Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

MizPiz posted:

Warhammer 40k>Dune

Warhammer was just ripping off Warcraft and Starcraft anyway. They even copied the "Space Marines" from the Terran Marines and the Tyranids from the Zerg.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 15 days!)

Wheeee posted:

do good quality copies of ds9 exist, im watching it on streaming and i swear the loving vhs quality is damaging my eyes

tng's remasters didn't sell good enough so cbs cancelled the ds9 remaster

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own

Bootleg Trunks posted:

All disney is bad

You will take my love for the movie Coco from my cold dead hands.

thatfatkid
Feb 20, 2011

by Azathoth

gradenko_2000 posted:

Warhammer was just ripping off Warcraft and Starcraft anyway. They even copied the "Space Marines" from the Terran Marines and the Tyranids from the Zerg.

And starcraft was blatantly ripping off Aliens. Its almost as if culture builds on what came before it. Such cultural evolution is a constant theme of the Dune series and why it should be required reading for all.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

I thought the zergs were a rip off of the tyrannid

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

the tyrannids are sjut a rip off of the flood

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

thatfatkid posted:

And starcraft was blatantly ripping off Aliens. Its almost as if culture builds on what came before it. Such cultural evolution is a constant theme of the Dune series and why it should be required reading for all.

Actually, Aliens was a ripoff of Starcraft. James Cameron should feel ashamed of himself.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
The Na'vi are just Tau that appeal to people with a noble savage fetish

Lokar
Mar 10, 2006

adepta sororitas are just a rip off of crusaders, but woke feminists

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
all fantasy is a ripoff of the hit board game and vhs feature movie: dragon strike

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

https://twitter.com/SonnyBunch/status/1303718712894255104?p=v

edit oh right this is one of those tweets where i should make a joke to contextualize why i posted it

ahem

damnable chinese people forcing hollywood to be racist does their villainy know no bounds

Some Guy TT has issued a correction as of 10:21 on Sep 10, 2020

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

this one speaks for itself i think

https://twitter.com/neontaster/status/1303681723927072769?p=v

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
Honestly instead of the lame weirding poo poo and herbert's obsession with kung fu they should have people fight in dune with technicals and t-55s and aks because the sword stuff is one of the lamest aspects of the universe.

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
I just finished season 3 of Korra. Yep. It's definitely a lib show. Zaheer did nothing wrong. And Avatar will definitely age like Harry Potter.

Nice animated action scenes though.

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

Just a funny av. Not a redtext or an own ok.
Is anyone watching that new Ridley Scott show about robits? Is it any good?

It looked kinda dumb from the trailers, but also weird enough that it might be interesting

Mirello
Jan 29, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Echo Chamber posted:

I just finished season 3 of Korra. Yep. It's definitely a lib show. Zaheer did nothing wrong. And Avatar will definitely age like Harry Potter.

Last airbender is phenomenal with generally good/anti imperialist messages. LOK has good moments, but was totally hamstrung by the fact that they could never plan beyond one season. korra and her gang are also way worse in every way than aang gang. It is pretty funny how much they resisted fan service wrt the old cast, at least until season 4 toph becoming a major character

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

i only saw last airbender and its overrated but only because its so overhyped at this point theres no way the show can realistically live up to it

except the zuko iroh relationship and how thats slowly expanded upon to be the sole emotionally healthy dynamic in the entire hyper abusive psycho royal family now that part actually lives up to the hype

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

Echo Chamber posted:

Avatar was contemporary with Harry Potter tho?

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/femme_thoughts/status/1304052795318951938?s=19

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
That’s just a ripoff of the 2002 Rob Schneider classic film The Hot Chick!

Aglet56
Sep 1, 2011
the ol' reverse mulan

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
marvel: "we have a new comic book show!"

me: eat poo poo. gently caress you.

marvel:

https://twitter.com/MarvelsMODOK/status/1303750507287031808?s=20

me:

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

its just horror freaky friday

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Panzeh posted:

Honestly instead of the lame weirding poo poo and herbert's obsession with kung fu they should have people fight in dune with technicals and t-55s and aks because the sword stuff is one of the lamest aspects of the universe.

that's just Star Wars

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

uber_stoat posted:

marvel: "we have a new comic book show!"

me: eat poo poo. gently caress you.

marvel:

https://twitter.com/MarvelsMODOK/status/1303750507287031808?s=20

me:

I assume this will be based on super villain team up

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo

josh04 posted:

Avatar was contemporary with Harry Potter tho?
Still waiting for left libs who prefer AOC over Rashida Tlaib to make metaphors comparing their favorite candidate to Katara and whatever future Lincoln Project analogue to Zuko.

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.

I remember Rian Johnson talking about his 'came from nothing' twist and how he justified it with how it becomes another obstacle for Rey to process and mature over which is a pretty good defense and then the writer for TROS said 'BUT WHAT DOES THAT REALLY MEAN?' and completely poo poo the bed.

The equivalent of if Return of the Jedi had Yoda telling Luke 'Nah Darth Vader lied and your dad went out as a hero trying to defeat him. Your anguish meant nothing.'

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

JJ Abrams is a hack and people need to admit that

Also I cant get past star wars 9 being TROS because that's one of the nonsense words Pinky would yell on Pinky and the Brain

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
Prior to TLJ my guess was Rey being somehow related to Obi-Wan. I liked the "no one" reveal, however. Way to bungle it all, JJ!

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

The Shadout Mapes is one of the most compelling female characters in all of literature

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

Echo Chamber posted:

Still waiting for left libs who prefer AOC over Rashida Tlaib to make metaphors comparing their favorite candidate to Katara and whatever future Lincoln Project analogue to Zuko.

AOC is such a Boss Bitch that the sorting hat would make up her own wizard house for her to be in charge of, right there, on the spot... AND ID BE IN IT XD

God Hole
Mar 2, 2016

mysterious frankie posted:

AOC is such a Boss Bitch that the sorting hat would make up her own wizard house for her to be in charge of, right there, on the spot... AND ID BE IN IT XD

yesssss and headmaster biden could name professor anita hill to be the head of house slaykween

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
I still had a disc Netflix plan ten years ago. And Netflix's streaming seemed like a miracle. They had so many new offerings every month.

Ten years later I feel like I'm paying at least eight times as much for all the different balkanized services and getting so much less.

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
very important pop culture news
(sorry for the collider link lol)
https://twitter.com/discussingfilm/status/1304162047568080903?s=21

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

I still had a disc Netflix plan ten years ago. And Netflix's streaming seemed like a miracle. They had so many new offerings every month.

Ten years later I feel like I'm paying at least eight times as much for all the different balkanized services and getting so much less.

Me, in 2010: Monkey paw, I wish that we could pick and choose our entertainment channels a la carte

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005

Echo Chamber posted:

very important pop culture news
(sorry for the collider link lol)
https://twitter.com/discussingfilm/status/1304162047568080903?s=21

fast and furious is just american james bond

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
Lower Decks would be genuinely good instead of all right if it they just focused on the Orion chick and the cyborg

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

MizPiz posted:

Lower Decks would be genuinely good instead of all right if it they just focused on the Orion chick and the cyborg

Haven't watched, is the main character of that just yet another knockoff of Phillip J Fry?

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

the gently caress is worf doing on ds9

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

Haven't watched, is the main character of that just yet another knockoff of Phillip J Fry?

It's Rick and Morty but they're starfleet ensigns