Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Hotel Soap is super proud of his little perfumed balls that never get dirty or stinky
##vote Somber this feels like his scum play to me. At worst, we test sanity of two of us. I was asleep most of the day, sorry about that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Adidas and good luck recovering then 👋

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

welp

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Somberbrero posted:

Hello Sandnavy! I think you missed my question because you didn't answer it 🙂

Why would at lunch someone at random instead of making an informed decision based off our discussion?

Sorry, I’m posting a bit sporadically today.

As to the question, it’s not so much random as it is the person with the most reads that*also* happen to differ. My vote, then, is not on your play, which is reading null and a bit defensive but not scummy per se, but on the fact that there’s better odds of fingering scum this way than not. So my play is ignoring discussion at the moment and focusing on the logic puzzle. However, if someone egregiously scum slips or there’s something more concrete, I’ll switch. But it takes four to execute, not two as it was after I voted, but I wanted my point known that I don’t think this is the incorrect play absent something major.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
MAINFRAME - Tiles on the cube are still smouldering, casting the framework in a soft glow. Virescent PLAY and PRINT keys shine on the keyboard.

YOU - Press PLAY again.

Votecount for Day 1

Somberbrero (3): Snooze Cruise, PMush Perfect, sandnavyguy, PMush Perfect, DGK2000
PMush Perfect (2): dmboogie, Scientastic, Scientastic, Somberbrero
sandnavyguy (1): DGK2000, Scientastic, DGK2000
Snooze Cruise (0): sandnavyguy, sandnavyguy
dmboogie (0): PMush Perfect, PMush Perfect
DGK2000 (0): Scientastic, Scientastic

Not Voting (1): PMush Perfect

LOGIC [Trivial: Success] With 7 alive, it takes 4 votes to execute.

ENCYCLOPEDIA [Medium: Success] The current deadline is September 11th, 2020 at 2 a.m. AEST -- that's in about 14 hours, 20 minutes.

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

oh that wasnt hammer yet nice

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

Somberbrero posted:

Let me ask everyone this, and I would like everyone to please do me a biiiiiiig favor in their answering by simply responding yes 👍 or no 👎

Do you think it would be good design, generally speaking, to give a member of the Town a valid 𝙽𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝 𝚉𝚎𝚛𝚘 investigation power?

hey somber since youre still alive where were you going with this

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

but yeah we only get two mislunches if we dont hit scum

7 - 2 = 5

5 - 2 = 3 = scum win

somber lunch technically gives us more info but i dont think its enough info to justify voting him on those grounds alone considering it doesnt narrow our results down that much

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

id like to hear snooze's thoughts on somber

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

dmboogie posted:

hey somber since youre still alive where were you going with this

It's a little pointless since not everyone answered and almost no one followed the directions who did answer😛

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
somber is my friend, i will always trust them

NOT!!!!!

they are my BEST FRIEND

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

Somberbrero posted:

It's a little pointless since not everyone answered and almost no one followed the directions who did answer😛

:pensive:

Snooze Cruise posted:

somber is my friend, i will always trust them

NOT!!!!!

they are my BEST FRIEND

then why are you still voting them!!!

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
i lied just now hehehehe

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

Snooze Cruise posted:

i lied just now hehehehe

hmmmmmm pretty scummy imo

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

DGK2000 posted:

##vote Somber this feels like his scum play to me. At worst, we test sanity of two of us. I was asleep most of the day, sorry about that.
Do you have anything else to add about what's going on? About the logic (or lack thereof), about trusting or not trusting cop claims?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Also, I appreciate that everyone's playing their cop games and being at least a little scummy, but that's not making this any easier.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Well, alright then. Don't say I didn't try to discuss it more.

##vote Somberbrero

:redhammer:

Good night.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
MAINFRAME - Tiles on the cube are still smouldering, casting the framework in a soft glow. Virescent PLAY and PRINT keys shine on the keyboard.

YOU - Press PLAY again.

Votecount for Day 1

Somberbrero (4): Snooze Cruise, PMush Perfect, sandnavyguy, PMush Perfect, DGK2000, PMush Perfect
PMush Perfect (2): dmboogie, Scientastic, Scientastic, Somberbrero
sandnavyguy (1): DGK2000, Scientastic, DGK2000
Snooze Cruise (0): sandnavyguy, sandnavyguy
dmboogie (0): PMush Perfect, PMush Perfect
DGK2000 (0): Scientastic, Scientastic

Not Voting (0):

LOGIC [Trivial: Success] With 7 alive, it takes 4 votes to execute.

ENCYCLOPEDIA [Medium: Success] The current deadline is September 11th, 2020 at 2 a.m. AEST -- that's in about 6 hours, 41 minutes.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

ENCYCLOPEDIA [Medium: Success] - Wait, there isn’t actually an “Institute of Price Stabilitie*, is there? Or maybe there is… God, it’s impossible to understand whether someone from the Moralintern is joking or not.

YOU - “What is *ze price stabilitie*?”

SUNDAY FRIEND – “It is ze most important thing.”

YOU - “That doesn’t tell me anything.”

SUNDAY FRIEND – “It’s the central goal of any sound monetary policy. Maintaining ze price stabilitie is essential to maintaining high levels of economic activity, which is essential for maintaining high levels of employment… Which is essential for maintaining *ze social stabilitie*...”

YOU - “How does this benefit us, exactly?”

SUNDAY FRIEND – “Take your daily bread, *par example*. Too much inflation, bread becomes too expensive, too much deflation, it becomes too cheap for bakers to produce… That’s why the Institute of Price Stabilite works to keep inflation just below 2%...”

YOU - “Below 2% of what?”

SUNDAY FRIEND – “But not *too* far below, no. Too below is also bad – below, *but close to* 2%.”

