Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
"If Joe Biden is elected, Andrew Yang will have a lot of stroke."

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Rick posted:

"If Joe Biden is elected, Andrew Yang will have a lot of stroke."

lol

*obnoxious klaxon blaring*

MY WORLD

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....
Also, catching up on Bryan & Vinny reviewing all out, and I'm unsurprised they missed a fairly obvious thing, but the commentary team should have explained it. I enjoy listening to them but man do they miss obvious things and then stubbornly stick to them.

The powerbomb into the table during the mimosa match was because Orange was pushing his body weight away from the mimosa, so Jericho turned the way orange was trying to go and used the momentum orange was applying to successfully powerbomb him.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Vinny did actually try to explain why he thought the momentum shifted, I thought?

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
heh

https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/1303931251967942656

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Even putting aside how great Dave's response is, I love that this dude doesn't grasp that maybe if these people are good now in not-WWE, maybe it's WWE that is the problem here.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i love going to the factory farm and looking at all the soulless commodity animals. sometimes those animals get rescued from there and i like to remind them that they're nothing. just former factory farm meat that couldn't cut it, or be cut as it were. god bless wwe and no place else. let's go dodgers

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Also not that it matters but of the fourteen people who had matches tonight, only five of them (Brodie, Dustin, Jericho, Hager, Tay) were identifiably "former WWE talent"

(yes, Luchasaurus previously had a developmental contract but they didn't exactly use him)

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Why does AEW keep signing all this former WWE talent god damnit! They should be pushing their own stars that have never been mainstays in another major company, like Kenny Omega!

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Can’t believe the company that’s only been on TV for a year hasn’t got any home-grown talent, the AEW performance centre must loving suck lmao

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Cavauro posted:

i love going to the factory farm and looking at all the soulless commodity animals. sometimes those animals get rescued from there and i like to remind them that they're nothing. just former factory farm meat that couldn't cut it, or be cut as it were. god bless wwe and no place else. let's go dodgers

Hey, uh, are we just going to ignore Cavauro producing this beautiful piece of artwork. Because this is a precious and beautiful piece of artwork.

jesus WEP posted:

Can’t believe the company that’s only been on TV for a year hasn’t got any home-grown talent, the AEW performance centre must loving suck lmao

Can't wait for AEW to produce more stars in fewer years than NXT, should be coming up soon.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

karmicknight posted:

Hey, uh, are we just going to ignore Cavauro producing this beautiful piece of artwork. Because this is a precious and beautiful piece of artwork.

It's a drat good post :hai:

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

does anyone have the date of the wrestling observer live where jim valley talks about how vince mcmahon gets away with so much because it's "just wrestling"

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

Big Dave sneaks in a mini-BTE recap into the Dynamite recap today.

And also goes "Did you see they got Sinbad?", clearly not understanding Cameo...

...even though he's been reporting on Cameo for a week...

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Starting to think that people who almost exclusively tweet smug takes about wrestling programs shouldn’t be taken seriously.

Insertnamehere31
Jan 23, 2012

This could be the most one-sided fight since 1973 when Ali faced an eighty-foot tall mechanical Joe Frazier. My memory isn't what it used to be, but I think the entire Earth was destroyed.

e: Wrong thread

Insertnamehere31 fucked around with this message at 17:12 on Sep 10, 2020

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

blast0rama posted:

Big Dave sneaks in a mini-BTE recap into the Dynamite recap today.

And also goes "Did you see they got Sinbad?", clearly not understanding Cameo...

...even though he's been reporting on Cameo for a week...

I laughed so hard when he segued into "did you see BTE this week?" So good.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
I was laughing at "He said I should burn in hell? Really? Well that's kind of mean."

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

Also amazing: Bryan and Dave debate what constitutes a Food Fight at probably 2am local time.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

karmicknight posted:

I have him on ignore what did it say?

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

NienNunb posted:

I have him on ignore what did it say?

