Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Seedge posted:

Four titles out of 74 seems like you're writing off a lot of good games to me. What's the Xbox list look like?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Xbox_One-only_games

11. Whoa.

Gonna have a look at this list:

Crimson Dragon: A legit exclusive. Well done, Microsoft, treasure your rail shooter forever.
Dance Central Spotlight: I guess Just Dance ultimately won the dance-off that saved the rec center. Requires Kinect.
Fighter Within: 22 Metacritic. Requires Kinect.
Forza Motorsport 5: A legit exclusive but rendered pointless by the better follow-up titles in the genre.
Fru: I think you can play this with a controller but it was designed for Kinect.
Halo 5: PC has a partial version but I'm going to be generous and call this a full exclusive.
Kinect Sports Rivals: "I'd rather play Wii Sports." Kinect Required.
Powerstar Golf: It's golf. True exclusive.
Rare Replay: The only good true exclusive, even if it's a collection of Nintendo games.
Shape Up: Workout software that requires Kinect.
Xbox Fitness: Required Kinect and is fully discontinued so it's not even usable now.

So of the 11, you have 1 discontinued product that's no longer usable, 4 which require Kinect, 1 which really is meant for Kinect, a collection of Nintendo games, a rail shooter, a car game that's been superceded by other car games, a cheap downloadable golf game, and Halo 5.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009
Hey, buddy. :glomp:

AdmiralViscen posted:

A lot of them are niche but there are some heavy hitters like Persona 5

When did Persona 5 come out on anything else?

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Seedge posted:

When did Persona 5 come out on anything else?

ps3 lol they made a ps3 game in 2016

persona 5 is a really amazing game, highly recommend

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY MONEY

Stux posted:

again that list is nowhere close to complete because its missing all the ps4/pc only titles or ps4/switch titles

Ah, I'm primarily a PC Gamer so what I'm saying is that PS4's exclusives still don't matter to me or make me want to buy a PS4 to play them. The multi-functionality and intersectionality of the new Xbox with PC is what interests me in the console. Exclusives aren't everything.

Fair play if Sony makes a ton of stuff you like though, I'm sure it's worth picking a Playstation if you enjoy those games.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

ethanol posted:

it doesnt even have hzd on it lol, that game took 3 years to come to pc

Death Stranding is also not on that list.

That's always the annoyance of these lists, it's robbed of a lot of context and only lists games that are 100% exclusively on that console in present day. I mean Final Fantasy VII, love it or hate it, moved a stupid amount of Playstations back in its day despite a Windows release 9 months after the western PlayStation version. Same with the first two Metal Gear Solid games, and every PS2 Grand Theft Auto game. Yes, they came out on PC and Xbox with superior versions later, but that 9 months that San Andreas was a PS2 exclusive was a pretty big deal (also III and Vice City). They're also all universally seen historically as PlayStation games, even though they all had Windows versions within the 2 years following its release (and usually less than 1 year) and most of them had Xbox versions and possibly other versions too. This is without considering things like games having cross-gen releases (e.g. like Persona 5 mentioned earlier) but still being platform family-exclusive.

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009
Hey, buddy. :glomp:

Thom12255 posted:

Ah, I'm primarily a PC Gamer so

Then there is not a single game coming to Xbox you wouldn't be able to play?

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Thom12255 posted:

Ah, I'm primarily a PC Gamer so what I'm saying is that PS4's exclusives still don't matter to me or make me want to buy a PS4 to play them. The multi-functionality and intersectionality of the new Xbox with PC is what interests me in the console. Exclusives aren't everything.

Fair play if Sony makes a ton of stuff you like though, I'm sure it's worth picking a Playstation if you enjoy those games.

i think you'll find many of us have pc hence why the xbox makes no sense to buy anymore bceause the games are more important than ............. did you just say intersectionality

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

univbee posted:

Gonna have a look at this list:

Crimson Dragon: A legit exclusive. Well done, Microsoft, treasure your rail shooter forever.
Dance Central Spotlight: I guess Just Dance ultimately won the dance-off that saved the rec center. Requires Kinect.
Fighter Within: 22 Metacritic. Requires Kinect.
Forza Motorsport 5: A legit exclusive but rendered pointless by the better follow-up titles in the genre.
Fru: I think you can play this with a controller but it was designed for Kinect.
Halo 5: PC has a partial version but I'm going to be generous and call this a full exclusive.
Kinect Sports Rivals: "I'd rather play Wii Sports." Kinect Required.
Powerstar Golf: It's golf. True exclusive.
Rare Replay: The only good true exclusive, even if it's a collection of Nintendo games.
Shape Up: Workout software that requires Kinect.
Xbox Fitness: Required Kinect and is fully discontinued so it's not even usable now.

So of the 11, you have 1 discontinued product that's no longer usable, 4 which require Kinect, 1 which really is meant for Kinect, a collection of Nintendo games, a rail shooter, a car game that's been superceded by other car games, a cheap downloadable golf game, and Halo 5.

To be fair if you included games that also released on PC you'd have the bad Gears and Crackdown games and some more Forzas.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

im primarily a pc gamer and the only way id get an xbox to play the same games i already play but worse is if it was free lol

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

stev posted:

To be fair if you included games that also released on PC you'd have the bad Gears and Crackdown games and some more Forzas.

