Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Tried Wu but the varying art styles took me a bit out of it and it felt a little unbalanced? Really cool work from the team though. I'll stick to MTU.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Here comes a new challenger!
Oven Wrangler

sassassin posted:

What happened to the diplomacy screen it's really awkward now.

They broke the damned Find Marriable Character quick deal mod.

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

Are small-settlement trade ports the only ones sufficient to open up trade routes in the china world-ocean? I can't do it with the big city trade port.

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008

Baron Porkface posted:

Are small-settlement trade ports the only ones sufficient to open up trade routes in the china world-ocean? I can't do it with the big city trade port.

Fishing Ports should work too.

I don't know why the city ports wouldn't. But it suddenly explains why Zheng Jiang can't trade in my current game.

alex314
Nov 22, 2007

I'm running into more problems securing food with Nanman than I ever did playing Han or YT. Sucks to have one meh +food and one bad +food% (granary provides +% for fishing!) buildings. My best providers are captured Han high level settlements. I wish I could build those buildings, maybe gated by sending a character for assignment or maybe as a governor.

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008
Ah, cool, Shie Xie actually got his own victory cutscene. That's neat.

Less neat was my goal of unifying China without fighting once failing but alas.

Time to pick what Nanmen to rule with next.

Dramicus
Mar 26, 2010
Grimey Drawer
Troy Patch
https://www.totalwar.com/blog/a-total-war-saga-troy-patch-1-1-0/

A bunch of bug fixes and the only change of note is that chariots were nerfed in many respects. Basically they are less mobile and more fragile.

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

Sign my 'Bring Goldberg Back' Petition
Needed. Any sort of chariot just murdered what it went up against.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Some of these bug fixes are just :psyduck:. Particularly the diplomacy ones.

WG posted:

DIPLOMACY
Fixed a bug in the diplomacy panel where the Balance of Power bar shows the player is dominant when they have no armies
Fixed a bug where AI evaluation of resources, proposed by a faction with negative income, jumped abruptly
Breaking gift agreements now properly lowers reliability, applies retroactively
Fixed barters contributing to strategic evaluation when their role in a negotiation is set to payment or gift
Fixed an issue in the treasury panel where if you had a barter agreement with five resources some icons would bleed out
Fixed an issue to prevent the AI from evaluating needlessly high barter agreements that the other side cannot fulfill (for example when they would result in bankruptcy)
Made the AI come to the player with offers that include sufficient payment so that the overall evaluation of the deal is close to 0
Reduced the confederation priority for all AI factions
Reduced AI confederation desirability bonus if the resulting confederation will be as strong as – or stronger – than the player
Strong AI factions are now more likely to confederate weaker ones instead of the other way around
There is no longer a discrepancy between the confederation penalty effect bundle cooldown and the actual restriction for confederation

Also, apparently it was impossible to recruit Centaur Elders and Champions before now (at least aside from rewards), given that's an explicit fix to their building.

Dramicus
Mar 26, 2010
Grimey Drawer
There was just a 185mb patch for 3 kingdoms, anyone know what it was for? Bug fixes I assume, but I can't find any patch notes.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Dramicus posted:

There was just a 185mb patch for 3 kingdoms, anyone know what it was for? Bug fixes I assume, but I can't find any patch notes.

the exe is 185mb so any bugfix is minimum that size :angel:

if you loaded a pre-furious wilds campaign in furious wilds and a nanman region rebelled it would crash, this fixes that

Dramicus
Mar 26, 2010
Grimey Drawer

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

the exe is 185mb so any bugfix is minimum that size :angel:

if you loaded a pre-furious wilds campaign in furious wilds and a nanman region rebelled it would crash, this fixes that

Ah, I see. Didn't know that. I suppose it's nice they fixed that, but I pretty much always start a new campaign after a patch anyway. I'm not too attached to any particular campaign and I'm mostly concerned with playing with the new mechanics or balance changes.

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013
Ah yes, denuvo exes being 10-20x the original size.

Dramicus
Mar 26, 2010
Grimey Drawer
Man the "your army is forced to walk during certain sieges" bug is really annoying. That needs a hotfix more than anything.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Has anyone tried both Wu and MTU that has a preference and could outline what the major differences between them are?

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Funky See Funky Do posted:

Has anyone tried both Wu and MTU that has a preference and could outline what the major differences between them are?

MTU adds a dozen or so characters with some unique skills and events built around them, including a concubine system whereas Wu adds a ton of characters (lots using an old and kind of ugly artstyle) as well as a wealth of new ancillaries and more gameplay overhauls. I think Wu is far less balanced but if you like those style of changes then it's very good, personally I can't get past the mismatched art whereas MTU has incredibly high production values.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
When is that Amazons FLC coming out for Troy?

Dramicus
Mar 26, 2010
Grimey Drawer

achillesforever6 posted:

When is that Amazons FLC coming out for Troy?

