Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

welp I preordered hurdle warriors calamity or whatever because i want that ladle

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Final Blog Entry posted:

Going and talking to Impa in Kakariko Village would probably help get you back up to speed on the main quest as well.

Plus you can tell which divine beasts you've beaten by which champion powers you've got in your inventory.

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

As someone who never played any LoZ games before (despite owning every nintendo console since SNES), I went into BotW with very fresh eyes and it amazes me every time I play it. I never really poked around online too much (aside to figure out tricky shrines) and there's something I didn't know/hadn't quite discovered yet every time I fire it up.

This is maybe the fourth time I've started a new game and am JUST learning i can dye clothes, and that the color you want merely requires food/object of said color (which is funny because I never used acorns so now all my armor is brown). I finally narrowed down where to get foods to cook because I never really bothered to make anything fancy.

I read a lot here and other places that BotW isn't a "true" zelda game. I KIND of get it, having gone back to play LttP and some others, but it's hands down one of the best games I have ever owned.

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

Yestermoment posted:

I read a lot here and other places that BotW isn't a "true" zelda game.

people who say this can be safely disregarded

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

I mean it's right there in the title and everything

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

in a few years time something like 10% of all zeldas will be botw

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

My focus is UNPARALLELED!

Yestermoment posted:

I read a lot here and other places that BotW isn't a "true" zelda game.

I cannot change Link's name to Lonk, so they are correct BotW isn't a true zelda game. I can name a horse Lonk, so the game is GOTY regardless.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

x1o posted:

I cannot change Link's name to Lonk, so they are correct BotW isn't a true zelda game. I can name a horse Lonk, so the game is GOTY regardless.

:hmmyes:

Not being able to name the bird is Skyward Sword's greatest failing.

RickRogers
Jun 21, 2020

Woh, is that a thing I like??
Beakzl0rd2000, my loftwing with a severe vertigo problem shall forever live in my heart

RickRogers
Jun 21, 2020

Super No Vacancy posted:

in a few years time something like 10% of all zeldas will be botw

Has ha, I'm just thinking how Zelda will probably be regularly playable in future games and then that will cause certain parts of the fandom to go apeshit and deny them all.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

It's cool to invent people with bad opinions to get mad at

RickRogers
Jun 21, 2020

b_d posted:

They exist. I have met them

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

b_d posted:

Some of us take pride in regularly turning off our monitors

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Somehow believing in the possibility that there are literally zero misogynists consuming a given product is the real fantasy tbh.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

That's definitely what I meant, and what I believe.

RickRogers
Jun 21, 2020

I suppose I am the real fascist for think that people should learn to change their opinion and embrace change.

Contra point, I imagine constantly watching Zelda's butt physics from behind will change all but the most hardened misogynist minds.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:

RickRogers posted:

Has ha, I'm just thinking how Zelda will probably be regularly playable in future games and then that will cause certain parts of the fandom to go apeshit and deny them all.

She'll be playable in a mainline title around the time Princess Peach will be in a Mario mainline game.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

1988?

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:

It's funny how I never considered it to be a mainline game at the time of writing, I think my mind was just on the 3D platformers at the time, which does include 3D World, yes.

Which just means we are long overdue for Zelda to get her time.

RickRogers
Jun 21, 2020

Judge Tesla posted:

It's funny how I never considered it to be a mainline game at the time of writing, I think my mind was just on the 3D platformers at the time, which does include 3D World, yes.

Has it been long enough since Zelda's adventure? Is she finally forgiven?

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Judge Tesla posted:

She technically was in Spirit Tracks as a Phantom.

Six AM
Nov 30, 2008

b_d posted:

That's definitely what I meant, and what I believe.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Twilight Princess Zelda has the best Zelda. Her character model, clothes, hair, attitude, all of it. She looks like she’s fed up with your poo poo and not gonna tolerate it.

Cartoon Man fucked around with this message at 12:10 on Sep 12, 2020

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Skyward sword has the worst Zelda...

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

RickRogers posted:

I suppose I am the real fascist for think that people should learn to change their opinion and embrace change.

Contra point, I imagine constantly watching Zelda's butt physics from behind will change all but the most hardened misogynist minds.

Oof, poor typo, there.

Edit: just remembered the YouTuber, so actually maybe that's an amazing point? It works on so many levels.

Fuzz fucked around with this message at 12:16 on Sep 12, 2020

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

RickRogers posted:

And harden some.

RickRogers
Jun 21, 2020

Fuzz posted:

Oof, poor typo, there.

Edit: just remembered the YouTuber, so actually maybe that's an amazing point? It works on so many levels.

German language typo; my brain kaput ist

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Cartoon Man posted:

Twilight Princess Zelda has the best Zelda. Her character model, clothes, hair, attitude, all of it. She looks like she’s fed up with your poo poo and not gonna tolerate it.

She's also the only ruling Zelda, IIRC - no king around to gently caress stuff up; just ruling on her own.

Inferior Third Season
Jan 15, 2005

Runcible Cat posted:

She's also the only ruling Zelda, IIRC - no king around to gently caress stuff up; just ruling on her own.
She's not Queen Zelda.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Inferior Third Season posted:

She's not Queen Zelda.

It could be a Holy Roman Empire situation where Hyrule is a vassal of a larger empire so it’s rulers aren’t called Queens/Kings.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

But Zelda is the boy? :confused:

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Cartoon Man posted:

And HyWar's Zelda is most similar to that one, so I choose to believe she's also TP Zelda and therefore she is doubly the best one.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Link's Awakening has the best Zelda

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

playable hilda when

RickRogers
Jun 21, 2020

Cartoon Man posted:

Skyward sword has the worst Zelda...

This looks ok, but why did they make her nose appear so big on the game model?

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Oh no princess has subjectively suboptimal physical feature

RickRogers
Jun 21, 2020

The Bloop posted:

Oh no princess has subjectively suboptimal physical feature

drat right, she needs to be the perfect sex doll I have had in my mind since I saved her from a stereotype swarthy bandit in OoT.

But seriously, I got the distinct impression they made her nose extra long as a westerner stereotype.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

*timeline ends as Link decides not to help Zelda because of her uggo nose*

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

twilight princess zelda is the most boring zelda with the most boring design

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coffee Jones
Jul 4, 2004

16 bit? Back when we was kids we only got a single bit on Christmas, as a treat
And we had to share it!

Spanish Manlove posted:

Link's Awakening has the best Zelda

You find a girl who’ll sing to a walrus at the drop of a hat, you hold onto her, and you don’t let go.

romanowski posted:

twilight princess zelda is the most boring zelda with the most boring design

This is yet another game I’ve started and stopped and lost my emulator saves over the decades. I’m already on my second play session by the time I meet Midna and the story gets rolling.