Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
The problem with hot dropping is that half the time you'll land and you'll lose a fight because you got a loving mozambique and the other guy landed next to a building carrying their preferred loadout + purple armour. Doesn't teach you much. It's why i'm such a fan of hot adjacent. Land, grab something, go get into a fight immediately after, preferably before the squad that landed on the good poo poo gets dug in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yellow Yoshi
Apr 29, 2020

Figure 1: Mario's weird dog

runchild posted:

TF|2 Ultimate Edition regularly goes on sale for single digit amounts of money on all platforms. Even if the multiplayer is full of sweats it’s worth it for the single player alone. Also, if you’ve got Xbox Game Pass Ultimate they just announced that it will include EA Play (formerly EA/Origin Access) starting sometime this holiday season, and TF|2 is available on that service.

This
Titanfall 2 is one of the finest singleplayer campaigns out there if you ask me. It's a shame its not more popular than it is, it definitely deserves to be.
Isn't TF2 all hitscan though? One of my biggest difficulties at the moment is leading a rapidly moving target (like a pathfinder swinging)
My two cents for practicing shooting is a game on steam called Apex Aim Trainer, its set up with most of the guns and recoil patterns and has scenarios for sniping, close range, etc. Even faster than constantly hot dropping, but you miss out on maximum realism for enemy movement, and I think the player movement feels a bit weird compared to actual Apex

KRILLIN IN THE NAME
Mar 25, 2006

:ssj:goku i won't do what u tell me:ssj:

dogstile posted:

The problem with hot dropping is that half the time you'll land and you'll lose a fight because you got a loving mozambique

mozambique rules though it literally has 33% more killing power this season :getin:

man in the eyeball hat
Dec 23, 2006

Capture the opening of the portal that connects this earth of 3D to one earth of 4D or 5D. Going to the 5D.

33% more of 0 is still 0

man in the eyeball hat
Dec 23, 2006

Capture the opening of the portal that connects this earth of 3D to one earth of 4D or 5D. Going to the 5D.

i don't know what the moz needs for me to not rag on it. more pellets in the spread? faster rate of fire? something about it is impossible to connect with.

Yellow Yoshi
Apr 29, 2020

man in the eyeball hat posted:

i don't know what the moz needs for me to not rag on it. more pellets in the spread? faster rate of fire? something about it is impossible to connect with.

It and the P2020 need hammerpoint built-in
Think of the carnage

man in the eyeball hat
Dec 23, 2006

i genuinely like the p2020 with hammerpoint. I'm not sure I've ever actually hit someone with the moz + hammerpoint

Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009

i genuinely like the p2020 with hammerpoint. I'm not sure I've ever actually hit someone with the moz + hammerpoint

it's a 1 shot when they have no shields. it's actually really good.

man in the eyeball hat
Dec 23, 2006

this weekend i will finally get a mozambique kill

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

The ability to dual wield it

runchild
May 26, 2010

420 smoke 🎨artisanal🍑 melange erryday

Hammer-mozzy shined bright in the original Armed & Dangerous mode where the highest shields possible were white. The recent A&D Evolved kinda undid that.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore
Find some friends who want to get better at clicking heads and play around in the firing range with friendly fire.

I would advise against using csgo Deathmatch to practice aiming because the styles are completely different. Apex is about never stopping moving, while with counterstrike-like games you need to stop while shooting.

Apex is weird because it's a relatively high ttk game with a ton of mobility. Sure it's based off CoD/Titanfall style gameplay but the guns in those games kill you so much faster. Tracking is much more important in apex than other games.

Kovaaks isn't bad if you want practice. There's a bunch of scenarios around shooting strafing enemies with various weapons.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Yeah, CSGO teaches crosshair placement and recoil control, which are important but you're right, it won't teach you the movement stuff. Crosshair placement is something that I kick myself (and others, if they ask) for because it is quite simply "stop aiming at the ground" but everyone does it.

Weirdly enough I think loving around with hitscan characters in overwatch did a ton for my early adaptation of apex. Movement and abilities came real easy, the aiming not so much but i at the very least was used to keeping my aim on target while moving.

John DiFool
Aug 28, 2013

Moz with hammer point will one shot someone without shields. It’s worth exploring, but it’s still a very situational gun.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
I've said it once, I'll say it again, someone needs to bring a good aim trainer to console and they would make a S H I T L O A D of money.

Henron
Feb 19, 2010

Arms held out
In your Jesus Christ pose

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

I've said it once, I'll say it again, someone needs to bring a good aim trainer to console and they would make a S H I T L O A D of money.

Why? Those people get aim assist anyway.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

John DiFool posted:

Moz with hammer point will one shot someone without shields. It’s worth exploring, but it’s still a very situational gun.

Early game it's workable now too. It used to be if someone got armour you basically couldn't one mag them, now you can and with hammerpoints you're walking through early fights laughing. I actually made a gold armour lifeline/purple armour wraith back the gently caress off last night because i nailed them with the mozzie.

I was also playing wraith at this point (can't play fat characters when i play with NA dudes) so i guess that helps in the whole "they missed" department.

I'll say it again btw, wraith feels like easy mode.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

Henron posted:

Why? Those people get aim assist anyway.

Aim assist is not some magical genie that gives every console player roughly equivalent aim.

John DiFool
Aug 28, 2013

To continue moz chat: It think it's viable if you're careful with your engagements. In 1:1 fights people don't expect to be in one shot danger as soon as their shields break. So break shields, break line of sight for a moment to switch to moz and then down them.