YOU - “You’re not answering my questions at all.”

SUNDAY FRIEND – “The Coalition believes in the importance of informing the public about the benefits of ze price stabilitie. Transparency is one of our principles. Would you like an informational pamphlet?”

YOU – “No, I’m good.”

SUNDAY FRIEND – “A sound monetary policy is *essential* for addressing *uncertainty*. Stability is the *raison d’etre* of the Moralintern. It’s the reason why I identify as a moralist."

YOU - “Wait, you’re a moralist?”

SUNDAY FRIEND – “But of course!”

YOU - “But why?”

SUNDAY FRIEND – “Because moralists believe in a normal, stable world governed by democratic values.”

YOU - “But what is a normal, stable world?”

SUNDAY FRIEND – “The Occident is part of the normal world. Oranje, Sur-la-Clef...”

YOU - “I don’t think I’m a moralist. Moralism sounds incredibly boring. I want more action. Also, calling it now, centrist cop is scum.”

Somberbrero, Boring Moralist Cop, Inland Empire (TOWN) Aligned, was forgotten D1.

It is now N1. You have 24 hours to submit your investigations.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

ANCIENT REPTILIAN BRAIN – You’re just talking to yourself. That’s all you ever do. Even in your dreams. And the act is wearing thin, the spots of the disco ball fade around you… The pictures are gone, the bed rises to meet you. A thin, sleep-like state. More glass than velvet, *grinding* in your head.

LIMBIC SYSTEM – So-something is *wrong*. Sleep shouldn’t be this bad. This dry. There’s something wrong with your thoughts. Some kind of… new type of hangover…

YOU – God… there’s *another* type?

LIMBIC SYSTEM – Oh yes, party boy. And it’s *worse* than the one before! Just think of the poo poo you saw! Here it comes too, so soon already! A silent alarm goes off in your head, like clockwork, barely let you sleep at all… Time to get those clothes on, Harry!

LIMBIC SYSTEM – Time to go to work in the poo poo factory!

Scientastic, Apocalypse Cop, Inland Empire (TOWN) Aligned, was forgotten N1.

It is now D2.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop

YOU - Press PLAY again.

Votecount for Day 2

Not Voting (5): DGK2000, dmboogie, PMush Perfect, sandnavyguy, Snooze Cruise

LOGIC [Trivial: Success] With 5 alive, it takes 3 votes to execute.

ENCYCLOPEDIA [Medium: Success] The current deadline is September 14th, 2020 at 2 a.m. AEST -- that's in about 1 day, 22 hours.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
my cop report says, dm guilty!11

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

So, we know Snooze is either Paranoid or Insane, and I got a Town result for her last night, so I'm either Sane or Insane, and Boogie is either Sane or Naive.

Did anyone investigate Sci?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Mafia edit: This assumes that everyone involved is telling the truth about their results, of course.

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Hotel Soap is super proud of his little perfumed balls that never get dirty or stinky
Snooze is town.

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

DGK2000 posted:

Snooze is town.

Between Sci, somber and I, I think snooze is town for sure

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

I got town for Sci

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

This time I investigated myself. Came up town.

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

town on snooze so yeah naive or sane still

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

So this is a dethy eh

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

sandnavyguy posted:

Are... are we claiming investigations already? Scientastic not scum.

Ok.

sandnavyguy posted:

I’m down to calibrate.

##vote Somber

I was too, at the time.

sandnavyguy posted:

I chose Sci because they generally get into a lot of conversation early so it would help put multiple perspectives out there for D2.

This is... reading like you think he's not going to be alive D2.

sandnavyguy posted:

I got town for Sci

Yeah we know, why bring it up again?

sandnavyguy posted:

This time I investigated myself. Came up town.

This I have a hard time believing. I think it's likely the scum aren't cops, and have to fake their actions. He obviously couldn't investigate someone if he was doing the kill, so claiming you checked yourself would be a safe play.

I think SNG is actually scum here.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

DGK2000 posted:

Ok.

Good I’m glad we agree on this basic fact.

I was too, at the time.

This is... reading like you think he's not going to be alive D2.

I don’t bet on anyone being alive D2

Yeah we know, why bring it up again?

because Pmush literally just asked if anyone investigated Sci? Reading comprehension is important!

This I have a hard time believing. I think it's likely the scum aren't cops, and have to fake their actions. He obviously couldn't investigate someone if he was doing the kill, so claiming you checked yourself would be a safe play.

:eng101: it’s also the smart play as a town cop to calibrate and to figure out if you’re insane or not, and if I was then I’d be voting sci today. Was my point.

I think SNG is actually scum here.

nope.

A point by point rebuttal, bolding mine.

Special attention to not reading that I was obviously replying to P Mush, and ignoring the entire major point of figuring out your cop flavor.

##vote DGK

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Which in a game of all cops, everyone really should be calibrating at some point.

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

sandnavyguy posted:

A point by point rebuttal, bolding mine.

Special attention to not reading that I was obviously replying to P Mush, and ignoring the entire major point of figuring out your cop flavor.

##vote DGK

Yeah I too investigated him N0 but I don't feel the need to reiterate.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

DGK's case feels really flimsy, and it's kind of out of nowhere, too. Just cherry-picking bad posts without much indication of what kicked it all off. Just gut? Then why not say that?

##vote DMBoogie

With my Cruise result agreeing with several other people's, I'm willing to gamble on being Sane. I'd also vote DGK, he definitely comes off worse of the two.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
i wonder who the mafia is... everyone agree i am town so i am the genius who needs to solve the game.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
i miss my friend somber... they woulda have help gave me moral support in these trying times

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I believe in Snooze Cruise!

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
i think it might be pmush

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Snooze Cruise posted:

i think it might be pmush

I think I agree here