Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

The humor in D:OS2 comes out of the characters playing everything entirely straight in increasingly absurd situations. This is a game where you can lecture a dog on the futility of existence. It’s very funny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Yeah Ted Faro works so well because, well, people like him are everywhere in positions of power. He's an evil we all know.

gently caress Ted Faro.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

My co op partners were the ones reading the dialogue and story in DOS2. I was the one stealing from the npc's that they were talking to.

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

drat Dirty Ape posted:

I kind of wish I could erase my memory of HZD and play it again with everyone getting it tomorrow.

gently caress Ted Faro.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

A Sometimes Food posted:

Yeah Ted Faro works so well because, well, people like him are everywhere in positions of power. He's an evil we all know.

gently caress Ted Faro.

The part where Elizabet puts him in his place and makes him stand aside so the big boys and girls can fix his super fuckup was the worst to watch because you can trace him finishing off human history back to the fact that he feels worse that his name's on humanity's gravestone and the future will know instead of the fact that he's the one to put humanity in the grave.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

I can no longer launch Dragon Age: Inquisition using Frosty Mod Manager. Why is this happening to me, all I want to do is pick up things without having to watch my guy painstakingly bend over every single time

e: some guy is saying it's related to an Origin update. I only have one game on it and I hate it already, I knew it was a mistake to expand beyond Steam and GOG.

Phlegmish fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Sep 11, 2020

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

Oh and if Disagea 4 is anything like 5 then look forward to the most distressingly confusing time, where everything about the story just makes you wonder if you're having a stroke, your healer has the personality "pregnant" and one of the character classes is "Overlord?"-

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Black Griffon posted:

Oh and if Disagea 4 is anything like 5 then look forward to the most distressingly confusing time, where everything about the story just makes you wonder if you're having a stroke, your healer has the personality "pregnant" and one of the character classes is "Overlord?"-

Why is 4 the most expensive?

I picked up 1,2,5 and phantom brave because I have a soft spot for all of them.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

MarcusSA posted:

Because it just came out?

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

Yep, it do be like that when they port older series. I'm happy having 5 on my switch, since it's apparently the most refined and complete of the lot.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

IShallRiseAgain posted:

5 is newer though :confused:

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

Disgaea 4 is also on Gamepass, so maybe that's what gets me to finally play one of these

I bought Disgaea, Phantom Brave and La Pucelle Tactics for the PS2 well over a decade ago and have played like an hour of them combined

MonkeyforaHead
Apr 7, 2006

God, you vindictive bitch, why can't I ever have any "me" time

IShallRiseAgain posted:

MarcusSA posted:

5 is newer though :confused:

Also NIS has purportedly been circling the bankruptcy drain for the last year, which could potentially have something to do with it.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

MarcusSA posted:

Latest game to be released on Steam.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Hacked goons account chat, this account just did the whole "Can you vote for our team?" thing

https://steamcommunity.com/id/mashfigaro/

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.

Scalding Coffee posted:

Latest game to be released on Steam.
This. D5 is "newer," but it has also been on Steam since its release, as far as I remember.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Yo Black Griffon, are you still able to play DA:I with mods?

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Phlegmish posted:

Yo Black Griffon, are you still able to play DA:I with mods?

Yep, everything working like it should, even after updating Origin, so if that's the issue it's either related to a mod you have that I don't have or it's something selective I have no idea about. Try to remove and reinstall all mods?

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Honestly though, how can you not love this incredibly weird game and its random name generator.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I can understand hating D:OS's writing, but D:OS 2 has great character writing even if the main plot is kinda basic.

edit: gently caress ted faro

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
It's a matter of personal taste, I guess. I can totally see the comparison of "this feels like the kind of dumb poo poo we'd talk about in tabletop game," because a lot of the time it really does.

That kind of thing just doesn't work for me unless it's actually happening organically and coming from people I know, though. I think in a commercially produced game it comes across as forced and cringy.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Black Griffon posted:

Yep, everything working like it should, even after updating Origin, so if that's the issue it's either related to a mod you have that I don't have or it's something selective I have no idea about. Try to remove and reinstall all mods?

I only have the Quicker Looting mod, which I re-imported. Still doesn't work, opens Origins but not the game.

Where can you even see if Origins has updated. gently caress this launcher

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

Is there an RPG where your squad is a group of bickering maniacs? Need to recreate that IRL tabletop feel. It's Always Sunny in Athkatla.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Phlegmish posted:

I only have the Quicker Looting mod, which I re-imported. Still doesn't work, opens Origins but not the game.

Where can you even see if Origins has updated. gently caress this launcher

Well, I just got a popup when I opened origins and then it updated. Have you tried relaunching Origins after a restart to see if it updates? All my suggestions kinda boil down to "turn it off and on again".

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Nope, still nothing. I also looked it up and I have the latest version.

Now they made me interrupt my seeding as well. Origins :argh:

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

SirSamVimes posted:

I can understand hating D:OS's writing

If I ever hear that loving rear end in a top hat say one more goddamn thing about the cheese he has for sale I am going to go insane

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

If I ever hear that loving rear end in a top hat say one more goddamn thing about the cheese he has for sale I am going to go insane

this is genuinely the single thing I actually remember about that game, so I imagine you're not alone

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

They patched that out a really long time ago...unfortunately

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Phlegmish posted:

Nope, still nothing. I also looked it up and I have the latest version.

Now they made me interrupt my seeding as well. Origins :argh:

Well, poo poo. If it stops working for me I'll let you know so we can commiserate.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Black Griffon posted:

Well, poo poo. If it stops working for me I'll let you know so we can commiserate.

I just used the DAITools Mod Manager to merge the mod into the game. This tool hasn't been updated since 2015, but things appear to be working correctly in the sense that the animations are disabled, and I can just run the game executable directly now. I...assume this won't cause problems? I know I'll have to be careful about revalidating files now.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Phlegmish posted:

I just used the DAITools Mod Manager to merge the mod into the game. This tool hasn't been updated since 2015, but things appear to be working correctly in the sense that the animations are disabled, and I can just run the game executable directly now. I...assume this won't cause problems? I know I'll have to be careful about revalidating files now.

If you have no plans to mod further (with mods using the new forms), I see no reason why it shouldn't work. It's an old game, and that's an old mod.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

RED AND ORANGE YELLOW AND GREEN
THE FINEST VEGGIES CYSEAL'S EVER SEEN

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Black Griffon posted:

If you have no plans to mod further (with mods using the new forms), I see no reason why it shouldn't work. It's an old game, and that's an old mod.

Alright. If things ended up becoming slightly more convenient for me, I can forgive the game...but I'm keeping my eye on it. No more shenanigans.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Pwnstar posted:

Is there an RPG where your squad is a group of bickering maniacs? Need to recreate that IRL tabletop feel. It's Always Sunny in Athkatla.

kenshi

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

MonkeyforaHead posted:

Also NIS has purportedly been circling the bankruptcy drain for the last year, which could potentially have something to do with it.

They more or less pulled themselves out of that with their smaller projects and NISA doing well in general.

But yes the port of D4 only just came out and D5 has been on PC for just short of two years now, hence the price.

This version of D4 also replaces a transphobic line with "I think we've all grown a little in the last few years", which is good.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

I found some really cool Dexterity-boosting gear for my Rogue Archer in DA:I, so now I have a good crit damage bonus, but obviously I want my crit chance to increase as well. I already got the +5% ring from the Emporium. I should focus on Cunning now? Any other tips to get my crit chance up?

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

Phlegmish posted:

I can no longer launch Dragon Age: Inquisition using Frosty Mod Manager. Why is this happening to me, all I want to do is pick up things without having to watch my guy painstakingly bend over every single time

e: some guy is saying it's related to an Origin update. I only have one game on it and I hate it already, I knew it was a mistake to expand beyond Steam and GOG.

Having the same issue, it's so hard to go back to the slow loot. I'm loving the game though!

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Sloppy posted:

Having the same issue, it's so hard to go back to the slow loot. I'm loving the game though!

Have you tried the DAITools thing?

https://www.nexusmods.com/dragonageinquisition/mods/693?tab=description

Pick Mod Manager, then merge the animation-disabling mod with the game files. It's working fine for me so far, and the good thing is you can just launch the game from the DA:I .exe and the mod will still be applied.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

get a WHEEL OF THE GOOD STUFF

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonkeyforaHead
Apr 7, 2006

God, you vindictive bitch, why can't I ever have any "me" time

kirbysuperstar posted:

This version of D4 also replaces a transphobic line with "I think we've all grown a little in the last few years", which is good.

I don't think that line even had the potential to mean anything transphobic when the game originally came out and tbh I still don't get how a joke internet term for crossdressers has become what it is today.