Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Nobody has tried a functional unit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!
xbox game studios does have good games, like ori, hell blade and obsidian games. And forza horizon 4 when you are drunk.

I would rather buy Ori on switch though.

Corin Tucker's Stalker
May 27, 2001

One bullet. One gun. Six Chambers. These are my friends.
Wasteland 3 was surprisingly good too, so I'm looking forward to seeing what inXile does next.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
The controllers are all fine, get your hands checked for Crab Hand Syndrome.

You know, I actively avoided Digital Foundry for years because of goons acting lovely about their results, but I see the actual guys themselves seem to be okay. It was just their horrible fandom, like most fandoms.

PC Hotrod Culture as an identity thing could stand to chill out a little bit in general. Just a little. Don't make me start using Tim "The Toolman" Taylor metaphors. 😉

These new consoles all look cool for regular people!

luv u all, stay healthy

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

top ten juiced up coaches
and the top ten juiced up players
'bout to cut some poo poo up with my crab hand

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

You know, I actively avoided Digital Foundry for years because of goons acting lovely about their results, but I see the actual guys themselves seem to be okay. It was just their horrible fandom, like most fandoms.
They're literally the most vanilla dudes ever. Anyone who has a strong opinion about them one way or another probably has some issues.

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

Quantum of Phallus posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mL4OC46VzFw

DF were briefed on the Series S back in March but have been embargoed until now :eyepop:
p sure the rumours about series s were going around then. everyone just hoped microsoft weren't dumb enough to go through with it, but here we are

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I like the ds4 but not how flimsy the plastic is. Dont like to hear it creaking if i put just a bit of force on it

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

Stux posted:

debt is an inherently bad thing sorry you live in a poisoned land where you buy like bread on a credit card or whatever

also going into debt to purchase something whose value will trend downward from the second you buy it is stupid unless its your only option due to income, especially when its a luxury good already. if its your only option thats fine. if you can afford to buy it buy it.
I'm halfway seriously asking if you're like a fundamentalist Muslim that thinks they can't get into heaven if they owe money

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Red Warrior
Jul 23, 2002
Is about to die!

Wiggly Wayne DDS posted:

p sure the rumours about series s were going around then. everyone just hoped microsoft weren't dumb enough to go through with it, but here we are

The Lockhart 'rumors' date back to at least December last year.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

butt dickus posted:

yes they are godawful but the pro controller is so good that i bought 4 of them. seen here: 10 good controllers and 2 bad ones

very happy with the genesis ones they've held up to 20+ years of use

all of those but the one in the middle suck and you have too many pads

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Lammasu posted:

I'm halfway seriously asking if you're like a fundamentalist Muslim that thinks they can't get into heaven if they owe money

pointlessly accruing debt i dont need to take on before i log on to post my borderline offensive insane take for the day

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Lammasu posted:

um excuse me guy who doenst like debt are you a muslim

what is wrong with you

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!

Lammasu posted:

I am European and have lived in various European countries and also not a boomer and credit (not debit ) cards have always been common with people I know, unless they don't have income to get one. As the purchase protections (esp in the uk by law )are always superior to debit cards.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Lammasu posted:

:whitewater:

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!
but lol at insinuating that if someone doesn't like debt they must be muslim

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

looks like we got a boomer

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia

Lammasu posted:

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

ethanol posted:

ps3 lol they made a ps3 game in 2016

I'm pretty sure a handful of PS2 games came out in like 2014.

Lammasu posted:

I just laughed aloud openly at the sight of this absurd thing, thank you.

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

Stux posted:

all of those but the one in the middle suck and you have too many pads
analog stick in the wrong spot
mushy face buttons
start and select buttons made flush with the controller and moved to dumb spots to make way for a worthless touchpad
awful split d-pad designed for people who never use diagonals

controller design peaked with the standard 6-button saturn controller

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia

Ok Comboomer posted:

I'm pretty sure a handful of PS2 games came out in like 2014.

They released FIFA games for PS3 until 2018
It also appears to be FIFA to release the last PS2 game in 2013.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Series x may not be great laying down. Vertical Stand does not come off according to twitter

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

gschmidl posted:

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

butt dickus posted:

analog stick in the wrong spot
mushy face buttons
start and select buttons made flush with the controller and moved to dumb spots to make way for a worthless touchpad
awful split d-pad designed for people who never use diagonals

controller design peaked with the standard 6-button saturn controller

wow incredible everything you said was wrong

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

hello from seattle

welcome to miami

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

Stux posted:

wow incredible everything you said was wrong
glad you agree there are a lot of things wrong with the ps4 controller. i forgot to mention the micro-usb port is also loose out of the box

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

Zurtilik posted:

They released FIFA games for PS3 until 2018
It also appears to be FIFA to release the last PS2 game in 2013.

rly? Are we talking just US, or globally? I could've sworn some singing/rhythm games and like a jrpg came out in some really specific localities.

