Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OGS-Remix
Sep 4, 2007

Totally surviving on my own. On LAND!

man in the eyeball hat posted:

i don't know what the moz needs for me to not rag on it. more pellets in the spread? faster rate of fire? something about it is impossible to connect with.

You could give it 12 rounds, triple the damage, be fully automatic, and come with hammerpoint rounds.

Next season they should remove the PK from the game and put the April Fools Mozambique as a map drop weapon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

repiv posted:

although now there's no LTM available, maybe that wasn't supposed to go live yet lol

I can't start any modes at all on ps4, it just goes back to the select.

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

As of this new season I'm getting FPS down to 40-50, and pre-patch it was a constant 80-100. Happens especially around lava/water and when I'm scoped in, but I have most of my settings turned down pretty low. Any suggestions?

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

John DiFool posted:

you love to see it

If only i had 420k damage i could've proudly retired.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Double tap feels like a straight downgrade to the Eva-8, I'd rather use a hammerpoint Mozambique, they both have 4 shots but the Mozambique is a bit faster firing and easier to land.

Change my mind on the double tap for Eva-8 someone.

If you're fighting a mastiff user your two shots will hit faster than they can hit two shots, so you'll win every fight against them where you both hit 100% of your shots.

Mastiff for all other scenarios. Including "oh he seems a bit far away" hipfire "oh i hit him for 60 anyway".

freebooter
Jul 7, 2009

Just had a pubbie game with a Caustic and Wattson who immediately barricaded themselves inside a house with stacked up gas traps and doubled-up fences, while I had a cat and mouse kill game with the other hot drop squad and killed all three of them but got knocked myself. I was crawling around and pinging directly underneath the same house they were holed up in, but they just sat there tinkering with their fences and barrels. Eventually I timed out and then spectated as a third squad arrived and just charged through their defences and effortlessly massacred them.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

freebooter posted:

Just had a pubbie game with a Caustic and Wattson who immediately barricaded themselves inside a house with stacked up gas traps and doubled-up fences, while I had a cat and mouse kill game with the other hot drop squad and killed all three of them but got knocked myself. I was crawling around and pinging directly underneath the same house they were holed up in, but they just sat there tinkering with their fences and barrels. Eventually I timed out and then spectated as a third squad arrived and just charged through their defences and effortlessly massacred them.

Can't believe you weren't Rampart and helped them barricade their little house! And then get massacred anyway.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
To be fair rampart makes barricading up inside a house way more viable than wattson or caustic does. You can layer the walls to give you fallback points and something that just enhances your base damage if you can aim is a little nuts against people trying to push in without a ton of grenades (which people don't have on a hot drop).

I'm pestering the group i play with these days to give me the video where we bunkered up inside a place with three squads outside. Every time they peeked they got nailed for 150 or so damage through the walls. You can really bleed people dry of their consumables that way. I've won a ton of games this season by just safely peeking and draining multiple squads with her.

Her ultimate is still loving trash though. I use it to thirst downed people in the middle of nowhere who have purple knockdown shields.

MarshyMcFly
Aug 16, 2012

Respawn you promised me dummies mode!!!! BRING IT BACK!!!!

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

MarshyMcFly posted:

Respawn you promised me dummies mode!!!! BRING IT BACK!!!!

SoonTM. The LTMs have been reordered to the following

quote:

- King's Canyon: After Dark
- Armed & Dangerous
- DUMMIEs Big Day
- LIVE. DIE. LIVE.

MarshyMcFly
Aug 16, 2012

Not soonTM enough!

runchild
May 26, 2010

420 smoke 🎨artisanal🍑 melange erryday

I hope that’s OG A&D

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Who is asking for after dark King's canyon? It's trash.

MarshyMcFly
Aug 16, 2012

bushisms.txt posted:

Who is asking for after dark King's canyon? It's trash.

At least it has skulltown.

Edit: bro I can’t even with these quitters. The quitters that leave as soon as you start the execute in skulltown are great but when your squad mates quit immediately after being downed are the loving worst. Even had my friend quit on me after I WON the fight he died in.

