Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
I feel like Misasa wins, cementing Lolong Donaire as the actual top purgatory threat with Yumigahara being more of a fakeout. I'm really excited to see how Misasa fights, I have to imagine he fights pretty loving dirty considering his size and position as fang.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Brought To You By posted:

Agito and Masked fighter who totally isn't a clone of him has yet to occur.

Yeah, I was kinda full of poo poo. El Dorado and Gaolang didn't look that similiar and neither did Rihito and Falcon.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

RareAcumen posted:

Yeah, I was kinda full of poo poo. El Dorado and Gaolang didn't look that similiar and neither did Rihito and Falcon.

I mean "Guy who boxes but has another style he uses" vs "Guy who boxes and developed another fighting style" was still a mirror match. Rihito vs Hayabusa wasn't a clone fight but then you have the Beefcake Kaiju battle. So every other fight is going to be a similar matchup kind of affair going by the non-existant pattern I just made.

Although technically Rihito and Hayabusa did have something in common. Both got destroyed by Gensai :smug:

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

tweet my meat posted:

I feel like Misasa wins, cementing Lolong Donaire as the actual top purgatory threat with Yumigahara being more of a fakeout. I'm really excited to see how Misasa fights, I have to imagine he fights pretty loving dirty considering his size and position as fang.

lolong donaire very obviously is the top purgatory threat considering yumigahama backs off from him and he's called "the king" and also looks like king from OPM. presumably ohma is going to fight him unless gensai makes a shock substition

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
hayabusa started off with a faux ripper, but that got overshadowed by the successive increasingly dumb gimmicks.

misasa is gonna win this, because kazzy was allowed to choose the fighter for once.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Yes, and he'll be congratulated for knowing that Misasa would lure out Yamegahama.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

I follow this manga avidly and know the names of more than five or six characters including the purgatory jobbers.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
Yamegahama seems like such a transparent heel personality that I kinda question how he got a job with a guy as shrewd as Metsudo, nevermind made it to fang.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
I don't think Metsudo gives a poo poo if his personal fighter/enforcer is a dickhead rear end in a top hat or not, as long as they are unstoppably powerful and totally loyal. Agito has what amounts to multiple personalities and is pretty psychologically unstable once he starts fighting, for example, but that was never an issue.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

I saw a theory that Metsudo made the Monke a Fang because he actually knew he would eventually defect to purgatory and Agito would get motivated to kick his rear end

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

Kanos posted:

I don't think Metsudo gives a poo poo if his personal fighter/enforcer is a dickhead rear end in a top hat or not, as long as they are unstoppably powerful and totally loyal. Agito has what amounts to multiple personalities and is pretty psychologically unstable once he starts fighting, for example, but that was never an issue.

Yeah but more then being a dick, you can kinda tell Monke would drop anyone in a hot second for a better offer.

Plutonis posted:

I saw a theory that Metsudo made the Monke a Fang because he actually knew he would eventually defect to purgatory and Agito would get motivated to kick his rear end

That would basically mean Misasa has to job out here for that to play out and knows as much, which also would kinda waste their shot at him this tournament. I just feel like there must be a deeper con here.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

lol at xia ji being played as this strong evil dude and he gets instantly owned by Raian and is scared of edward wu. Also that while Edward is working with the worm he's not part of them or concerned by them

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

What this chapter shws is that Xia is a bit of a foot soldier. Xia doesn't even know why other parts of the worm want Ohma.

JamMasterJim
Mar 27, 2010

AtomikKrab posted:

What this chapter shws is that Xia is a bit of a foot soldier. Xia doesn't even know why other parts of the worm want Ohma.

More of the foot soldier factory .
"Hey, we need a Shifty looking guy , 186 cm tall using snake fist'.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Hanayama is going to straight up kill this dude next chapter

https://mangadex.org/chapter/1033692

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Plutonis posted:

moderately wrong thread sir.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

AtomikKrab posted:

yeah but Hanayama

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

verbal enema posted:

yeah but Hanayama

Thats why I said moderately.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Plutonis posted:

Fight should have ended already. Everything else after that first punch is just to let sumo save face.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

AtomikKrab posted:

drat my sleepy eyes

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

AtomikKrab posted:

yeah this is another point towards the tournament being a prelude to a larger plot line

We still have no info on the clones or what the Worm's overall goal is. Koga also needs a time to shine and this doesn't seem like it

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
well, it isn't a tournament with a single champion. each fighter gets exactly one fight at most, so at this rate it may only take 30 chapters or so to finish even with the inevitable worm fuckery.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Fight should have ended already. Everything else after that first punch is just to let sumo save face Hanayama have some fun.

fixed

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

well, it isn't a tournament with a single champion. each fighter gets exactly one fight at most, so at this rate it may only take 30 chapters or so to finish even with the inevitable worm fuckery.

Yeah although we know the worm are involved in this tournament it's explicitly about consolidating power in Japan due to organisations from outside Japan trying to take over

Waterfall Watcher
Dec 17, 2018

How to ruin improve game sessions & family ties with one simple question.

-Would this be better if I used poison?
Finally caught up on Omega and I was rooting for Monke until this panel. Misasa won my heart

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

katahara is great

https://mangadex.org/chapter/1039010/1

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Return to Monke

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

I'll admit, I'm impressed by monkey man's opening moves here. I just wish his face would have a consistent model.

Mary Annette
Jun 24, 2005

I'll admit, I'm impressed by monkey man's opening moves here. I just wish his face would have a consistent model.

You noticed this too? Dude's had like a half-dozen faces but they're all equally douchey so I guess it's OK.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Fight is shaping up good. It could really go either way but I want the Monke's face pushed in.

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

All is for the best, in this, the best of all possible worlds
Umm ... wasn't that a ringout?

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Mary Annette posted:

You noticed this too? Dude's had like a half-dozen faces but they're all equally douchey so I guess it's OK.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Putting it in a collage, I can tell you what bothers me. His face started off wider, but then got thinner as the series wore on including his flashback. The ridges of his eyebrows also remain mostly the same but have enough variation to them with how sometimes they seem to create a circle near his hairline and other times how they just look like really muscley eyebrows similar to julius. The first time he showed up I said his face looked like it was a mask he was wearing but that's more or less faded away over time.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
I think that's just normal Kengan settling-into-how-a-character-looks art development. Monke has a very unique/expressive face so it's not surprising it's been noticeably more variable.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

yeah cosmo and wakatsuki look hugely different from their introduction through to the tournament

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
This is still different than Kuroki's beard changing forms because of the more drastic art shifts between early Kengan Asura and Mid/late Asura. And even if it's probably just Daro settling on a design it's also still very noticeable for this specific character. Like Kanos mentioned, it's also because Yumi has a very unique face compared to other characters.

Speaking of Daro, I follow him on youtube and he's been working on his fighting game between chapters. He's ported it into Unity now and working on the gorilla playable character.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MOD4G6UPRZc

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

i skipped around that video and got someone asking him whats the weirdest thing he's put inside his butt

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Jose posted:

i skipped around that video and got someone asking him whats the weirdest thing he's put inside his butt

Well, don't leave us hanging!

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Jose posted:

*in jeff goldblum from deep cover(1992) voice* Daro, what's the wildest sexual thing you've ever done

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MachuPikacchu
Oct 15, 2012

Sacre vert! Maman!

Mirage posted:

Umm ... wasn't that a ringout?

The previous chapter stated that a fighter’s entire body has to be out of the light for it to be considered a ring out.