Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Ignoring everything else and zooming in on Albert Wiskers as a really good username

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
Billy "Fuckin" Meowin
Lion Kennedy
Barry Furton

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Jill Meowlentine
Chris and Claire Redfurld

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
William Burmese Shorthair-kin

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
Barry Furton
Nyada Wong
Catlos Oliveira

Here we go. Here's the Resident Evil content we're all craving.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Pawsmund Cattler
Jack Mrrowser

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Those are all extremely good cats

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
Carlos cat and Chris cat are eyeballin Jill cat in a rather thirsty manner

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Ada is dejected gf meme

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

I'm the most impressed that I can see Wesker's personality and soul in that angry little cat. Also eyes.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
I feel like Wesker cat should still have a tiny lil pompadour type thing on his head

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Chrisposting is my favorite thing about RE right now and some of the songs on YouTube and such are funny.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
Chris's Post:

Did 8,000 more bicep curls this morning. Still not big enough. Will get there. gently caress you Wesker.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

Doomykins posted:

Barry Furton
Nyada Wong
Catlos Oliveira

Here we go. Here's the Resident Evil content we're all craving.

I like that Leon has collar with an L on it rather then some mark of affiliation.

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...

Policenaut posted:

Chrisposting is my favorite thing about RE right now and some of the songs on YouTube and such are funny.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QlU76wEc33k

Been waiting for a chance to post this.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
I'm sure even knowing there's a hundred Ada clones all trying to murder him and possibly bring about the end of the world, Leon still prefers her for some reason because he can't have her

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

RealFoxy posted:

I'm sure even knowing there's a hundred Ada clones all trying to murder him and possibly bring about the end of the world, Leon still prefers her for some reason because he can't have her

*picks up RE6 canon*

*pitches it out a window*

There's only one canon pairing for me.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
I am very disappointed in you, Leon.

Pickles are the best part.

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

Doomykins posted:

*picks up RE6 canon*

I also support Leon x Ada.

Although everybody ships Leon with everybody. They teased him with Ashley who will never show up again. They teased him with Angela who will never show up again. And maybe others after that(my last RE was 5 and Degeneration).

Dude is a chick magnet. But all along he had eyes only for Ada.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
Well, can't really blame people for the Ashley thing, her like almost literal last line in the game was "hey, want to hook up later" or something to that effect.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

NikkolasKing posted:

Dude is a chick magnet.

#NotMyLeon

The Leon I remember is the dork from RE2 that all the women constantly kept ignoring. RE4 Leon feels like a different character

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...

NikkolasKing posted:

I also support Leon x Ada.

Although everybody ships Leon with everybody. They teased him with Ashley who will never show up again. They teased him with Angela who will never show up again. And maybe others after that(my last RE was 5 and Degeneration).

Dude is a chick magnet. But all along he had eyes only for Ada.

https://twitter.com/heavywoodenbox/status/1099383664155213825?lang=en

Vikar Jerome posted:

uhhhhhhh slow plodding enemies lol have you only see vids of that one type because you might be in for a shock. its an 100% an RE game.

I've not seen that much of RE7, but what I have seems very atypical of what I expect from Resident Evil. The first-person perspective makes it seem like they were trying for something more like Amnesia or any number of the FPP horror games that have come out in the last several years, and there was nothing real iconic that was shown off in major (Umbrella, STARS, any returning characters or monsters, etc.).

Again, though, I've not seen that much, so I'm sure the typical RE stuff is in there, but when it was first shown off, I thought maybe Capcom was doing some kind of reboot. From what I've heard, the game is pretty solid, and is more of a survival-horror game than RE5 or RE6 was.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

Max Wilco posted:

I've not seen that much of RE7, but what I have seems very atypical of what I expect from Resident Evil. The first-person perspective makes it seem like they were trying for something more like Amnesia or any number of the FPP horror games that have come out in the last several years, and there was nothing real iconic that was shown off in major (Umbrella, STARS, any returning characters or monsters, etc.).
Yeah, the first-person perspective might make it seem that way, but you can take our word for it that it's very much still a Resident Evil game. There's only the barest similarity to Amnesia in any part of it.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Doomykins posted:

*picks up RE6 canon*

Disappointed that I opened this image and it wasn't Chris x Wesker

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

Captain Hygiene posted:

Ignoring everything else and zooming in on Albert Wiskers as a really good username

https://twitter.com/dangerousbride/status/1103846371860332545

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
:perfect:

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Max Wilco posted:

They were definitely trying to ride the success of P.T. and got relatively lucky that P.T. got canceled, RE7 was one of THE top games for content creators on YouTube/Twitch when it came out, everyone from serious LPers, virtual youtubers, comedy gaming channels were all playing it because the opening bit of the game is loving frightening.

