Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

RoboRodent posted:

Wait wait wait.

Inmate firefighters? Jesus christ, Americans, I knew you had that terrible slavery loophole but what the hell.

What you think we'd waste white people on dangerous public service jobs? lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.
California only allowed them to become non-inmate firefighters after being released this year. Because they were felons and thus could not be trusted with fighting fires outside of a detention setting, you see.

e: demon cracker nation

Volcott has a new favorite as of 22:11 on Sep 11, 2020

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Also they all got covid in the prisons so they're not available to fight these fires that are now burning down everything.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

RoboRodent posted:

Wait wait wait.

Inmate firefighters? Jesus christ, Americans, I knew you had that terrible slavery loophole but what the hell.

To quote the old Freep thread: there is always more, and it is always worse.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

NorgLyle posted:

I've seen this post a few places now and I still can't figure out what he was trying to reference with it.

Apparently Wikipedia says that the communist party of Germany allied with Antifa and so that means nazis. This is what he is saying.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Midnight Voyager posted:

Apparently Wikipedia says that the communist party of Germany allied with Antifa and so that means nazis. This is what he is saying.

There were Nazi communists (antisemitism is a hell of a drug), they were almost immediately killed off by the rest of the Nazis once the Nazis took power.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
These people love to drop zingers with a tiny grain of truth to own the libs, because they think everyone is as historically ignorant as them. See: “the confederacy was democrats and lincoln was a republican”

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

They are technically correct. The best kind of correct

StillFullyTerrible
Feb 16, 2020

you should have left Let's Play open for public view, Lowtax

Skwirl posted:

There were Nazi communists (antisemitism is a hell of a drug), they were almost immediately killed off by the rest of the Nazis once the Nazis took power.

Hell, they still exist today. Just look at Aimee Therese. :v:

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

StillFullyTerrible posted:

we just passed a law in cali that clears your record if you do time as an inmate firefighter, to make it more attractive so there are more people to fight the ever-growing nightmare fires

Note that this law only provides a means, it does not actually guarantee poo poo. I.e., if a judge thinks you're too black still a threat to society, your record won't be expunged.

Not to mention the fact that prisoners will already have rather large gaps in their employment history and lack of references and...

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

runchild
May 26, 2010

420 smoke 🎨artisanal🍑 melange erryday

My wife’s college roommate from California is becoming a firefighter and she has had to give character references for her SO MANY times. I have a hard time believing the psychos who won’t hire you until they hear everyone you’ve ever lived with in the past 10 years say nice things about you multiple times will let a felon in, whether or not the law says it’s okay.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
I am feeling extremely and justifiably attacked

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Could someone throw Dillon into one of California's many fires? Thanks.

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

Toonami stopped airing Mobile Suit Gundam after 9/11 and I still get sad thinking about it

HelleSpud
Apr 1, 2010
A lot of the firefighters that responded to 9/11 and after weren't paid. A lot of Long Island fire departments sent firefighters and paramedics/EMS and nearly all are volunteer. (Only 6 out of the 181 departments are paid)

Some of the highest property taxes in the country (double the average) and the people running into fires and on call for medical emergencies are unpaid volunteers.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Ladies🥰 just because hot 🌶 🐪🥵 👧girl👧 🍻summer 🍻🌞 is over 🌄 doesn’t 😏mean😘 you 😊 have to stop🛑🚏 being🍯 a hot🥵🥵 girl💁, it’s 🍑THOTUM🍆. Go 🉐get your rear end🍑 are 👉 in a pumpkin🎃 patch. Sprinkle💦💦 pumpkin 🎃🎃 spice 🌶️seasoning❄️ on🔛 your tiddies🥛. Send spooky👹☠️ nudes. Ghost 👻 him💦💦

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Euphoriaphone posted:

Not actually Alyssa Milano

It is I

The idiot on social media

Euphoriaphone
Aug 10, 2006

MizPiz posted:

It is I

The idiot on social media

Everywhere I saw it posted, I saw everyone assuming it was real. I think it speaks more to how loving stupid Milano is than anything else.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Splicer posted:

I am feeling extremely and justifiably attacked

I'm glad!

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

The Saddest Rhino posted:

Ladies🥰 just because hot 🌶 🐪🥵 👧girl👧 🍻summer 🍻🌞 is over 🌄 doesn’t 😏mean😘 you 😊 have to stop🛑🚏 being🍯 a hot🥵🥵 girl💁, it’s 🍑THOTUM🍆. Go 🉐get your rear end🍑 are 👉 in a pumpkin🎃 patch. Sprinkle💦💦 pumpkin 🎃🎃 spice 🌶️seasoning❄️ on🔛 your tiddies🥛. Send spooky👹☠️ nudes. Ghost 👻 him💦💦

:golfclap:

:glomp: I rarely enjoy these, but I honestly love the gimmick. This one though had me laughing.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY

grittyreboot posted:

Toonami stopped airing Mobile Suit Gundam after 9/11 and I still get sad thinking about it

One of my favorite episodes of Cowboy Bebop got pulled from syndication for a little while because it very prominently featured 2 skyscrapers being blown up by a terrorist.

Also, now that I think about it, the ostensibly American rival bounty hunter also blames the wrong person for the attack.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

SpacePig posted:

One of my favorite episodes of Cowboy Bebop got pulled from syndication for a little while because it very prominently featured 2 skyscrapers being blown up by a terrorist.

Also, now that I think about it, the ostensibly American rival bounty hunter also blames the wrong person for the attack.

And he acts like a jackass whose actions largely just make things exponentially worse for everyone involved.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.
Bebop also had that episode with the shuttle, I think I heard something about them changing the name after the Columbia incident.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

I wonder what he'll say Wendy's nuts drag over his face.

(Also, I just learned the author of Awkward Zombie is his daughter)

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

I wonder what he'll say Wendy's nuts drag over his face.

(Also, I just learned the author of Awkward Zombie is his daughter)

I bet he's the kind of guy that says that his daughter 'got her sense of humor from him'.

bootsy
Jun 29, 2010

RoboRodent posted:

Wait wait wait.

Google the Dude Fire in Arizona.

We’ve literally had inmate firefighters die (be burned alive) while fighting woodland fires and literally nobody gave a poo poo about them. Any changes happened because “real firefighters” died with them.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

https://twitter.com/crimsix/status/1304511636254920707?s=21

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
Finally, they're saying what we've all been thinking for 20 years

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

Volcott posted:

Bebop also had that episode with the shuttle, I think I heard something about them changing the name after the Columbia incident.

I just watched that, and it caused me a little oof when the shuttle was specifically the Columbia.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

https://twitter.com/kimpossiblefact/status/1304604705310400512?s=21

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

In these hyperpolitical hell times I love good classic IOSM like this

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

I would not be surprised if 95% of Americans don’t know about WTC7. That doesn’t mean there’s a conspiracy, we’re just really dumb in aggregate.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

How do we not have a doomguy smiley?

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

https://twitter.com/civvie11/status/1304590923083513857?s=21

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
It's a weird take because Shotguns generally have short range, so encourage more dangerous play. In Borderlands 2 (which I'm currently playing for the first time) I tend to only get up close when shotgunning, and use long range tactics when switching to pistols/machineguns, which is safer.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

The line between IOSM and AUG is pretty non-existent anyways.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
https://twitter.com/kararbrown/status/1304814991711764481?s=21