Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

net cafe scandal posted:

I try to re-listen to Humanz every time you say it’s 10/10 and I hate it so much. I don’t hear what you hear... for me it’s She’s my Collar and that’s it

jesus.....well theres no helping some people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macrame_God
Sep 1, 2005

The stairs lead down in both directions.

Went ahead and preordered the Song Machine vinyl. Pretty much every track they've put out so far has been gold and it's shaping up to be their best album in about 10 years. Definitely pumped for this one.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

hughesta posted:

The Japanese version of the release features a bonus track called Taxi Back to 80s Reykjavik

Anyone know of a good place to order this one into the US?

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

net cafe scandal posted:

I try to re-listen to Humanz every time you say it’s 10/10 and I hate it so much. I don’t hear what you hear... for me it’s She’s my Collar and that’s it

yeah humanz ain't good but I'll still keep trying the new ones because I like the first three so much

and I like the fall too actually

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

hawowanlawow posted:

yeah humanz ain't good but I'll still keep trying the new ones because I like the first three so much

and I like the fall too actually

alright now this is just crazy lol

browsers castle
Dec 27, 2011

scary ghost dog posted:

alright now this is just crazy lol

I agree Humanz isn’t my favorite by a long shot. But The Now Now is top 3 for me after the first two albums so I don’t know what that means.

hughesta
Jun 12, 2012

i know its super duper kooper
cool like up the bitches snitches

IUG posted:

Anyone know of a good place to order this one into the US?
Unfortunately I don't. I think the song will also be available digitally on Japanese streaming/digital marketplaces so if you want you could just buy that song standalone off some Japanese music store

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

browsers castle posted:

I agree Humanz isn’t my favorite by a long shot. But The Now Now is top 3 for me after the first two albums so I don’t know what that means.

it means you prefer songs with damon albarn on vocals i think

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i may have just bought the deluxe vinyl oops

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

Humanz/The Now Now are my favorites, then Demon Days, then the self titled. Everything else I could disappear from existence and it would take a long time before I even noticed. (I barely even listen to DD or the self titled anymore.) Excited for Song Machine!

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Since we're in 'rank Gorillaz albums' mode, here's my ranking based on % of songs I give five stars to in iTunes:

1) Plastic Beach
2) The Now Now
3) Demon Days
4) s/t
5) The Fall
6) Humanz (note: this calculation includes the interludes)

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

1) Plastic Beach
2) Self titled
3) Song Machine (so far)
4) Demon Days
5) Humanz
6) The Now Now
7) The Fall

All of them have great songs though. The Now Now probably has two or three that are right up there with the best - the rest just didn't click as much for me.

Gorillaz has seven loving albums now. How crazy is that after the waits between albums 2, 3 and 4?

no broccoli please
Apr 20, 2007

no broccoli please you are nice here is a Nathaniel Hawthorne avatar
1) Demon Days, which is definitely in my top 3 albums in general.

2) s/t

3) Plastic Beach

4) The Now Now

5) Humanz - Agreed that She's My Collar is the best tune on there.

6) The Fall

It'll be interesting to see where Song Machine fits, but at this point I'd put it around Plastic Beach level, a good combo of Damon and guests. Strange Timez, Desolé and Momentary Bliss are my top 3 tracks on there so far, looking forward to the St. Vincent, Elton John and Beck songs.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

stev posted:

1) Plastic Beach
2) Self titled
3) Song Machine (so far)
4) Demon Days
5) Humanz
6) The Now Now
7) The Fall

All of them have great songs though. The Now Now probably has two or three that are right up there with the best - the rest just didn't click as much for me.

Gorillaz has seven loving albums now. How crazy is that after the waits between albums 2, 3 and 4?

Same list!

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

net cafe scandal posted:

God Tier:
Demon Days, Do Ya Thing [extended vers]

Good Tier: All other pre 2010 Gorillaz media

Hmm Tier: Plastic Beach

You’ll Never Be a Teenager Again Tier: The Fall, Humanz, The Now Now, all the other bad songs they’ve done in the last couple of years that weren’t on either album

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

i hate you now

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

:devil:

hughesta
Jun 12, 2012

1. Humanz
2. Gorillaz
3. Demon Days
4. The Now Now
5. Plastic Beach
6. The Fall

PB has better highs but worse lows than TNN so TNN winds up being the more consistently enjoyable album for me

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
The worst take I ever saw on the gorillaz subreddit was a long post saying people who prefer The Now Now over Humanz are racist and just don’t like all the black people singing on Humanz

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
1. Demon Days
2. Gorillaz
3. Plastic Beach
4. Humanz
5. The Now Now
6. The Fall

e: sometimes the self titled is number 1, depending on the day.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

1. Demon Days
2. Gorillaz
3. Plastic Beach
4. The Fall
5. The Now Now
6. Humanz

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

The REAL Goobusters posted:

1. Demon Days
2. Gorillaz
3. Plastic Beach
4. Humanz
5. The Now Now
6. The Fall

e: sometimes the self titled is number 1, depending on the day.

this is mine except sometimes the now now flips with humanz depending on the day

hughesta
Jun 12, 2012

Hedrigall posted:

The worst take I ever saw on the gorillaz subreddit was a long post saying people who prefer The Now Now over Humanz are racist and just don’t like all the black people singing on Humanz
I'll allow it

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
honestly theres only ine gorillaz song i dont like and its Glitter Freeze

hughesta
Jun 12, 2012

even Glitter Freeze has that fantastic alternate version

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

speaking of glitter freeze, this live performance of the mixer has a Gorillaz-y vibe thanks to the melodica and is just generally very good:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ddfiJDogywY

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
1. Demon Days
2. Humanz
3. S/T
4. Plastic Beach
12. Now Now
42069. The Fall

Like how can you not at least like Saturnz Barz, c’mon. What a groove.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

why don't yall like the fall?

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

hawowanlawow posted:

I hate it because it sucks a lot

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

hawowanlawow posted:

relistening to it now......its groovy

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
the fall is definitely Advanced Gorillaz

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The Fall isn't a bad album by any means, but it's up against Giants.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

I just think that the first few tracks were great, but then the rest of the album just got too experimental for my tastes

hughesta
Jun 12, 2012

The Fall has a lot of cool stuff but I think it's probably one of the least rewarding Gorillaz listens.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

You can tell Damon made The Fall by pissing around on his brand new iPad half asleep between shows.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

stev posted:

You can tell Damon made The Fall by pissing around on his brand new iPad half asleep between shows.

And that's basically the fiction justification for it too, just with 2D instead, it's essentially a 2D solo album being sold under the Gorillaz branding

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

1) Gorillaz
2) D-sides
3) Plastic Beach
4) Humanz
5) The Now Now
6) Demon Days
7) The Fall

Song machine to be placed. I will accept my flagellation but Demon Days just never clicked with me.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

oh yeah d-sides and g-sides fuckin own, in I should've placed those above the two new ones as well

the metronomy mix of El Manana is a banger, and g-sides has Faust and 12d3

hughesta
Jun 12, 2012

D Sides rules and I'm not huge on most of G Sides but Faust and Hip Albatross are supremely good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Laika come home is also very good, and the reggae version of new genius is better than the original imo