I could be totally off base tho.

I might be confusing it with a story about an online PS2 rpg shutting down and ending support and pissing off a bunch of people in like 2016 or 2017 or something.

:shrug:

the SEGA Master System was massively popular, and remained in production for like decades, in Brazil. Games were being made for the Brazilian Master System in like the 2000s.

Edit: It remains on the market! So does the Genesis! https://www.atlasobscura.com/articles/brazil-is-a-video-game-alternate-universe-where-sega-beat-nintendo

trilobite terror fucked around with this message at 22:30 on Sep 10, 2020

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

butt dickus posted:

glad you agree there are a lot of things wrong with the ps4 controller. i forgot to mention the micro-usb port is also loose out of the box

all the things you said are bad are good, the rightt answers are using micro usb, a garbage port, and the triggers could do with some work but theyre ok

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

stev posted:

People buy Nintendo consoles for the exclusives and buy the exclusives because they have nothing better to do with their Nintendo console.

I love my Switch but I think if Nintendo just put their games on PS4 instead of releasing a console they'd all flop.

You know those games that keep selling for literal years even without the massive price slashing literally every other game gets? Well actually nobody wants to buy them, it's some kind of mind control or something.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Two words baby

Blood

Borne

Jumping into bloodborne this late in the game isn’t that fun. I tried. Feels like a blurry muddled mess compared to 4K native games.

TheAnomaly
Feb 20, 2003

I hope you like Gears of War!

State of Decay 3 and Fable will be 3rd person action games of some sort (well, in theory they could change their formula but I doubt it).

Right now you have Gears 5, Sea of Thieves, State of Decay 2, Battletoads, Minecraft Dungeons. Grounded has the option of being 3rd person but I play it in first. Probably more but those are the ones off the top of my head. Some are more action oriented than others.

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

i've done some additional research and found all of these controllers to be superior to the ps4's

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

everytime you post a pic it only proves my point for me

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

butt dickus posted:

i've done some additional research and found all of these controllers to be superior to the ps4's

The revised Sega Genesis/CD controller in the top right is the winner.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

butt dickus posted:

Paging univbee to reveal mount dual shock again

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009
Hey, buddy. :glomp:

TheAnomaly posted:

State of Decay 3 and Fable will be 3rd person action games of some sort (well, in theory they could change their formula but I doubt it).

Right now you have Gears 5, Sea of Thieves, State of Decay 2, Battletoads, Minecraft Dungeons. Grounded has the option of being 3rd person but I play it in first. Probably more but those are the ones off the top of my head. Some are more action oriented than others.
Battletoads is not a third person action game. It's a belt brawler, isn't it? Minecrsft Dungeons is Diablo, then, again, not quite what they're looking for. I didn't know Grounded had 3rd person camera, all I've seen is fps footage.

TheAnomaly
Feb 20, 2003

Seedge posted:

Battletoads is not a third person action game. It's a belt brawler, isn't it? Minecrsft Dungeons is Diablo, then, again, not quite what they're looking for. I didn't know Grounded had 3rd person camera, all I've seen is fps footage.

I prefer 3rd person in grounded because it helps fighting some of the larger creatures, but the default is first. I listed everything 3rd person and in the action genre (brawlers are, but Battletoads is weird for several other reasons as well - it has a huge host of minigames that change it from what you're doing and the brawler aspects are probably the worst parts of the game).

Minecraft dungeons is an ARPG lite, but ARPG literally stands for Action RPG.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Ok Comboomer posted:

rly? Are we talking just US, or globally? I could've sworn some singing/rhythm games and like a jrpg came out in some really specific localities.

I could be totally off base tho.

I might be confusing it with a story about an online PS2 rpg shutting down and ending support and pissing off a bunch of people in like 2016 or 2017 or something.

:shrug:

In 2016 they killed the Final Fantasy XI servers for PS2 and Xbox 360. The PC version is still alive as of today, though.

Last commercial PS2 game varies between regions, with the true last game I think being FIFA 14 Legacy Edition (released in Brazil and I think some other regions).

Just Dance was the only game being put out for the Wii on disc for a while, but its crown for "last disc game on Wii" has been usurped by Shakedown Hawaii.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
https://twitter.com/billykhan/status/1304113593898741761

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

The hello from seattle has been on microsoft hardware since the Zune. Its a weirdly endearing touch, but, uh, the Zune didn't do very well even if I own two still that I use.