I've been experimenting more this morning and it's really effective. You've got 4 shots and you only need to hit one full shot to down so you've got some wiggle.

Good to pair with a solid short to medium range weapon.

John DiFool
Aug 28, 2013

Also tfw you open a pack and you get legendary crafting materials.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

Try the "Feast or Famine" loadout, Sentinel + shorter range sight + P2020 Hammerpoint.

Charge the Sentinel, hit your first shot, congrats! You've won the fight. Miss? You looooooose!

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Try the "Feast or Famine" loadout, Sentinel + shorter range sight + P2020 Hammerpoint.

Charge the Sentinel, hit your first shot, congrats! You've won the fight. Miss? You looooooose!

Not if you bind shoot to your scroll wheel :v:

Or just learn to click really fast. I can click 8 times a second according to a test I did a second ago.

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

A bad poster trying to get better.
Anyone who is on the fence because of some 'magical' tryhard sweatlords in TF2 should be aware that apex teaches you like 25% of the movements needed for tf2.
Just beating the campaign adds 30% more. With that you can be on par with sweaty tryhards, albeit inconsistently, and can progress easily in MP.
And MP is glorious.

ParadeRainer
Jul 2, 2019

I can't remember if I used it when we played together but my favorite loadout that shouldn't work but absolutely does is Mastiff and P2020 Hammerpoint. Playing hyper aggressive and using Mastiff to get big chunks of damage before pistoling everyone down is so fun.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

ParadeRainer posted:

I can't remember if I used it when we played together but my favorite loadout that shouldn't work but absolutely does is Mastiff and P2020 Hammerpoint. Playing hyper aggressive and using Mastiff to get big chunks of damage before pistoling everyone down is so fun.

You did not use that, but it sounds extremely fun.

I dropped a 9 kill game with Revenant yesterday with the purple clip burstfire Prowler + purple bolt EVA. Extremely good gun combo if you can get to knife/short range, lots of opportunities to corner-peak and shoot and if I left them with a tiny amount of health even after 7 Prowler volleys I would just switch the EVA and lights out. Also shot a couple people in the back from around 50m ADSing down the Prowler sights and dropped them before they could even process what was happening, very good stuff.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
I personally have trouble with the doubletap Eva-8, 4 shots and a long reload makes it hard to deal with the second person or to get punished for reloading early, not to mention it feels hard to hit the delayed second shot.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

I don't generally use the double tap on the EVA, and I legit like the gun.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Double tap feels like a straight downgrade to the Eva-8, I'd rather use a hammerpoint Mozambique, they both have 4 shots but the Mozambique is a bit faster firing and easier to land.

Change my mind on the double tap for Eva-8 someone.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
It's amazing how one extra shot makes a giant difference between the Mozambique being a Hateful Useless Meme Gun to Actually It's Pretty Good (With Hammerpoints)

Having the wriggle room for one extra shot before reloading is a tiny change that really made a big difference to me. Cleared out 11 people in one match and that was thanks to donking them with the Hammerbique a bunch :getin:

Overminty
Mar 16, 2010

You may wonder what I am doing while reading your posts..

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Double tap feels like a straight downgrade to the Eva-8, I'd rather use a hammerpoint Mozambique, they both have 4 shots but the Mozambique is a bit faster firing and easier to land.

Change my mind on the double tap for Eva-8 someone.

At lower levels of armour you can down someone in one shot.

At higher levels 2.

runchild
May 26, 2010

420 smoke 🎨artisanal🍑 melange erryday

Overminty posted:

At lower levels of armour you can down someone in one shot.

At higher levels 2.

Alternatively you can get 10-20 damage per trigger pull until you’re mowed down by whatever automatic weapon they’re using. For this reason I have declared a temporary personal moratorium on using shotguns.

John DiFool
Aug 28, 2013

you love to see it

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

John DiFool posted:

you love to see it

if only you had dragged the game on for 26 more seconds

John DiFool
Aug 28, 2013

Futaba Anzu posted:

if only you had dragged the game on for 26 more seconds

gently caress!

ErKeL
Jun 18, 2013
I've gotten one kill with the mozambique since release and that was last week on a drop.
Honestly that's probably because I don't use it at all and when I do I haven't practiced but other than as a gimmick I'm not convinced its a real gun.
Its rounds shoot weird and slow and I just can't line poo poo up from the 2 feet I'm firing from.

P2020 on the other hand is a sniper rifle and you can just magdump into peoples' heads. You don't even need a primary to drop their shields, just it with hammerpoints and melt suckers.

My fav is still the triple take this season though. Someone earlier in the thread blew my mind and revealed the gold weapons in the bunkers at kings canyon aren't actually random and I've been dropping non-stop in the centre to claim that gold triple and I'm winning games with it.
I've only ever had it contested at the start of game from me twice. Once from a teammate, and once by a full squad that dropped down there and got wrecked when they came back up because only 1 dude was geared.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

Yeah hardly anyone is going to those King's Canyon loot vaults. It's great. And the Gold Triple Take is just a third-party MACHINE.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

the new LTM is kings canyon after dark, still with the old version of kings canyon

just played a game, got dropped into skulltown and wiped in 10 seconds just like the good old days

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

although now there's no LTM available, maybe that wasn't supposed to go live yet lol

Yellow Yoshi
Apr 29, 2020

ErKeL posted:

a full squad that dropped down there and got wrecked when they came back up because only 1 dude was geared.

What do you mean if I grab all the loot from my teammates we lose the first fight??? This wouldn't happen if I got matched with better teammates who didnt suck </s>

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knight2m
Jul 26, 2002

Touchdown Steelers

Dual wield.