Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kurona_bright
Mar 21, 2013
9K for July :toxx:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anomalous Blowout
Feb 13, 2006

rock
ice
storm
abyss

It makes no attempt to sound human. It is atoms and stars.

I haven't forgotten my post but I had to move house and then un-move house and had a very chaotic sleepless week and I straight up do not know where my writing tablet is. I think I left it at somebody's house lol. Will provide screenshot this weekend but I got to 11k and some change plus did three Thunderdomes.

Guiness13
Feb 17, 2007

The best angel of all.
For reasons completely unrelated to me moving and struggling with anxiety/depression this month, are donations and probes still the order of the day for toxxes?

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Donation of :10bux: or a week probe is I think where I landed. How is everyone going?

take the moon
Feb 13, 2011

by sebmojo
i need 600 wds by the end of the day but im getting really spaced trying new writing methods

i should have it tho

i trashed half of what i wrote but i like the rest.

I need to figure out where ill live next & change who i am as a person. then ill dip in maybe halfway thru month

magic cactus
Aug 3, 2019

We lied. We are not at war. There is no enemy. This is a rescue operation.

went a smidge over but i did it. probably not toxing for august because i'm gonna be extremely busy toward the middle/end of the month and i doubt i'll have time to write, so see you goons in September!

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007
Failed solidly. Made a donation to a local foodbank in lieu of probation:

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007
i wasn't going to do this but i'm full of beer and tacos so gently caress it, :toxx: that i'll write 4K words of something this month

I'm really out of give-a-fucks for the stupid bullshit that wants to come out of my brain and onto the page, but whatever. worst case a charity gets money.

take the moon
Feb 13, 2011

by sebmojo
k whatever. twist of fate incoming:

my book writing program thing ate my neat lil arrangement of words and plots, which was stripped down from

words that i wrote this month that could vaguely be classified as lit

im really tired. im like emotionally exhausted & ready to turn over a new leaf or chapter or something. that is not 20k and before the program ate my thing it was stripped down to 10k anyway.

i think im ready for my perma. im on enough discords to like not totally lose the goon community. and i think this will be good for me.

:rip:

do it

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

take the moon posted:

k whatever. twist of fate incoming:

my book writing program thing ate my neat lil arrangement of words and plots, which was stripped down from

words that i wrote this month that could vaguely be classified as lit

im really tired. im like emotionally exhausted & ready to turn over a new leaf or chapter or something. that is not 20k and before the program ate my thing it was stripped down to 10k anyway.

i think im ready for my perma. im on enough discords to like not totally lose the goon community. and i think this will be good for me.

:rip:

do it

permas by request isn't really the mod zeitgeist these days and I'd probably not do this one even if it were. instead i'm going to give you a week off in fulfilment of the :toxx:. if you still want a break after that hmu and i'll sort something out.

be well and kia kaha my friend, these are crazy times and we are all living in them together.

Guiness13
Feb 17, 2007

The best angel of all.
Donation is made. Will post a screen shot once I get to a computer.

Edit: Computered

Guiness13 fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Aug 1, 2020

Profane Accessory
Feb 23, 2012

Hubris, you twinkletoed charmer, you are once again my downfall: a paltry 7781 words is all I have to show for July.

kurona_bright
Mar 21, 2013
Completely forgot about this -- I did one TD entry, and I scribbled in a notebook, but I don't feel like counting those words and they're not anywhere close to what I pledged.

from Central Texas Food Bank:

take the moon
Feb 13, 2011

by sebmojo
k 10k :toxx: for donation/probe combo im feeling

take the moon
Feb 13, 2011

by sebmojo
seb this is like the new age of glorious moderation thx dude

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

take the moon
Feb 13, 2011

by sebmojo
i wont be able to post proof tonight cuz reasons but i got it done. hope everyones elses went well

ill post tomorrow & make some kind of donation for the lateness

e:

went w/ an earlier goons pick cuz goon approval etc

e2: 20k 4 sept probe/donate :toxx:

take the moon fucked around with this message at 03:58 on Sep 2, 2020

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

good on you my friend

how is everyone else feeling = toxxes for august 2020 the year of clear vision, of the naked lunch, that frozen moment when everyone sees what is on the end of every fork?

magic cactus
Aug 3, 2019

Gonna :toxx: for 4k in September, not counting thunderdome pieces as I want to work on my own stuff.

