Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Doomhammer
Feb 14, 2010

https://twitter.com/KoeiTecmoUS/status/1304258111054716928

Neat, a new playlist for when I'm playing Total War: Three Kingdoms! (seriously though I'm glad they finally did this.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:coolspot:
Seashells by the
Seashorpheus
Which one's my favorite?

:rock:

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
It's all about Sacred Ground which has had the unfortunate consequence of making Wu Zhang Plains feel underwhelming in every subsequent game

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
Men of Intelligence is still my favorite.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Sudden Javelin posted:

It's all about Sacred Ground which has had the unfortunate consequence of making Wu Zhang Plains feel underwhelming in every subsequent game

In 6 Empires, every battle I did was set to Sacred Ground.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
I'm big on Welcome to China and Geniuses' Sanctuary. DW6/E had a REALLY good soundtrack in general.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

kirbysuperstar posted:

I'm big on Welcome to China and Geniuses' Sanctuary. DW6/E had a REALLY good soundtrack in general.

This is also extremely true.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

The Doomhammer posted:

https://twitter.com/KoeiTecmoUS/status/1304258111054716928

Neat, a new playlist for when I'm playing Total War: Three Kingdoms! (seriously though I'm glad they finally did this.)

Thanks for sharing, love the soundtrack of this series, it's so drat underrated.

Azran posted:

Agreed.

Listening to this makes me hyped for Tokyo Game Show.

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

Oppression + Yellow Storm + Jump Into The Battlefield babyyyyy

Eve + Struggle for Existence

edit: Started listening to The Seventh Hardship and I'm getting gaming ptsd

The Chad Jihad fucked around with this message at 16:29 on Sep 11, 2020

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

I'LL PUNISH YOU ACCORDING TO YOUR CRIME

Azran posted:

Exotic Traitors for me.

Maybe tied with Cry for Wind and Eve.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Seashells by the
Seashorpheus
I can't find this on spotify

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iDsvtIANDio

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
As far as kicking things into high gear mid-mission on a twist, i haven't found any better than My Bad Fellow yet, it's a decently banging tune on its own, but it was impeccably used during the fights.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Dynasty Warriors always had really fantastic music. You wouldn't think that the Three Kingdom period and butt rock would go hand-in-hand but it does.

Happy Hedonist
Jan 18, 2009

I’m glad I’m not the only one that loves the music from these dumb games.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
ok im gonna level with you guys i like dynasty warriors soundtrack but i like the ska buttrock of pirate warriors better

if we're talking strictly DW then cry for wind and dark angel are good, but my favorite track is >long time ago lol

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

The White Dragon posted:

ok im gonna level with you guys i like dynasty warriors soundtrack but i like the ska buttrock of pirate warriors better

if we're talking strictly DW then cry for wind and dark angel are good, but my favorite track is >long time ago lol

I mean, fair enough, some of the songs are absolute bangers. This one is my absolute favorite, but the Enies Lobby one is a strong contender.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3MQ-ruCrlA

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
Hows the Switch version of PW4? I've just beaten legend mode in PW3 on Switch, and although I'm nowhere near done with the game I'm just wondering if its noticeably worse than the other versions when I do get tempted to move on

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

just picked up WO3U, never played an orochi game before

I could never get into hyrule warriors, i think partly because I just don't care about zelda but also I think a big part of it is I really miss all the random mooks having names, rather than just being endless goblins lead by bigger goblins.
if they gave them all names and random hats i'd like it twice as much

also i miss the feel of a battle going on around you that you influence, thats becoming less and less of a thing

BlazetheInferno
Jun 6, 2015

Communist Thoughts posted:

also i miss the feel of a battle going on around you that you influence, thats becoming less and less of a thing

This. Absolutely 100% this. While the spectacle of later Warriors games is fun of being an absolute God just slaughtering thousands, the earlier games actually gave you a sense that you are not the only person fighting on this battlefield. Mooks from both sides would be actually attacking each other. Hell, the mooks could be a *genuine threat* in the early games, DW3 especially.

If you were doing especially well, your allies would be capable of actually doing stuff on their own, taking out officers without your presence. ...Sometimes even when your completionism doesn't want them to, because you want their drops...

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

I believe part of this is the separation of gameplay styles. Things like Empires, Gundam, and Hyrule and Fire Emblem Warriors revolve a lot around territory management, so sending people to specific areas or seeing a bunch of allies trying to hold a base makes the battle seem way more vast and expansive. A lot of the mainline games feel like a collection of linear mission objectives where instead of being a warrior among thousands, you're a warrior of a thousand, just wrecking poo poo like the main character of a movie.

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost
DW buttrock is nice and all but I enjoyed the music from the Samurai Warriors games quite a bit more.

The osaka castle theme has to be up there with one of my favorite tracks ever.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RcGxs7sXtEE

Outside of that a good runner up would be the Warriors Orochi's Ryu Hayabusa theme. They could have done anything including making a new original track for him or use one of his DOA themes, but instead they remixed the stage 4-2 theme and made an already amazing track ever better.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jaIUlz-wNU

CaptainRat
Apr 18, 2003

It seems the secret to your success is a combination of boundless energy and enthusiastic insolence...

Sudden Javelin posted:

Hows the Switch version of PW4? I've just beaten legend mode in PW3 on Switch, and although I'm nowhere near done with the game I'm just wondering if its noticeably worse than the other versions when I do get tempted to move on

I'm playing it and while the in-battle performance has been fine from what I've noticed (while docked), the pre-stage load times are really lengthy; I don't know how they compare to other platforms but it's noticeably long.