Should be some time this month. So probably closer to the 30th than not.

alex314
Nov 22, 2007

Whoever designed caltrops should seriously reconsider: here's this skill that has range comparable to javelin or Nanman slinger, that will cause damage to any infantry. Even when a bunch of heavy shielded troops stand in place. Something compels them to step on those things? It should have minimal range, just enough to plant in front of your troops, also should have drastically lowered damage when troops walk, maybe even force a strong speed debuff to simulate troops checking where they step.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
60 hours in and I just now noticed that the retinue of an administrator joins a garrison in battle even if he's not actually on the map. Pretty convenient being able to customize a garrison for an important city on your border to get them up to a full stack.

Dramicus
Mar 26, 2010
Grimey Drawer

Mustang posted:

60 hours in and I just now noticed that the retinue of an administrator joins a garrison in battle even if he's not actually on the map. Pretty convenient being able to customize a garrison for an important city on your border to get them up to a full stack.

It's actually a pretty elegant solution to having defensive and offensive armies. I like that you can mostly focus on your offensive armies and just use administrators to garrison border cities for free.

Airspace
Nov 5, 2010
Awww, they got rid of the old New Campaign menu. I get why they did it and this new menu is better, but I enjoyed looking at the collection of smug assholes that populated the time period. The small little faces just isn't the same.

Mustang posted:

Oh poo poo, that would explain why I'd come across an armyless city and then suddenly there's a mildly powerful retinue along for the ride.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Was trading Lady Wu in marriage to a member of the Wu-something cousin faction next door in the 194 start as incestuous as I'm starting to think?

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

You should be leaving her unmarried to respect Sun Jian. :colbert:

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Flipswitch posted:

You should be leaving her unmarried to respect Sun Jian. :colbert:

She was drawing a salary better spent on trebuchets (part of one unit of them, anyway).

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
Sun Ren is so easy to get in marriage from whoever controls Sun Jiang's faction when she becomes an adult.

Are there any other good generals to look out for in possible marriages?

Dramicus
Mar 26, 2010
Grimey Drawer

Mustang posted:

Sun Ren is so easy to get in marriage from whoever controls Sun Jiang's faction when she becomes an adult.

Qiao sisters are good. You can get them from Yuan Shu, I think they become available slightly before Sun Ren. Though the best is if you get MTU, they add loads of good female characters. The base game is pretty lacking, at least for uniques.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Mustang posted:

Ma Chao is an easy snipe if you have a daughter to go for. Yan Yu is another.

E: I really love the additional characters now on the faction chooser page, it's really nice with MTU's portraits and ofc the more CA adds:

Flipswitch fucked around with this message at 22:58 on Sep 11, 2020

Airspace
Nov 5, 2010
In my game Lady Wu apparently legitimately took over after Sun Jian died. I am almost positive Sun Ce should be of age but he's not in charge, neither him nor Sun Quan.

In the same vein apparently Dong Zhuo's generic daughter took over for him, I dunno where his son ran off to.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Next MTU update is adding Dong Zhou daughter, Dong Bai - and added with their Dong Min and Dong Peishan there's quite a few ways that faction can go for who you're dealing with diplomatically.

disjoe
Feb 18, 2011

Some goon has a MTU alternative that removes the weird concubine stuff and other gameplay changes but keeps the artwork. I always run with that.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

I wish I could play as the ex dong zhou faction in 194, is there a mod for that

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

Flipswitch posted:

Ma Chao is an easy snipe if you have a daughter to go for. Yan Yu is another.

E: I really love the additional characters now on the faction chooser page, it's really nice with MTU's portraits and ofc the more CA adds:

how are you playing with 1.6 and mtu, this is breakin my brain

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Patreon early access/tester thingy. :)

e:
Check out this beefy boy:

Flipswitch fucked around with this message at 02:32 on Sep 12, 2020

The Doomhammer
Feb 14, 2010

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

I wish I could play as the ex dong zhou faction in 194, is there a mod for that

All factions playable - https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1794247900

Just make sure to grab the English translation and check the compatibilities and all that. New Major Factions is not actually required but recommended since it adds new mechanics to a lot of those factions. Nooot sure if Li Jue will have Dong Zhuo's mechanics by default or requires New Major Factions to have them though.

Dramicus
Mar 26, 2010
Grimey Drawer

Oh my god, I've actually had to retreat and re-establish myself. The Yellow Turbans have managed to take Luoyang and they dismantled the Empire. Things are Not Going Well™.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Look at this insane nonsense! What's the point of even having gates if there's a god damned river running right through them?

disjoe
Feb 18, 2011

Is it just me or have the generic Yellow Turbans been on steroids since the DLC, especially around the Luoyang/Changan area? I think it has something to do with the gates but I’m not sure.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Funky See Funky Do posted:

Look at this insane nonsense! What's the point of even having gates if there's a god damned river running right through them?

Lol same question. Best I can see is it forces people to embark and disembark from a river which stalls a lot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dramicus
Mar 26, 2010
Grimey Drawer

disjoe posted:

Is it just me or have the generic Yellow Turbans been on steroids since the DLC, especially around the Luoyang/Changan area? I think it has something to do with the gates but I’m not sure.

I've only just recently revisited the Mandate start and holy poo poo, they are at least 2 times stronger, if not more. When Mandate first came out, I had no problem dealing with them single-handedly, this time I was only able to take out Zhang Liang before being forced out of the region.