally be Strong Machine Jr

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VIDOHX_aJzk

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

I'm extremely happy Miro is there, and my feelings are admittedly not great about him being introduced randomly as Kip Sabian's partner rather than as a huge individual deal, but objectively he's one of my favorite dudes and I'm not sure there's any intro that would've satisfied me that wasn't him beating up the entire Elite singlehandedly, so I'm still happy about it.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

The location of THE KEEP has been revealed.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

OctoberCountry posted:

The first part was loving dreadful, but I liked it once Miro came out.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
It was a pretty cheesy segment and not a great promo content-wise, but I think people are pretty tired of wrestlers debuting as Big Deals, immediately pushing toward a title shot and then falling down the card. Introducing Miro in a more low-key way lets you build him more deliberately

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

OctoberCountry posted:

It might just be because I love Kip Sabian for reasons I can't quite articulate, but I thought it was fun and good.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Thank you for putting this into the OP, OP :hellyeah:

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

CarlCX posted:

I'm extremely happy Miro is there, and my feelings are admittedly not great about him being introduced randomly as Kip Sabian's partner rather than as a huge individual deal, but objectively he's one of my favorite dudes and I'm not sure there's any intro that would've satisfied me that wasn't him beating up the entire Elite singlehandedly, so I'm still happy about it.
Well, it's a tweak on the twitch thing, and him doing back to back wedding bits with a more light-hearted tone.

Also the sense of relief it wasn't Havoc kinda struck me.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

MJeff posted:

That was WWE level comedy and it completely killed any enthusiasm I would have had for him showing up

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
If I were Eddie Kingston I would let Lance Archer get his shot before making too big a stink about not being eliminated. I wouldn't want to piss of lance archer even if I had four strong sons on my side.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

MJeff posted:

Didn’t need tomhe first two beats at all, but at least it was only a 5 minute deal instead of 15, and the Kip/Pillman match we get on Dark (or maybe Kip/Miro vs Pillman/Garrison match) will probably be fine.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

can't believe miro swerved the iwc by poo poo talking dave meltzer days before joining the company that pays him

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

I like Miro but he's a big enough name that they need to dedicate TV time to him, and they're strained by their current established roster as it is. Him hanging around with Kip and Penelope could be fun, though.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

xbilkis posted:

It was a pretty cheesy segment and not a great promo content-wise, but I think people are pretty tired of wrestlers debuting as Big Deals, immediately pushing toward a title shot and then falling down the card. Introducing Miro in a more low-key way lets you build him more deliberately

Yeah that's about how I felt too. I didn't care for the promo aside from Miro Day and best comma man, but I like Kip and Miro and I'm interested in where things go. Unless it's cucking.

I could do without ever hearing another WWE held me down promo but if anyone can make that claim it's Miro.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
I'm glad Miro escape humiliating cuckold angles to make it into a respectable cuckold angles. once the cuckold now the hotwife MIRO.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

How good of a show was today’s show?

Ryan loving Satin, the worst, even loved it. Said every segment had his attention.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

I liked the segment but I have a higher tolerance for humorous segments than some.

Paper Lion
Dec 14, 2009

i had a bit of a "oh no what is you doin" moment when miro started talking about glass ceilings and brass rings and "that other place" but i was happy to see him smiling and excited to be a pro wrestler. just a big happy boy.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
I liked the segment cause Kip entertains me. No idea who the fat guy though

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Seams posted:

her name is penelope ford

Erainor
Dec 30, 2017

THUNDERDOME LOSER
The Blonde hair on our new Beefy Boy is taking a bit of getting used to. Remember when Old Dustin was the biggest guy on the roster?

BEEEEEEEF

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Will there be a Kenny vs miro feud down the line over who is the greater gamer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Seams posted:

That was Puf, he's an indie comedy wrestler.