Ryoga posted:

Outside of that a good runner up would be the Warriors Orochi's Ryu Hayabusa theme. They could have done anything including making a new original track for him or use one of his DOA themes, but instead they remixed the stage 4-2 theme and made an already amazing track ever better.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jaIUlz-wNU

God yes, I was so amped the first time I heard this in WO3, I remember stopping and standing in that Ninja Gaiden stage as a kid because the song slapped so hard.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Fist of the North Star: Ken's Rage 2, one of the worst Warriors games ever, is coming to mobile for some reason.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Keiji's version of the "Dance of Kyoto" stage in SW1 is still the best stage in that game for pure carefree chaos.

BlazetheInferno
Jun 6, 2015

ZogrimAteMyHamster posted:

Keiji's version of the "Dance of Kyoto" stage in SW1 is still the best stage in that game for pure carefree chaos.

Absolutely yes. It's just a giant goddamn Murder-playground and it's wonderful.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

BlazetheInferno posted:

Absolutely yes. It's just a giant goddamn Murder-playground and it's wonderful.

Ahh, a rumble in the capital! This is great!

I'll never not laugh at the constant "Eh! Eh! Eh! Eh!" of the Miscreants (glorified Strike Ninjas). It's just such an odd sound!

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

ZogrimAteMyHamster posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5QzeW_eQFMk

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

I can't believe I didn't even mention the music! I loving love this tune!

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Seashells by the
Seashorpheus
So I ended up getting Samurai Chronicles 3 for the 3DS and it's...sort of fun? I'm still only on the 2nd mission but despite loving Warriors Orochi 4 and DW8:CE's crazy chaotic gameplay, more tactical focus is sort of really fun. And the focus seems to be on building up your gear, which is also nice!

LMFAO @ $20+ DLC, though.

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
I'm still working away at Pirate Warriors 3, having beaten Legend mode, and I'm deliberately using characters I've never touched as much as I can in Dream mode.

drat the Straw Hats all kinda pale in comparison to some of these guys huh? In particular Magellan and Caesar Clown have been a blast so far

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

How is the PC version of Warriors All Stars? It's one of the only Musou games I haven't played, and it's on sale right now. I'm curious.

Happy Hedonist
Jan 18, 2009

One Piece 3 is on sale and I’ve always wanted to play it, but I’m in the middle of WO4 and HW, plus that new HW is coming out in a month or 2.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Seashells by the
Seashorpheus

Takoluka posted:

How is the PC version of Warriors All Stars? It's one of the only Musou games I haven't played, and it's on sale right now. I'm curious.

Its...okay. Some characters are fun. Some arent. The story progression (which is necessary to unlock ALL characters) are weird--here is what I used for reference.

It's not terrible if you like KOEI games. William from NIOH is fun/sorta OP.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

The mobile port of Fist of the North Star: Ken's Rage 2, one of the worst Warriors games ever, to make the game both better and worse.

- Boss Fang, Colonel, Hyui, and Shuren playable (were not in console release)
- Rather than fix the dripfeed enemy setup, they're embracing it with every stage divided into waves.
- The entire game won't be available at launch, instead they're releasing weekly episodes.
- But they're implementing a Quest mode with a Warriors Orochi 3-man team system where you can switch characters on the fly.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Lol

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Morter posted:

Its...okay. Some characters are fun. Some arent. The story progression (which is necessary to unlock ALL characters) are weird--here is what I used for reference.

It's not terrible if you like KOEI games. William from NIOH is fun/sorta OP.

Is the PC port okay?

Der-Wreck
Feb 13, 2006
Friday nights are for Wapner!

Policenaut posted:

The mobile port of Fist of the North Star: Ken's Rage 2, one of the worst Warriors games ever, to make the game both better and worse.

- Boss Fang, Colonel, Hyui, and Shuren playable (were not in console release)
- Rather than fix the dripfeed enemy setup, they're embracing it with every stage divided into waves.
- The entire game won't be available at launch, instead they're releasing weekly episodes.
- But they're implementing a Quest mode with a Warriors Orochi 3-man team system where you can switch characters on the fly.

As bad as Ken’s Rage 2 was, I have a soft spot for it. The story mode was a fantastic recreation of the manga story... at least until “Part 2” oof.

I also loved that Raoh’s VO is the same person as Akainu in One Piece. Perfect casting.

Speaking of Raoh, when you get him leveled up, holy moley is he ever a wrecking ball. The only problem is it’s tough to see that in action because of the lack of mooks.

It was such a weird sequel, like there’s a few things they did right, like character designs and following the manga, making leveling up so much easier (the meridian charts from the first were horrible), and replacing jumping with dashing. But then there’s a lot of baffling decisions, like getting rid of a bunch of character’s specials because they had to fit a certain “power level”, and the awesome What If? Dream Mode from the 1st game.

I guess that can be said of so many Warriors games... 2 steps forward, one step back.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

wait i thought koeis slot at tgs was tomorrow?

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Davincie posted:

wait i thought koeis slot at tgs was tomorrow?

KT had the bulk of their shows today, and tomorrow is entirely dedicated to Dynasty Warriors.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Seashells by the
Seashorpheus

Takoluka posted:

Is the PC port okay?

I didn't have any issues with it, or at least don't remember any graphically. I think I remember being slightly confused about keybindings in the very beginning but quickly got over it.