There are also a few games that are Xbox 360/Xbox One cross-generation. Screamride, Zoo Tycoon (also on PC now but I think that took a while), Forza Horizon 2, Disney Fantasia: Music Evolved...that might be it, actually.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Stux posted:

im primarily a pc gamer and the only way id get an xbox to play the same games i already play but worse is if it was free lol

I got my OneS to play old Xbox/360 games :getin: The only One game I own is the MCC

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Stux posted:

is why i ultimately parted with my xbones (even the xbonx i got for $100) they just sat in the closet once 2016 hit with all xbone games on pc

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Thom12255 posted:

Exclusives aren't everything.

In terms of moving consoles they are, actually. Nintendo would sell basically zero consoles if you could buy a Mario, Pokemon or Zelda game on a PlayStation.

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

tbh a setup where you keep a cheap Xbox at work or at your parents' house and your big boy PC at home and have games and cloud saves shared automatically can be pretty kickass. but third-party titles don't support it for the most part (FFXV does if you buy it twice on Xbox and MS Store :v:)

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Ruffian Price posted:

tbh a setup where you keep a cheap Xbox at work or at your parents' house and your big boy PC at home and have games and cloud saves shared automatically can be pretty kickass. but third-party titles don't support it for the most part (FFXV does if you buy it twice on Xbox and MS Store :v:)

It only supports this if you play your PC games via the Windows 10 Store and gently caress that noise.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

keep an xbox at work? where do you work and are they hiring

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

univbee posted:

It only supports this if you play your PC games via the Windows 10 Store and gently caress that noise.

Steam saves arent compatible? Dang

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I have my switch at work now cause i am locked alone in an empty class room making zoom calls 3 days a week

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mL4OC46VzFw

DF were briefed on the Series S back in March but have been embargoed until now :eyepop:

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

pretty sure the newer ms steam games hook into xbox live when they start up and do saves and things but dont have any installed atm to check

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

top ten juiced up coaches
and the top ten juiced up players

univbee posted:

In terms of moving consoles they are, actually. Nintendo would sell basically zero consoles if you could buy a Mario, Pokemon or Zelda game on a PlayStation.
a significant portion of switch owners only use the handheld mode, not to mention the lite is only $200. if i had to choose between getting a game on the switch or ps4 i'd choose the switch every time because the ps4 controller is garbage

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

butt dickus posted:

a significant portion of switch owners only use the handheld mode, not to mention the lite is only $200. if i had to choose between getting a game on the switch or ps4 i'd choose the switch every time because the ps4 controller is garbage

You forget that in the multiplat Mario timeline, the Vita wins the handheld wars.

And your PS4 controller hot take gave me stick drift whiplash.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

univbee posted:

You forget that in the multiplat Mario timeline, the Vita wins the handheld wars.

And your PS4 controller hot take gave me stick drift whiplash.

I agree with it. Hating the dual shock is a big reason why I stick with Xbox.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

the xbox pad is the worst pad out of the three lol designed for a bizarre death grip and has had stick drift issues for 15 years now

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

The joycons are the worst controllers made in the last 20 years

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

People buy Nintendo consoles for the exclusives and buy the exclusives because they have nothing better to do with their Nintendo console.

I love my Switch but I think if Nintendo just put their games on PS4 instead of releasing a console they'd all flop.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Quantum of Phallus posted:

the joycons also have stick destruction disease but at least the procon doesnt

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

stev posted:

I love my Switch but I think if Nintendo just put their games on PS4 instead of releasing a console they'd all flop.

You are out of your mind!!

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Mario Kart 8 on PS4 would sell 100 million copies

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

in a world where there are three consoles and two of them have controllers that literally destroy themselves the ds4 is king

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I like the controller that came with the One S, it feels good . I have the revision of the DS4 with the light bar at the top and the battery life is abysmal. Joycons suck absolute poo poo in every possible way.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
My Xbox One controller performs fine. It using batteries is laughable but that's also my own fault for not just buying a pair of enloops and swapping them out on a constant rotation.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

for the purposes of discussion the actual switch controller is the controller t he joycons are the handheld

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

i would like to say that the pstv is too small. there is no purpose to having a console so small that the cord exiting the entertainment center in an awkward way could prevent it from laying flat

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

top ten juiced up coaches
and the top ten juiced up players

Quantum of Phallus posted:

yes they are godawful but the pro controller is so good that i bought 4 of them. seen here: 10 good controllers and 2 bad ones

very happy with the genesis ones they've held up to 20+ years of use

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

that's too many controllers

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I'm glad Nintendo used leftover DS batteries for the Pro Controller and not whatever the gently caress Sony uses because the battery life is about 40 hours compared to 3 on the DS4.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

i like the switch pro controller but it doesn't have analog triggers for pc but that's ok because i like the ds4 too

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

Red Warrior posted:

It might be a light on functional units? Who knows.

Boy I think I'm going to figure out where to put the Series X so it sits upright because it's just a terrible giant brick on it's side.

For what it's worth I saw it confirmed somewhere a long time ago that it's just a green surface under the holes, not a green light or any kind of glow.

Like confirmed either by a Microsoft source or someone who got to try a functional unit. Maybe DF.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
Series X can be stored either horizontally or vertically, depending on how much space is available for it on the clearance rack