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007
i was gonna just eat the toxx and post my charity receipt, but i'm actually a lot closer to my goal than i thought and i am working on something that just fell fully-formed into my head. so i will post my proof a little later today.

kurona_bright
Mar 21, 2013
:toxx: for 6k words this month

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007
woops forgot to come back and post proof.

here's 1900 or so thunderdome words https://thunderdome.cc/?story=8407&title=Salt+and+Acid%2C+Sugar+and+Rind

plus a little over 3K words on a short story

I also submitted 250 words of flash fiction to flash-frontier :unsmith:

:toxx: that i will finish this story, and if that doesn't amount to 4K more words, then I will make up the difference with other writing.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I am getting back into writing at the behest of my partner and feel like a toxx is mandatory for that.

:toxx: for 2000 words for September please.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Mekchu posted:

I am getting back into writing at the behest of my partner and feel like a toxx is mandatory for that.

:toxx: for 2000 words for September please.

4k minimum, per the OP: I'm not too hardcore about the toxxing (like a day or two over is nbd) but I think I'll stick with that rule.

Thunderdome is really good if you just want to get in the habit of putting words on the screen.

take the moon
Feb 13, 2011

by sebmojo
its a good rule

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

sebmojo posted:

4k minimum, per the OP: I'm not too hardcore about the toxxing (like a day or two over is nbd) but I think I'll stick with that rule.

Thunderdome is really good if you just want to get in the habit of putting words on the screen.

Oops my bad for brainfart. Put me down to do 4k then. I would do thunderdome again but my timezone and work/life schedule makes it a bit tricky and hard to do consistently. I was intending to lift a prompt and work on one or two for the month at a slower pace of writing.

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 15:56 on Sep 12, 2020

take the moon
Feb 13, 2011

by sebmojo
:toxx: to do a td week, seriously listen to crits and write a 2nd draft based on them

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

take the moon posted:

:toxx: to do a td week, seriously listen to crits and write a 2nd draft based on them

lol what? I just said my timezone and personal schedule does not work well with thunderdome stuff

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 06:29 on Sep 13, 2020

take the moon
Feb 13, 2011

by sebmojo
hmm i meant me

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Oh my bad haha

take the moon
Feb 13, 2011

by sebmojo
its been brought to my attn that this is no-fail fall. dont fail goons!!!

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Was able to hammer it out just in time to take my vacation this week. :toot:

take the moon
Feb 13, 2011

by sebmojo

these started off as just random soc bs just to keep myself going but turned into totally usable ms words 1/3 the way thru

i was too dumb to give myself time to actually get crits for my td draft before writing a 2nd draft. thats my own foolishness. ill do the charity thing by tonite

e:

its me im anonymous

e2: a crits up and i refuse to fail so dont x my name, ill have a 2nd draft by tonite

e3: here

e4: 30k in oct since i no longer have work lol :getin:

take the moon fucked around with this message at 00:41 on Oct 1, 2020

magic cactus
Aug 3, 2019

Made it. Somehow.

If this looks weird it's cause I cropped too much of my desktop while taking the screenshot lol

In for 4k in October.

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007

Sitting Here posted:

:toxx: that i will finish this story, and if that doesn't amount to 4K more words, then I will make up the difference with other writing.

I started a new draft of the short story, which will probably end up being the third act of the final draft:

I didn't like that as a starting point so I started over again:

Unfortunately, while I have most of a story, I do not have a complete short story. Donated 20 bucks to DESC, who provide housing and assistance to unhoused people around Seattle. I am still waiting for the email receipt but here's the thank you page:

I am fascinated by my inability to finish this story. :toxx: that I'll finish it in October. If that doesn't result in 4K words, I'll make up the difference with Thunderdome or other writing.

kurona_bright
Mar 21, 2013
Well, failed again.

Maybe this month I'll get something done.

5k for October. :toxx:

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
5k new words

will edit and send pope story to at least 5 different journals

:toxx:

take the moon
Feb 13, 2011

by sebmojo

blorp

another 30k :toxx:

bloop

same time next month, cya

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Gj how is everyone else doing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kurona_bright
Mar 21, 2013
uh, well

at least the money's going towards a good cause.

15k for this month, since I'm going to try for a modified nano goal :toxx: