Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
The gently caress are you saying

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
If you don't understand something I'm saying is probably just too complex or something for you

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

just stop posting. you have nothing to convey

CancerCakes
Jan 10, 2006

99 has hit himself in the head with his digger this morning, don't worry

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

dug up a horse jaw bone today, might repurpose it as the front door knocker

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

8 schools here have reported coronavirus cases lol

Avoid children like the plague because they have the plague

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
If we raised them in special barns they wouldn't be able to give us their diseases. They could have big shared bedrooms, teaching facilities built in, sports facilities on site and I'm just describing boarding schools now.

Boarding schools for all, for the good of the economy.

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe

hemale in pain posted:

8 schools here have reported coronavirus cases lol

Avoid children like the plague because they have the plague

My son's ill and off school today. Snotty nose and slight cough, so probably not roni but I'm not taking chances. Will go and get him tested if he develops a fever. There are at least 8 other kids in his class with the same symptoms, which shows just how rapidly viruses spread in that setting. If there is a kid that ends up getting it, their entire class will get infected.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
There's always some form of virus that hits education at the start of autumn, it kicks off the whole winter sequence.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
Ppl are saying it's the eat out to help out scheme that's the blame for the spike in cases like lol, lmao even

Steakandchips
Apr 30, 2009

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

just stop posting. you have nothing to convey

This.

Steakandchips
Apr 30, 2009

fridge corn posted:

Ppl are saying it's the eat out to help out scheme that's the blame for the spike in cases like lol, lmao even

Glasgow restaurants like Five Guys was wall to wall unmasked twats twatting about. No masks at any point for anything (not just when sitting down to eat).

DGC773
Sep 10, 2010

beep-boop, I'm a Nummy Bacon Bot. I scrape your posts for bacon points!

To get your current bacon points message me with !bacon_points

To opt out of collecting nummy bacon points, just put me on ignore!

Steakandchips posted:

Glasgow restaurants like Five Guys was wall to wall unmasked twats twatting about. No masks at any point for anything (not just when sitting down to eat).

McDonalds in Brixton was a sight......... dozens of people all touching self-service machines

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
There was a new estate agent in town that just before lockdown installed a huge touch screen in their front window.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Touch screens need a new name. I kinda like "Death panels." "Sir? You can queue up for the manned register, but there are several self-service checkouts with death panels open."

Salisbury Snape
May 26, 2014
While a grain platform can be used for corn, a specialized corn head is ordinarily used instead.

NotJustANumber99 posted:

dug up a horse jaw bone today, might repurpose it as the front door knocker

I dug through a brand new 15mm three core today.
Luckily it was not live yet, sparky is coming to joint it later then I'll bury it and the customer will never know.

Natalie Fartman
Apr 5, 2013

I selflessly rescued an abandoned cat during the COVID-19 Pandemic :3:

My neice has been tested for Rona, but my sister reckons its just all the kids germs hitting everyone at once. (Hopeful). Regardless, she and my brother in law have both been tested but it was a struggle to get any appointments and there were no home kits available. It's a giant clusterfuck. BIL also works in a school so HE can't go into work until he gets his results back. They're still waiting on the results for my neice and there's a backlog so it's delayed.

RIP us all

Salisbury Snape
May 26, 2014
While a grain platform can be used for corn, a specialized corn head is ordinarily used instead.

Technically it was the apprentice that was on the digger and clipped the cable, but he wasn't really supposed to be in the machine, I was having a cig but have taken the blame like a champ.

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

Natalie Fartman posted:

My neice has been tested for Rona, but my sister reckons its just all the kids germs hitting everyone at once. (Hopeful). Regardless, she and my brother in law have both been tested but it was a struggle to get any appointments and there were no home kits available. It's a giant clusterfuck. BIL also works in a school so HE can't go into work until he gets his results back. They're still waiting on the results for my neice and there's a backlog so it's delayed.

RIP us all

Our kids have been back 2/3 weeks and they’re riddled with kids bugs. Our youngest has been in nursery for 5 weeks, and she’s already caught a snotty nose, recovered from it, and caught another strain.

I loved lockdown for no snotty noses for 5 months. That part was glorious.

Fingerless Gloves
May 21, 2011

... aaand also go away and don't come back
20 minutes until the big 9/11 jackboxing, expect lots of tasteful memorials to our fallen heroes

Get in the discord

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

e:

ee:

Inexplicable Humblebrag fucked around with this message at 22:37 on Sep 11, 2020

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Presumably the people playing these games see these things? Just worried about the quality of the content submitted to the thread.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

no-one in the entire world cares about your existence, 99

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

no-one in the entire world cares about your existence, 99

I worried that you might think maybe thats a little ott and perhaps even a little mean to say to another actual human being?

but fair.

