Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

https://twitter.com/FriedgeHNIC/status/1303448356291837957

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.
glow puck Glow Puck GLOW PUCK

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
So far so good

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

Starsfan posted:

The Ryan Reaves factor is interesting to me... I'll accept that Vegas plays better with him in the lineup because he gets them into the game or whatever.. they need his poo poo talking from the bench and cheap shots to motivate them, and that's a bigger benefit than the loss in skill from replacing an actual NHL player with Ryan Reaves. I don't think it's as cut and dried as that though, as it has often been said about the Stars' top players like Benn and Radulov that they get more engaged when the game gets nasty.

If they end up turning this series into a penalty parade, that definitely favors the Stars. Vegas is so clearly the better team at 5 on 5 play based on the track records of both clubs, I think it would be an obvious blunder to turn the games into special teams contests where the Stars arguably have the clear edge. They basically won the series against Colorado on the strength of their special teams play. During the playoffs they are producing expected goals on the PP at almost twice the rate that Vegas has - 10.51 per 60 vs 6.56 per 60.

so we will see what Vegas does, but I for one welcome the return of that moron into their lineup.

Reaves is absolutely a poo poo who takes a lot of penalties, but the usefulness of someone who leads the league in hits while remaining positionally responsible and has the instincts to poke a puck home from a scrum now and then should be obvious.

Vegas' checking line has popped up with some important goals, and Reaves is absolutely part of that.

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots
Ryan Reaves will always be awesome because of this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6Ek0eOCp_I

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

https://twitter.com/PR_NHL/status/1303742586776162304

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Jim Nill can eat poo poo in hell

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Got hot goaltending and the slam dunk lottery picks panned out. Give him all the awards, I guess. Not like they were gonna try and improve anyway.

This loving league.

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER
more like Jim Null and void

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

Cocaine Bear posted:

Got hot goaltending and the slam dunk lottery picks panned out. Give him all the awards, I guess. Not like they were gonna try and improve anyway.

This loving league.

This vaults him into top half at least

goldrush
Sep 27, 2005

~~~No Worries~~~
https://twitter.com/MDeFranks/status/1303788667010527233?s=19

lol

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
So apparently the Lightning are responding to their heartbreak from last year by inflicting it on everybody else in the most sadistic ways possible.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

https://twitter.com/wyshynski/status/1303888897697607680?s=19

marioinblack
Sep 21, 2007

Number 1 Bullshit
I'm chanting "loving Beers" in my head to the tune of the Stars goal song.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

marioinblack posted:

My god, it's GLORIOUS

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Ryan Reaves is the greatest hockey player in the history of the sport and all media guys are constantly required to talk about him or risk immediate termination.

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?
N: hockey

V: I am enjoying it

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS

Wonderllama posted:

N: hockey

V: I am enjoying it

How do you think the bolts will break your heart this time?

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?

i am the bird posted:

How do you think the bolts will break your heart this time?

Oh no need to reinvent the wheel. Unorthodox injuries to key players leading to a crushing defeat in the SCF by a team with glaring errors ala 2015/2016.

Wonderllama fucked around with this message at 15:24 on Sep 10, 2020

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
Barry Trotz is obviously a very good coach, but why the hell was the Andrew Ladd line out against the Kucherov line with 30 seconds left in regulation

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Kiss the rings, I guess? Also, that Goodrow hit on Neilson was loving dirty as poo poo and the refs letting that kind of bs slide is going to result in someone being carted off the ice on a stretcher.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Killorn got banned for 1 game.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

How many games did Goodrow get?

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.

marioinblack posted:

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Yo, the Stars loving rule. Radulov should be the template for our future clone overlords.

LumpyGumby
Feb 22, 2012

"Here's the world famous hockey player sitting in the penalty box for slashing..."
-Snoopy Brown
42g - 65a - 107pts
106gp - 317PIMS
Apparently Vegas and Lehner have a handshake deal for next season, to be signed after the playoffs, 5x5.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

$5M could certainly be worse, but 5 years.....

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

$5M could certainly be worse, but 5 years.....

From what I can tell they dont really have any prospects they can have starter ready before the end of that though and Lehner is honestly good enough to warrant a chance on 5 years.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

So is Vegas gonna try and flip MAF to Seattle or something

Lot of money in goalies there

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
$5m x 5 years seems ridiculously cheap for Lehner

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
5 years is long for any goalie

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

Apparently Lehner just denied that this is a thing?

https://www.reviewjournal.com/sport...erence%20Final.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

So is Vegas gonna try and flip MAF to Seattle or something

Lot of money in goalies there

They wouldn't have the cap space going into the season. They have ~$4.9m and in space and a few RFAs to sign so they'll have to shift money out to sign that contract and ice a full roster
They could do it by shuffling out some of their less important players but they could also just buy out MAF. It'll be interesting to see how they swing it but I'd guess the bridge is burnt at this point

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Would MAF set some kind of record for being selected twice in an entry draft?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Vegas is exempt from the draft.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

Spring Break My Heart posted:

5 years is long for any goalie

Eh. Lehner's 29, the length really isn't *that* bad. You know, if it's actually true.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer
Goalies seem to not decline as fast until posts 35. I think it would be a good contract. Especially since Vegas is in win now mode.

Rotten Cookies
Nov 11, 2008

gosh! i like both the islanders and the rangers!!! :^)

Lmao Isles won

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
I would love Lehner back, but I can't see how you'd dump MAF given the constricted cap. I also think his play die Vegas warrants way more that $5m/yr.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Kucherov is such a dirty piece of poo poo