Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
Noted WWE castoff Hikaru Shida

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I agree with him about FTR.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Noticing that two people have sat in a chair. 500 likes , 100 RTs

https://twitter.com/TheNextBlGThing/status/1304589553622110208

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Sasha's father and her best friend have a lot in common :hai:

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Bayley kinda looks like Maribeth Monroe there.

Paper Lion
Dec 14, 2009

theyre not even close to the same energy, eddie is sitting open and confident and bayley is sitting closed up and insecure, im gonna lose my mind

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Next you'll be telling me Eddie wasn't even Sasha's real father :rolleyes:

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

MJeff posted:

I agree with him about FTR.

you also said some things about KENTA soooooo

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Paper Lion posted:

theyre not even close to the same energy, eddie is sitting open and confident and bayley is sitting closed up and insecure, im gonna lose my mind

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Lid posted:

you also said some things about KENTA soooooo

So I'm right again?

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
I keep noticing the trend that WWE fans always follow, immediately trash-talking every wrestler that leaves the company and pretending they never knew who they were/blaming that wrestler(s) for their bad booking or barely being used, then just refusing to watch or acknowledge anything they do post WWE. Mox will always be a "WWE Castoff" unless he comes back to WWE and they'll take a victory lap saying he realized the error of his ways.

Truly cult-like behavior.

MJeff posted:

So I'm right again?
FTR might not be everyone's cup of tea but KENTA is definitely good, idk what you're on about

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

I don’t really care for FTR and never have but KENTA’s pre WWE career alone puts him in a league most wrestlers never get to. People forget this was the guy all the best Americans on the indies wanted to be.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

RealFoxy posted:

FTR might not be everyone's cup of tea but KENTA is definitely good, idk what you're on about

He's washed up and crap.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

MJeff posted:

He's washed up and crap.
This isn't the Stupid Goon Opinions thread

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

RealFoxy posted:

This isn't the Stupid Goon Opinions thread

Which is why I didn't post one!

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

MJeff...Go 2 Sleep ;)

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

RealFoxy posted:

I keep noticing the trend that WWE fans always follow, immediately trash-talking every wrestler that leaves the company and pretending they never knew who they were/blaming that wrestler(s) for their bad booking or barely being used, then just refusing to watch or acknowledge anything they do post WWE. Mox will always be a "WWE Castoff" unless he comes back to WWE and they'll take a victory lap saying he realized the error of his ways.

The irony is that a huge part of WWE’s version of history is that they recognized the potential in an under-utilized cast-off from a rival company.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

CopywrightMMXI posted:

The irony is that a huge part of WWE’s version of history is that they recognized the potential in an under-utilized cast-off from a rival company.
Up until whatever era you consider Cena's peak to be (After Lesner quit the company the first time) yeah. The relied huge on guys like Jericho, Eddie, Benoit, Mysterio and even double-dipped by bringing in the NWO

By the time CM Punk was coming around they were so set in their ways and terrified of creating new stars that the only people allowed to be over were people who were over like 5 years prior. It's so jarring that WWE fans simultaneously want everyone to work in the WWE but hate every other wrestling company.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

Paper Lion posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PT_DnxmyuhA

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

RealFoxy posted:

Up until whatever era you consider Cena's peak to be (After Lesner quit the company the first time) yeah. The relied huge on guys like Jericho, Eddie, Benoit, Mysterio and even double-dipped by bringing in the NWO

By the time CM Punk was coming around they were so set in their ways and terrified of creating new stars that the only people allowed to be over were people who were over like 5 years prior. It's so jarring that WWE fans simultaneously want everyone to work in the WWE but hate every other wrestling company.

But specifically in every documentary they make about the Attitude era or Monday Night Wars they always mention how Steve Austin was a guy who everybody but WCW saw the potential in and they were idiots for letting him go and not utilizing him properly. Despite this being the prevailing narrative the vincels still view anyone who leaves as a worthless castoff.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

another big symptom is their downplaying and outright dismissing of anyone outside of wwe who happens to get hot, only for them to do a complete about face the moment they sign and suddenly they're their new favorite wrestler.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
These people don't understand that there's life after WWE and people don't stop existing just because they work for someone else.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

RealFoxy posted:

It's so jarring that WWE fans simultaneously want everyone to work in the WWE but hate every other wrestling company.

It's because these people don't actually like wrestling, they just consume WWE and treat it like a personality trait.

cunny mcalister
Mar 21, 2004
Somehow less than meets the eye.

CopywrightMMXI posted:

But specifically in every documentary they make about the Attitude era or Monday Night Wars they always mention how Steve Austin was a guy who everybody but WCW saw the potential in and they were idiots for letting him go and not utilizing him properly. Despite this being the prevailing narrative the vincels still view anyone who leaves as a worthless castoff.

And I've always hated the narrative that no one in WCW saw potential. He was essentially on a yo-yo because of how frequently the book was bouncing around. Flair loved him and someone else did too, but I don't remember my timeline well enough to place it. He was a casualty of feeding Hogan and got himself over before Vince saw anything.

But that's just me being cranky about WWE's revised history.

cunny mcalister fucked around with this message at 22:48 on Sep 12, 2020

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Wasn't there a cup of coffee where it looked like Pillman and Austin were gonna be inducted into the Horsemen? (I know Pillman technically was, but Austin would sure as hell have been a better pick than Paul Roma)

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

They also always tiptoe around the facts that Austin was cutting promos in ECW that we're pretty much the exact same character that got him over in WWE later, and that when he first came to WWE after that Vince wanted him to be nothing more than a mechanic and they took away that gimmick to give him the fuckin Ringmaster gimmick.

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
https://twitter.com/RyanHindleyNJPW/status/1306116877975015424?s=20

https://twitter.com/RyanHindleyNJPW/status/1306117196620468227?s=20

I'll delete if I'm mistaken but wasn't the Will blacklisting thing proven by one of the promotions?

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

You're right.

It's also got to be said that people, including Will, were calling Ospreay stupid well before the Pollyanna blacklisting came back around.

I probably have more sympathy for the "he trusted his friend" argument than I should but also he's had plenty of time to apologise & as far as I know he's never actually shown any regret or contrition.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Ospreay being an idiot who doesn't know how to spell "salmon" and Ospreay blacklisting a wrestler who his buddy assaulted are both true but largely unrelated

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch
Further proof that people that have a promotion in their twitter handle that they don’t work for can freely be ignored unless they are like translating things or doing something useful

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

IceAgeComing posted:

Further proof that people that have a promotion in their twitter handle that they don’t work for can freely be ignored unless they are like translating things or doing something useful

I have Taichi & Suzuki-gun mentions in my Twitter profile, is that okay?

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
He didn't blacklist anybody, he just used his higher status and power to make sure that nobody would book her. Totally different.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Ospreay has completely failed to own his actions at all, so the "he just trusted a friend!" poo poo is bullshit.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Didn't Pollyanna also imply that Ospreay was trying to work with Dave to dig up dirty and discredit her?

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

https://twitter.com/gregrmiller995/status/1304962086351630336

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Ohhhhh something is very wrong with that dude

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

this guy's timeline is uhhhhh disturbing to say the least

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch

forkboy84 posted:

I have Taichi & Suzuki-gun mentions in my Twitter profile, is that okay?

Wrestlers are fine provided they aren't nonces or Bad People since its natural to support a wrestler but its weird to be on the team for a particular promotion.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

glad i got to read that guy's stupid rear end opinion

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

That disgusting DICK!