Lady Demelza
Dec 29, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
I am so, so tired of coronavirus, Brexit, austerity, loneliness and my own lethargy to make any meaningful and sustained attempts to improve my life. It's like being stuck in a grim waiting room with magazines that aren't actually 4 years old, it's just the exact same stories every day.

I'm not sure whether to retire to my bed and scream into the pillows, or get on the nearest bus and lick all the handrails and will my entire stash of baked beans to you goons, to be inserted into whatever orifice you choose.

CancerCakes
Jan 10, 2006

Oodles posted:

Our kids have been back 2/3 weeks and they’re riddled with kids bugs. Our youngest has been in nursery for 5 weeks, and she’s already caught a snotty nose, recovered from it, and caught another strain.

Yeah nursery bugs have hit our house, but that means I can legit tell work I have a new cough and keep working from home.

Lady Demelza posted:

I am so, so tired of coronavirus, Brexit, austerity, loneliness and my own lethargy to make any meaningful and sustained attempts to improve my life. It's like being stuck in a grim waiting room with magazines that aren't actually 4 years old, it's just the exact same stories every day.

I just write down one small and achievable thing that I would like to do, and write a date and time next to it. Then I do the thing. Then you feel like you controlled one small thing in life, and I find it helps. If i didn't do the thing I just break it down into smaller actions and try and schedule those things. I find writing down *why* I didn't do the thing helps me to assess what the actual problem is too. This might not work for you - different people are different but hey I hope you feel better.

Lady Demelza posted:

will my entire stash of baked beans to you goons, to be inserted into whatever orifice you choose.

mouth preferable, but hey i'm easy

CancerCakes fucked around with this message at 00:08 on Sep 12, 2020

Salisbury Snape
May 26, 2014

Oodles posted:

My eldest went back on Monday, and the tiniest demon went back to nursery yesterday.
I'm fully expecting to have my house infested with snotty noses and hair bugs by the end of next week.
Children are disgusting creatures

Jose
Jul 24, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Lady Demelza posted:

I'm not sure whether to retire to my bed and scream into the pillows, or get on the nearest bus and lick all the handrails and will my entire stash of baked beans to you goons, to be inserted into whatever orifice you choose.

join a gym and lift weights if you don't. you get all the risks and anxiety of licking handrails but you get to feel good about lifting heavy things

i'm excited to go back to uni but i can't enrol because the system got hit by an attack and isn't working and i can't get my student loan until i enrol lol

Natalie Fartman
Apr 5, 2013

I selflessly rescued an abandoned cat during the COVID-19 Pandemic :3:

Lady Demelza posted:

loving :same:

There's stuff I really really want to happen right now an Rona and Brexit is screwing it up. I feel very trapped in my job, too, I see no way out. Been looking at PA jobs, or something less customer facing, but lord I'm terrified of switching up with all the instability heading our way.

Oh, good news, my neice and sisters tests came back negative :toot:

That's a relief. But now they have to do it all again. I wonder how many kids are missing days and days of school while they wait for Rona test results.

Natalie Fartman fucked around with this message at 09:00 on Sep 12, 2020

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
I am engaged

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

were you able to stand back up in one swift motion using only your legs or did you have to heave yourself back up by holding on to something whilst letting out a big groan?

congratulations either way.

Cyril Sneeer
Apr 4, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Congratulations fridge corn :)

When can I expect my invite for the big day? You're gonna have a free bar right??

Mojo Jojo
Sep 21, 2005

Oodles posted:

The policy for my childminder is basically any illness needs 14 days isolation. It's bullshit

CancerCakes
Jan 10, 2006

fridge corn posted:

I am engaged

Mr and Mrs Fridge Corn has a good ring to it

🌽

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Just don't ask how much it cost

Vitamins
May 1, 2012

congrats corn!

Salisbury Snape
May 26, 2014

I didn't spend a huge chunk on my wife's engagement ring because I was poor af when we got engaged.
I then made a lot of money the summer after and she wouldn't let me buy her a bigger more expensive ring so I upgraded my pc instead.

She gives me poo poo for this on a weekly basis

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Salisbury Snape
May 26, 2014

Congrats on the engagement though corn, enjoy the next however long until you get married.
It's all downhill from then :p