That's one thing the Resident Evil teams have done extremely well in my opinion, every decade they start to shake up their own genre so the games feel pretty fresh and accessible to new players. You've gotta remember that Resident Evil 4 was nothing like 1-3 too, and 4 basically innovated an entire genre of third-person shooters inspiring games like Gears of War & Dead Space. In the case of 7, they weren't the first but were definitely the biggest and the spirit of survival horror was totally there with a huge emphasis on the survival-horror part this time.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

#NotMyLeon

The Leon I remember is the dork from RE2 that all the women constantly kept ignoring. RE4 Leon feels like a different character

I still love that in OG RE2, Claire finds a way to get out of dodge and doesn't tell Leon about it. Twice.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

I think the original plan was to make RE:Gaiden canon and have RE4 start with Leon being infected, which kind of explains his whole 'dead man walking' attitude.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Leon simply found the courage to become a cool badass instead of a nerd, any one of us could do the same.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Captain Hygiene posted:

Leon simply found the courage to become a cool badass instead of a nerd, any one of us could do the same.

Leon always comes off as still a huge doofus trying to be cool. He is paradoxically cool as hell (spinkick head explosions, etc) while being endearingly lame and it's the best part of RE4 Leon.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

Captain Hygiene posted:

It sounds like you're saying RE4 Leon wasn't a nerd. This is the guy that falls down a trap door and says "I'm not falling for that old trick" and fires a grappling hook from his utility belt. Leon absolutely watched a bunch of action movies and took notes on all the cool lines he could bust out during the mission.

Now RE6 Leon, that's another story.

Edit: It just occured to me that RE4 Leon is pretty similar to DMC's Vergil, in that they're both nerdy as gently caress but also actually have the skills to back it up. Ironic considering Dante is the one that started out as Leon.

Momomo fucked around with this message at 15:16 on Sep 12, 2020

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

I was joking, he is 100% a nerd who is also somehow an action hero, and I love him for it.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

I mean, the guy's first day as a cop involved surviving Raccoon City.

If he wants to be an action movie hero, he gets to be an action movie hero.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
RE7 first time playthrough question as I just started - Are there a lot of items hidden in crates and stuff that I can destroy? I have been plodding through because I'm examining everything and smashing whatever I can but thus far I haven't seen much.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

Medullah posted:

RE7 first time playthrough question as I just started - Are there a lot of items hidden in crates and stuff that I can destroy? I have been plodding through because I'm examining everything and smashing whatever I can but thus far I haven't seen much.
Yes, but the specific type of crate that can contain items is very noticeable and obvious, you can pretty much ignore everything else.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Also none of the crates in the beginning segment have anything.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

BisbyWorl posted:

I mean, the guy's first day as a cop involved surviving Raccoon City.

If he wants to be an action movie hero, he gets to be an action movie hero.

Actually his first day as a cop involved getting blackout drunk at a motel because his girlfriend dumped him. His first night as a cop was the zombie apocalypse thing.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Party Boat posted:

Actually his first day as a cop involved getting blackout drunk at a motel because his girlfriend dumped him.

Where's this from?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

An interview with Kamiya in the Biohazard 2 Guidebook

quote:

Q6. Why was Leon wearing the Raccoon police uniform before he arrived at his post?

A6. I'll tell you about Leon before he came to Raccoon City...
Recently strange incidents have been occurring in Raccoon, a country town unfamiliar with such bizarre cases; Leon graduated from the police academy and with his strong sense of justice, he was very interested in them and immediately decided to be assigned to the Raccoon Police Department.
Needless to say, he was to be assigned to such service starting from the morning that day, but when he was leaving the place where he'd lived until then, he broke up with his girlfriend and a great uproar happened from the separation, so his move became overdue (they seem to have finally separated in the end...)
Eventually, while his new address had yet to be decided, Leon drove to Raccoon City all through the night on the day before he was to assume his post. However, along the way at a motel, Leon was rowdy and began drinking. He got helplessly drunk and by the time he woke up it was already the early afternoon! (He seems irresponsible, but you could say what disturbs his mind is Leon's faithfulness to women)
Leon panicked, ran out and also attempted to communicate with the Raccoon Police Department several times along the way, but there was no response.
"At this rate I'll reach Raccoon in the middle of the night... Fine, day or night, it doesn't matter if I'm late."
Leon drove his car over the rhythm in tune with his favorite music playing from the car stereo. The highway extended straight ahead eerily rising in the setting sun's illumination, and the crimson Arklay Mountains towered...
...Basically he changed into the uniform he was supplied in the motel.