MarshyMcFly fucked around with this message at 17:34 on Sep 11, 2020

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Yay skulltown, the problem is the broken loot table. They've added so much that the algorithm can't handle what to put out. On top of that it doesn't have the zip lines so ring death is a bigger issue, resulting in less variety of drop points.

John DiFool
Aug 28, 2013

Just land thunderdome and then wipe out the under-kitted skulltown idiots.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
I'm wondering if Warner Bros has bought Apex, because this season has been nothing but Suicide Squads.

Seriously the amount of squads that have gone absolutely berserk on me only to immediately die because they abandoned a good position to chase and got easily third-partied is nutso.

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

A bad poster trying to get better.

MarshyMcFly posted:

At least it has skulltown.

Edit: bro I can’t even with these quitters. The quitters that leave as soon as you start the execute in skulltown are great but when your squad mates quit immediately after being downed are the loving worst. Even had my friend quit on me after I WON the fight he died in.

You don't get a death to your stat if you quit while downed or in process of being executed

MarshyMcFly
Aug 16, 2012

AntherUslessPoster posted:

You don't get a death to your stat if you quit while downed or in process of being executed

Lol if you care about your KD in a BR game. Especially apex because there isn’t a solo mode.

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

MarshyMcFly posted:

Lol if you care about your KD in a BR game. Especially apex because there isn’t a solo mode.

Moreso if its invisible to others, which is apex's case
But people do care about it instead of just playing like, with the team

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

AntherUslessPoster posted:

Didn't they change this?

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

Didn't they change this?

No lmao. This is how people get those ridiculous 10+ kd's but whenever you see them play they just immediately get loving rocked.

ErKeL
Jun 18, 2013
My kdr is ~1.0 because I'll hang with you 'till the end no matter how many times I die.

I wish I could get a full charge of shields when the dude I'm executing rage quits. It's loving annoying because usually I badly needed it.

Sputnik
Jul 21, 2003

I felt like a ninja, and my kung-fu was strong.

I thought you did get shield regen on execute ragequits?

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

Got killed by a lifeline with 33,000 kills today

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Total or for the season? Because, friend, let me tell you some poo poo I've seen from these trackers. Folks play this game a lot!

ErKeL
Jun 18, 2013

Sputnik posted:

I thought you did get shield regen on execute ragequits?
Maybe I'm imagining it or I'm not getting it on a squad where the last up dies while I'm executing? I dunno I just never seem to get a full charge off them for whatever reason.

Weebly
May 6, 2007

General Chaos wants you!
College Slice
I did my first cool wining play today. Fell off the cliffs near sorting. My team was downed by the final team. I heard them rezzing so I ran through the red and killed the final two

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

Jimbot posted:

Total or for the season? Because, friend, let me tell you some poo poo I've seen from these trackers. Folks play this game a lot!

Total, but yikes... That's a lot of kills

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

The Slack Lagoon posted:

Statistically that person has likely killed at least one other person from this thread

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

The Slack Lagoon posted:

I just don't understand how people play the game this much. I ran into someone near the end of season 4 who had 55,000 kills at the time.

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

I died to a Pathfinder with 3,000 season 6 kills this week.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

The streamer ShivFPS has over 100,000 kills just as Bangalore

That's a lot of apex

MarshyMcFly
Aug 16, 2012

Love me a good clutch for the win!

https://youtu.be/TiFfhbcrUGI

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

repiv posted:

That's a lot of apex

I can't be the only one that when I do something like play a video game too much, it leads to excessive dreams where I'm "playing" the game all night long. I can't imagine what it would be like if I played as much as some of these people.

MarshyMcFly
Aug 16, 2012

repiv posted:

That's a lot of apex

Watch that number turn into a million at some point. People are nuts.

Overminty
Mar 16, 2010

You may wonder what I am doing while reading your posts..

repiv posted:

That's a lot of apex

2nd or 3rd game today and I get paired up with a name thinking "that seems familiar". Assumed it was someone copying their name but their stats and play soon put that idea to bed :v:

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

found you https://www.twitch.tv/videos/738829277?t=4h30m45s

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

Oh thats the guy who was all over reddit literally screaming into his mic 'LIFELINEEEEEEEEEEEE'
Yeah he needs some life in his apex

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Shiv is a beautiful soul who just wants proper teammates