He was comparing WWE to a factory farm, while also cheering the Dodgers.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

StarkRavingMad posted:

I was laughing at "He said I should burn in hell? Really? Well that's kind of mean."

Definitely the highlight of the show. I love how Dave wasn't even mad he sounded like a disappointed dad.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Edward Mass posted:

He was comparing WWE to a factory farm, while also cheering the Dodgers.
That reminds me. Who was it who compared John Cena to Boxer from Animal Farm back in the day? Because that was some good poo poo.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

WSAENOTSOCK posted:

That reminds me. Who was it who compared John Cena to Boxer from Animal Farm back in the day? Because that was some good poo poo.

I wish I could remember, I tried to search it up just now and all I could find was a post I made in 2017 trying to remember who made that post several years earlier!

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
It was me

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Awww son of a bitch!

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

You’re a fool, J-Ru!

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Dropped a fresh Rudocast episode! We talked about the post All Out episode of Dynamite and reacted to the G1 Climax 30 Block Announcements! Plus Scotty gives tips on how to eat sheet cake in that southern heat and humidity

https://twitter.com/RudosPodcast/status/1304434935344709632

Audio version:

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/the-rudos-podcast/id1468336480

https://open.spotify.com/show/2SqoJSz5Ans40LZIfwFrIg?si=AyQkpWCoSR6cVEY-ypXvhg

https://www.stitcher.com/podcast/hardlaser-audio/rudos-podcast?refid=stpr

https://podcasts.google.com/?feed=aHR0cHM6Ly9ydWRvc3BvZGNhc3QubGlic3luLmNvbS9yc3M

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Jerusalem posted:

Awww son of a bitch!
:haw:

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
I laughed when Bryan went back and listened to WOR and realised Dave called it a food fight right before arguing with Bryan for 5 minutes about how it wasn’t a food fight

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
Bryan often references old tapes of his during WOL, when exactly do they play em? Is it only during commercial breaks while WOL is on? I'd like to see some of that stuff.

bladeworksmaster
Sep 6, 2010

Ok.

Incessant Excess posted:

Bryan often references old tapes of his during WOL, when exactly do they play em? Is it only during commercial breaks while WOL is on? I'd like to see some of that stuff.

Yeah during the commercial breaks past the first they play old tapes. Makes the WOL on Twitch worth it by itself.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
You too can see Beautiful Bryan Alvarez and the lovely Miss Rent-to-Own Auto.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

MJeff posted:

You too can see Beautiful Bryan Alvarez and the lovely Miss Rent-to-Own Auto.

I remember the story of Miss Rent-to-Own Auto telling Bryan she worked as a "dancer" & Bryan just assumed she was some kind of professional cheerleader. That was until she took him & Vinny out for lunch & paid with a roll of singles.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
I completely irony free really enjoy the Paper Bag Bandit

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.
Last night I had one of those l’m back in high school stress dreams but in the dream my substitute teacher was Vinny and it was a chill rear end day.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Dave has a fun interview with Debbie Malenko on one of the recent Observer Radios and tells the story about showing up to the Joshi house soaking wet back in the 90s :allears:

HidaO-Win
Jun 5, 2013

"And I did it, because I was a man who had exhausted reason and thus turned to magicks"

Jerusalem posted:

Dave has a fun interview with Debbie Malenko on one of the recent Observer Radios and tells the story about showing up to the Joshi house soaking wet back in the 90s :allears:

My god, it sounds like the climatic scene in a romantic comedy about a Joshi and a journalist from America.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

Jerusalem posted:

Dave wasn't the only one soaking wet when he showed up at Joshi House :rimshot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

HidaO-Win posted:

My god, it sounds like the climatic scene in a romantic comedy about a Joshi and a journalist from America.

I want to believe this is the fabled screenplay Dave has said he's had in his head for years.

* Dave holding up a boombox in the rain as the Demolition theme plays *